Icksp habit?

Ive seen tge institute of christ the king sacred priests, and what really cathes my eye is their beautiful choir dress. Is choir dress a habit, and do they wear that all the time?

Ah, the Institute of Christ the King Sovereign Priest. :slight_smile:

My spiritual director is an ICRSS canon. I have never seen him in choir dress.

The only time I have ever seen any of the canons in choir dress in person was during the Institute’s annual Lourdes pilgrimage earlier this year. Since the wearing of choir dress is sporadic and not constant, I’ll assume the Institute’s choir dress is not a “habit” for its clergy but, as always, remain open to correction/clarification by those more knowledgeable than I.

When is wearing choir dress appropriate, I still don’t really know what it is hehe :shrug:

During public prayer (think LOTH/DO) and at Mass when neither celebrating nor concelebrating the liturgy. This is for all Roman Catholic clergy, not just the ICRSS.

Perhaps these links will help: Roman Catholic choir dress and Eastern choir dress (includes Eastern Catholic)

I try not to resort to Wikipedia for matters concerning the Church but could find no clearer explanation. Note that I can’t vouch for the accuracy of the info on the Eastern churches as my knowledge in all things Eastern Catholic is lamentably sparse.

Makes sense, so what do they wear instead?

A black cassock. At the pilgrimage, they each also wore a black fascia embroidered (in black) with the Institute’s coat of arms.

Aw, I was hoping it was like the canons regular crosians who wear their choir dress

Well, they’re not the canons regular crosians (I don’t know who they are, I’m afraid—could you enlighten me?) Why were you hoping the ICRSS would be like them? Does it make a difference in some way? :ehh:

The Institute’s choir dress is unique to it and is worn by their canons on occasions that choir dress is ordinarily worn, which I cited earlier. I was unaware anyone wore choir dress as a habit.

I meant the croziers, and i mistaked their habit for choir dress

Oh, the Crosiers! Okay, I understand. Yes, what they wear is actually a habit. It has visual similarities to the choir dress of other clergy, so I can see how one might mistake it for such.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.