If a man changes his last name is he dishonoring his father?

If a man changed his last name many years ago when he was a young man before becoming a Catholic because of resentment toward his father for not being there to raise him but then later, after converting to the Catholic faith, reconciles with his father and has no more anger toward him but still doesn’t change his last name back is he living in sin?

My husband did this, and he wants to change his last name back but has been putting it off because he is in the military where one has to wear their last name on the outside of their uniform and where everyong knows you by your last name only, and he hasn’t wanted to call attention to himself. He had first changed his name many years ago before entering into the military and when he used to be a liberal.

This link should be give you the answer you need. If you have any further questions or concerns that are not answered by this link, please contact Catholic Answers directly.
Recommended Reading:

[LIST]
*]Will changing my surname dishonor my dad?
[/LIST]

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.