Identical twins ordained as priests

Working on weekends as a deacon at St. Agnes Catholic Parish in Fowlerville, Gary Koenigsknecht would occasionally need to gently correct someone who belonged to St. Mary Catholic Parish a couple of towns west.

“You would have somebody from Williamston say, ‘Hey, I saw you last week!’ ” he said. “And it was like, ‘No, you really did not.’ ”

That’s because the tall, blue-eyed deacon with military-short brown hair and an easy, welcoming smile at St. Mary in Williamston was Gary’s identical twin, Todd.

livingstondaily.com/article/20140615/NEWS01/306150009/Identical-twins-ordained-priests

Nice! :thumbsup:

Praise The Lord. God bless them both.

The identical twins being ordained are from the area discussed in a previous article which seems to have a large number of priestly vocations.

nytimes.com/2014/06/17/us…ef=todayspaper

May other regions of our country be similarly blessed and may these two young men lead may souls to Christ and be richly rewarded in heaven!
Amen.

Coming soon: A hilarious situation comedy on this starring … (currently auditioning)

Jim Carrey

Justin Bieber

Jonas Brothers - (there’s 3 so … young hip priest, traditional contemplative priest … and their questioning semi-agnostic brother who is nonetheless drawn to the faith and the priesthood)

Michael Voris

_____________________________ < your nominee(s) here :wink:

(on the serious side, this is cool)

(back to the less serious - assign them together. What fun and confusion in the rectory and parish!)

We had this issue at my parish. One of the priests is now deceased, but his brother still lives at the parish. It was fun to see people get confused about which “Father” gave Mass, or who it was they saw at the Cathedral.

They used to pull some stunts when younger that even fooled the Bishop at the time. For example: One would go to a meeting so the other could get a day off. The Bishop had a hard time telling who was who so they got away this a few times. They had plenty of very funny stories to tell, all based on being identical twins and tricking people.:extrahappy:

That’s funny. :slight_smile: People always asked me and my brother if we would switch places to take each other’s tests. But I never believed he could get a better grade than I could get myself. :stuck_out_tongue:

LOL…:smiley:
God bless the twin priests.
Mary.

Lovely! :heart: I know a pair of fraternal twin priests (thank goodness they aren’t identical or they would have driven me nuts by now) and I often reflect on how blessed their family is to have had them both hear and answer the Lord’s call.

I think the bishops endeavored to keep them separated in ministry over the course of their priesthoods, however, among other reasons to prevent any shenanigans from occurring. As a result, their respective priesthoods have followed very different paths. While I know them to have a good familial relationship, they tend to keep their distance whenever they are in the same place as priests (as opposed to socially) because—I suspect—each wants to be known as a priest in his own right, not as Fr. So-and-So’s twin brother.

From a wider angle, I’m stunned at the data offered by the New York Times article: these twins’ hometown (population 1,224) has produced 22 priests, as has an even smaller neighboring town (population 938). To my knowledge, the town I live in hasn’t seen a local boy ordained since 1990 :frowning:

Isn’t that wonderful? Perhaps youth groups might consider making overnight pilgrimages to Saint Mary Church and praying for God’s grace as they begin to discern their vocations.
The notion of each of us having a special vocation to discern wasn’t really discussed during my middle school and high school years. I think it can be so helpful to young people to have support as they begin a discernment process which may be a many year process.
May God bless your youth and our priests.
Amen.

This calls for a concelebration - at Sts. Cosmas and Damian!

On the second, at 2pm. “Et cum Spiri… TWO DUO!”

Matthew 18:18 Amen, I say to you, whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

19 Again, (amen,) I say to you, if two of you agree on earth about anything for which they are to pray, it shall be granted to them by my heavenly Father.

20 For where** two** or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them."

vatican.va/archive/ENG0839/_PVR.HTM#AJ

:D:thumbsup:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.