Ian McKellen 'Proudly' Rips Leviticus 18:22 Out of All Bibles

Note to hotel managers: unless you want it to be altered forever, remove that Bible from Sir Ian McKellen’s bedside drawer before he shows up.

In a Q&A with Details magazine, the openly gay ‘Lord of the Rings’ star admits to a habit of tearing out the Bible passage that condemns homosexuality – Leviticus 18:22 – every time he finds one in his hotel room. The passage: “Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.”

“I’m not proudly defacing the book,” he asserts, “but it’s a choice between removing that page and throwing away the whole Bible.”

McKellen says his actions have inspired others to do the same. “I got delivered a package of 40 of those pages that had been torn out by a married couple I know. They put them on a bit of string so that I could hang it up in the bathroom.”

Read more: popeater.com/2009/11/02/ian-mckellen-bible-leviticus-1822/

Oh, if only he could be more like Gandalf and less like Magneto…

Customized Bibles. If you don’t like a section, remove it. Act now while supplies last.:frowning:

Boy, that’ll really show God who’s boss.

:rolleyes:

Stick to acting, Sir Ian. At least that’s something you’re good at.

– Mark L. Chance.

He can take any action he deems fit. Nevertheless, it still does not change reality and the teachings. Additionally like Rev. 22:19 states,“and if anyone takes away from the words in this prophetic book. God will take away his share in the tree of life and in the holy city described in this book.” Sadly that he thinks he is in Burger King and can have it his way.:confused:

…PLEASE CAN YOU CATHOLICS FIND FOR ME THAT SCRIPTURE IN THE BIBLE THAT SAYS; “Nothing shall be removed from the law until it’s purpase has been fulfilled.”

Hmmm, I would like a quiet word with him myself…

I agree. What was he thinking? It’s one thing to not believe in the Bible. But pick and choose what you believe? That’s shameful.

Does he still claim to be christian / catholic or something? He obviously has no faith in the holy spirit, who guided Gods word into written form.

But look at what he said below;

“I’m not proudly defacing the book,” he asserts, “but it’s a choice between removing that page and throwing away the whole Bible.”

At least he is trying. :shrug::smiley:

I’m pretty sure he’s atheist.

If Ian McKellen is ever at my house, I’ll hide all my Bibles in my bedroom. When he tries to go in to rip them, I’ll stand in front of the door and bellow, “YOUU SHALL NOT PASS!”

:smiley:

LOL - That is a good one! :wink:

It would be funny if he actually tried to do that to the quran. He’d get murdered! :blush:

:smiley:

whew! good thing that there are still other verses in the bible that condemn homosexuality. imagine if Ian McKellen gets to all the bibles :shrug: :smiley:

Agreed. :thumbsup:

Since I am fairly confident that McKellen doesn’t hang around CAF, I will relate that I read one of such verses today:

[quote=St Paul’s letter to the Romans ch1]25
They exchanged the truth of God for a lie and revered and worshiped the creature rather than the creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.
Therefore, God handed them over to degrading passions. Their females exchanged natural relations for unnatural,
and the males likewise gave up natural relations with females and burned with lust for one another. Males did shameful things with males and thus received in their own persons the due penalty for their perversity.

And since they did not see fit to acknowledge God, God handed them over to their undiscerning mind to do what is improper.
They are filled with every form of wickedness, evil, greed, and malice; full of envy, murder, rivalry, treachery, and spite. They are gossips
and scandalmongers and they hate God. They are insolent, haughty, boastful, ingenious in their wickedness, and rebellious toward their parents.
They are senseless, faithless, heartless, ruthless.
[/quote]

and i know theres a few more in other epistles

maybe the reason Ian doesn’t know about them because being in Hollywood, everyone’s Jewish. so he doesn’t know about the verses in the New Testament :smiley:

I’m sure that he is actually a jew.

Big :smiley:

“My upbringing was of low nonconformist Christians who felt that you led the Christian life in part by behaving in a Christian manner to everybody you met.” from an interview in The Advocate, via wikipedia.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.