ICRSS Choir dress - need information

Hello,

I’ve drawn cassocks and choir dresses for wikipedia in the past. ([1], [2])

I’d like to draw the choir dress(es?) of the Institute of Christ the King and Sovereign Priest, but I’m having trouble finding good information about it.

I have so far encountered two sorts of choir dress. One very similar to a standard canon choir dress, a black shoulder cape with blue outlining, and another that has a fully blue shoulder cape.

Can anyone here give me more information? Any resources regarding other choir dresses are also welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Hello,

It seems to me you’re describing the two choir dresses of the canons and the superiors, respectively.
+++
In 2006, the Cardinal Archbishop of Florence, responsible for the overview of the Institute’s life, bestowed upon our priests and oblates their specific choir dress. The choir dress consists of a rochet, a mozzetta, the cross of St. Francis de Sales on a blue and white ribbon, and a biretta with a blue pom-pom. The superiors have a blue mozetta, the priests have a black mozetta with blue piping, and the oblates wear the cross and ribbon on the surplice. The blue stands for our complete dedication to the Blessed Mother and is traditionally the color shown on St. Francis de Sales in most paintings of him. The choir dress expresses the strong unity, spiritually, and identity of the Institute and adds solemnity to the liturgy.
institute-christ-king.org/institute/questions/

+++

Also, if you’re looking for more pictures to study, the best place to go to is the French version of the ICRSS website where pictures abound! Here’s the link: icrsp.org/

take care,
amsjj :slight_smile:

+++
Jesus, God and man,
imprisoned by love in Thy most holy Sacrament,
have mercy upon us.
– Blessed John Henry Newman, December 22, 1851

Tú y yo sabemos por la fe que oculto en las especies sacramentales está Cristo,
ese Cristo con su Cuerpo, con su Sangre, con su Alma, y con su Divinidad,
prisonero de amor.
– San Josemaria Escriva, 1 junio 1974

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.