If anti-catholisism was an olimpic event who gets the medals?

acording to you who are the top anti-catholics around??? AND WHY.

This one is easy…Jack Chick :mad:

We may consider his “comic books” to be full of junk and lies, but sadly there are many who “buy” into his extreme hate.

James White - Silver
David Hunt - Bronze

Jack Chick gets my vote. Loraine Boetner would be second, though I would say it would be by a full length for getting history so incredible wrong and distorting about every Catholic truth there is… Ian Paisley and be right up there for outright biggotry. Mary Anne Collins wins the womens bracket.

Honorable mentions, Ron Gendron at #4, William Webster, Robert Zins, and Eric Svedson. Down the line would come James White. He at least tries not to spin it too much. I’m sure I am leaving out some notables.:smiley:

Oh yes, the poster above reminded me of Dave Hunt. He’s number 3 ahead of Paisley and Gendron, only because of his higher name recongition and outlandish books.

WHO IS jack chic??? in what cemmentery does he scare???

Honorable mention:

1. The U.S. media.
  2. Most mainstream universities.

James White
Jack Chick
Eric Svedson
Loraine Boettner

Ex-Catholic fundalmentalists - gold
Fundalmentalists (including SB’s) - silver
SDA’s, jws and mormons - tied for bronze

My ex-Catholic fundamentalist brother thakes the gold! :smiley:

My federal government takes the silver! :mad:

My provinvial government takes the bronze! :tsktsk:

Blessings,
Shoshana

[quote=miguel delgado]WHO IS jack chic??? in what cemmentery does he scare???
[/quote]

jack chick spends an enormous amount of energy bashing the Catholic faith and making people believe we are the whore of babylon. Check out his website - just google his name. Sorry I don’t have a link. Read some of his comic strips - but have some mylanta nearby for the nausea you will feel after reading them. :frowning:

…whoeeee… that’s a dangerous question in these forums…

i can certainly think of a few members who would turn you against catholocism, …might even include me:eek:

Planned Parenthood - Gold

National Teachers Union - Silver

Big Hollywood - Bronze

just curious why the national teachers union.Where can i find some information on what they say.

I’d go with Jack Chick, too. I’ve even read his book (with so many pictures!) called “Smokescreens” that has a painted image of JPII atop a mountain of gold on the cover. It’s hilarious! www.chick.com.

If you want a quick rundown of his ideas, watch the “controversial” clip at the following link: chick.com/catalog/videos/LOTW.asp#clips.

Enjoy!

“Catholics” - those people who claim to be Catholic but don’t follow the Church.

If Jack Chick were an Olympic skater, he’d get really low scores for artistic merit, and they’d deduct a lot of points because he continually falls flat. No gold there.

If he played hockey, he takes more shots than anybody else, but they’re always so far off the mark. No gold there.

On the other hand, consider the giant slalom ski race. You take a crooked path left and right, and the winner is the one who hits bottom fastest. Jack, you get the gold!

space ghost…whoeeee… that’s a dangerous question in these forums…

i can certainly think of a few members who would turn you against catholocism, …might even include me:eek:

HA! Space ghost, you sure have a way of driving home a point.

Excuse me while I try to remove this beam from my eye.

[quote=TZiggy]space ghost…whoeeee… that’s a dangerous question in these forums…

HA! Space ghost, you sure have a way of driving home a point.

Excuse me while I try to remove this beam from my eye.
[/quote]

Isn’t he the best…might even be called the Holy Ghost! :smiley:

Although they don’t qualify for the Olympics, the poor misguided souls at contenderministries.org/catholicism.php keep stumbling along.

IMHO We (Catholics) are the cause of the anti-Catholic rhetoric.
The GOLD, SILVER and BRONZ would all go to those people who call themselves Catholics and do not follow the FAITH. And are vocal about it.:mad:
This causes those non-Catholics to see us as phoney and causes others to fall away.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.