I would like some help with some prayer writing

I’m on the comittee for the parish directory and we don’t think that the directory would be complete without some prayers of thanksgiving.

I think that since it is our 100 year anniversary directory it would be nice to have some beautiful prayers onthe page with the pictures of the priests and popes for that 100 years a prayer of thanksgiving for the gift of these religious that have served us.

I’m not a good writer so I would love any of your prayer ideas, prayers you find or make up.

Thank you so much.

Here are a couple of prayers for priests that I have found over the years. I don’t know the source of this first one:

O Jesus, I pray for Your faithful and fervent priests; for Your unfaithful and tepid priests; for Your priests laboring at home or abroad in distant mission fields; for Your tempted priests; for Your lonely and desolate priests; for Your young priests; for Your dying priests; for the souls of Your priests in purgatory.

But above all I recommend to You the priests dearest to me: the priest who baptized me; the priest who absolved me from my sins; the priest at whose Masses I assisted and who gave me Your Body and Blood in Holy Communion; the priests who taught and instructed me; all the priests to whom I am indebted in any other way. Jesus, keep them all close to Your heart, and bless them abundantly in time and in eternity. Amen.

The Vatican’s Congregation for Clergy has published the following prayer:

Prayer for Priests

Lord Jesus, present in the Most Blessed Sacrament,
and living perpetually among us through Your Priests,
grant that the words of Your Priests may be only Your words,
that their gestures be only Your gestures,
and that their lives be a true reflection of Your life.

Grant that they may be men who speak to God on behalf of His people,
and speak to His people of God.
Grant that they be courageous in service,
serving the Church as she asks to be served.

Grant that they may be men who witness to eternity in our time,
traveling on the paths of history in Your steps,
and doing good for all.

Grant that they may be faithful to their commitments,
zealous in their vocation and mission,
clear mirrors of their own identity,
and living the joy of the gift they have received.

We pray that Your Holy Mother, Mary,
present throughout Your life,
may be ever present in the life of Your Priests. Amen.

Thank you PhilotheaZ, those are beautiful prayers. Much more beautiful than what I have thought of and found.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.