‘Idol Gives Back’ — To Pro-Abortion Groups

*FRONT ROYAL, VA (MetroCatholic) – Once again, “American Idol” is aligning itself with pro-abortion groups. Among the groups benefiting this year’s “Idol Gives Back” fund- raising campaign are Save the Children and the United Nations Foundation. “Idol Gives Back,” which airs tonight, will feature several celebrities who will urge Americans to make a donation.

Save the Children has a working relationship with what it calls “prominent international organizations.” Several of these groups are actively pro-abortion, including Better World Fund, Center for Reproductive Rights, Planned Parenthood Federation of America, Population Action International, and the U.S. Committee for UNICEF.

In 2001, Save the Children worked with Planned Parenthood, the Population Action Council, and the pro- abortion Audubon Society on its five-year “Planet Campaign.” **Funded by the rabidly pro-abortion/ population control David and Lucile Packard and Bill and Melinda Gates Foundations, *the purpose of the campaign was to “raise awareness of the connections between international family planning and the health of children, women and the environment.” The Planet Campaign used television and print advertising, community outreach, special events, and other activities to spread its message. Save the Children said the campaign’s website provided “an international forum for discussion of, and action on, women’s reproductive health—including family planning—in various countries and diverse cultures around the world.”

dfwcatholic.org/idol-gives-back-to-pro-abortion-groups-8712/.html

I suppose that it should be no surprise that a show called “American Idol” will financially support abortion, along with major donations from the richest man on earth, Bill Gates.

This doesn't suprise me in the slightest. This is why I never donate money until I really am sure where it is going. including the collection basket at Mass!

Bill Gates has also said vaccinations are for population control.

[quote="amhara, post:3, topic:195612"]
Bill Gates has also said vaccinations are for population control.

[/quote]

Yes, and he claims to be Catholic.

Anything that is part of the popular culture has to be suspect. Our culture has become almost completely anti-God, and anti-life. It’s no surprise that something as popular as American Idol should be in step with that.

Really, I thought Bill Gates was agnostic.

How can you say that our culture is almost completely anti-god when most people in this country identify themselve as christians. Religion and God IS the popular culture. Just because American Idol or Hollywood as a whole is more liberal or does something you don’t like doesn’t mean that Hollywood speaks for most of America. I always hear Catholics complain about how they don’t want anyone telling them what’s right and what isn’t and what should and shouldn’t be legal or illegal but at the same time have no problems telling others the same thing.

Also I can never wrap my head around the whole “pro-abortion” thing. No one is pro-abortion. People don’t run around making others get abortions or forcing it upon people on a daily basis in out culture except in extreme circumstances.

[quote="j1akey, post:7, topic:195612"]
How can you say that our culture is almost completely anti-god when most people in this country identify themselve as christians. Religion and God IS the popular culture. Just because American Idol or Hollywood as a whole is more liberal or does something you don't like doesn't mean that Hollywood speaks for most of America. I always hear Catholics complain about how they don't want anyone telling them what's right and what isn't and what should and shouldn't be legal or illegal but at the same time have no problems telling others the same thing.

Also I can never wrap my head around the whole "pro-abortion" thing. No one is pro-abortion. People don't run around making others get abortions or forcing it upon people on a daily basis in out culture except in extreme circumstances.

[/quote]

Yes many people cal themselves Christians, etc, but most, almost all I would say, don't act Christian. They act anti-God, anti-life. Actions are more important than what you call yourself.

Pro-abortion doesn't sound nice does it? if you support abortion I consider a person pro-abortion. They aren't anti abortion are they? No they don't make people get an abortion but they support it. If you are for abortion I don't see what wrong with the term. However I think inside, pro-abortionists also realise that pro-abortion doesn't sound so good, if you understand what I mean.

I wouldn’t mind the term so much if it actually represented the standpoint of the people you say are “pro-abortionists”. Saying someone is “pro-abortion” indicates that they prefer abortions over keeping the child as a general rule and I would hope that most people are smart enough to know that isn’t the case. However the way everyone talks about it you’d think that is the case. Just because someone is in favor of giving women the right to choose doesn’t mean they prefer abortions and to say otherwise is rediculous.

[quote="irishpatrick, post:4, topic:195612"]
Yes, and he claims to be Catholic.

[/quote]

I believe he was raised in a Congregationalist family, and while he "respects religion" is not Catholic. theamericanview.com/index.php?id=649

His wife, Melinda, is supposed to be Catholic, however.

[quote="dixieagle, post:10, topic:195612"]
I believe he was raised in a Congregationalist family, and while he "respects religion" is not Catholic. theamericanview.com/index.php?id=649

His wife, Melinda, is supposed to be Catholic, however.

[/quote]

I stand corrected. Thank you for the important clarification. :)

We can never be too careful where our charitible contributiuons go and if it some kind of a secular media telethon type thing you can usually bet some pro-abortion group is going to get some of that money.

Pres. Obama appeared on the show April 21?

The President and First Lady took time out of their busy schedules on Wednesday to sit down for a taping with "American Idol" as part of the hit show's fundraising event set to air next week.

"Idol Gives Back" is a two-hour charity performance that has already raised more than $140 million in contributions for global organizations.

Many celebrities....

thecelebritycafe.com/feature/american-idol-recap-top-seven-and-idol-gives-back-04-25-2010

[quote="j1akey, post:9, topic:195612"]
I wouldn't mind the term so much if it actually represented the standpoint of the people you say are "pro-abortionists". Saying someone is "pro-abortion" indicates that they prefer abortions over keeping the child as a general rule and I would hope that most people are smart enough to know that isn't the case. However the way everyone talks about it you'd think that is the case. Just because someone is in favor of giving women the right to choose doesn't mean they prefer abortions and to say otherwise is rediculous.

[/quote]

Well the debate isn't about wether women should be forced to have abortions. Its about whether abortion should be legal, is it the right thing to do to allow abortions, etc. So you are either pro-abortion or anti-abortion. I'm sure there are people who think we should force women into having abortions, but it isn't getting much voice- thank goodness. I think we can both agree on that!;)

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.