Identify this church...

Christ our Lord inspired Isaiah to write:

“I am, and there is no one besides me; I shall not sit as a widow
or know the loss of children” (Isaiah 47:8)

Who is this? She says that she is the only. She will not be without a husband. She is determined to keep her children near her. Who is this?

It is Babylon.

Babylon describes her, you are correct:

"And on her forehead was written a name of mystery: “Babylon the great, mother of prostitutes and of earth’s abominations.”
(Revelation 17:5)

Notice “mother”. The woman who refuses to be a widow and the mother who refuses to lose her children.

Does she exist in history as she was prophesied to?

[quote=M_Oliver]Babylon describes her, you are correct:

"And on her forehead was written a name of mystery: “Babylon the great, mother of prostitutes and of earth’s abominations.”
(Revelation 17:5)

Notice “mother”. The woman who refuses to be a widow and the mother who refuses to lose her children.

Does she exist in history as she was prophesied to?
[/quote]

Oh, my gosh, you must be talking about the Catholic Church! Help, save me from the Whore of Babylon! :rolleyes: :eek: Give me a break. Take your soul-savin’ mission somewhere else. We’ve already heard it here.

Been there, done that. Already refuted. It’s been discussed over and over, and refuted time and again. Is there something more substantial than such things?

Hello M_Oliver,

Welcome to this forum, it is common for people like you to pop up every once in a while to try and evangelize Catholics. We welcome you here, but now one of two things will happen.

You will be exposed to Catholics who actually know a little about the Church and what strawman arguements are, misrepresentations and misconceptions frequently held.
Either you will be dishonest and spend a large amount of time denying our answers and eventually leave.
Or you will honestly consider our answers and we will have some fruitful dialogue, usually ending up with you converting or having a much deeper appreciation for the Catholic Church and becoming Orthodox or more liturgical.

I invite you over to study the Bible with us. salvationhistory.com/

In Christ
Scylla

Are you a Jehovah’s Witness? I got the impression from a different thread that you are (based on your theology about immortal souls).
Correct me if I am wrong.

[quote=Eden]Are you a Jehovah’s Witness? I got the impression from a different thread that you are (based on your theology about immortal souls).
Correct me if I am wrong.
[/quote]

But I didn’t think that Jehovah’s Witnesses were pacifists? I was thinking more along the lines of an anabaptist, but who knows. :confused:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.