If anyone is in Christ... (4) essential signs

If anyone is in Christ…he has (4) essential signs of evidence.

(From the initiation of catechumens in the infant church before the Bible was available.)

These are the signs;
(1)…Kerygma, (the message of salvation)
(2)…Koinonia, (the fellowship with Christ and His disciples)
(3(…Eucharistia, (the communion of the flesh and blood of Christ in The New Covenant)
(4)…Marturia,( living out our witness, led by The Holy Spirit )

(The Fruits & Gifts of the Holy Spirit)

Today anyone who cracks open a bible can call himself a christian or a prophet, …even without any evidence , launch out on a “mission” with only a piece of the message…
much like a 4wd car launches out on a “journey” without two or three of its wheels.

gusano

[quote=gusano]If anyone is in Christ…he has (4) essential signs of evidence.

(From the initiation of catechumens in the infant church before the Bible was available.

These are the signs;
(1)…Kerygma, (the message of salvation)
(2)…Koinonia, (the fellowship with Christ and His disciples)
(3(…Eucharistia, (the communion of the flesh and blood of Christ in The New Covenant)
(4)…Marturia,( living out our witness, led by The Holy Spirit )

(The Fruits & Gifts of the Holy Spirit)

gusano
[/quote]

Interesting.
Regarding the “initiation of catechumens”…do you mean the Didache?

I was wondering the same thing. Interesting stuff.

[quote=gracelife]Interesting.
[/quote]

[/quote]

I’m interested in this too… Where did you get this list of four signs from? I’d like to read more about it

[/quote]

as I understand it ,DIDACHE (a greek word) is "the teaching of the Apostles"
CATECHUMENATE (a Latin word) is the Church’s effort to make disciples, the Message taught by the Apostles or those appointed by the Apostolic tradition…to build up the Body of Christ.

DIDACHE and CATECHUMENATE could mean the same thing in two different languages.

A few moments before Jesus ascended into heaven He said to the disciples"Teach them to carry out everything I have commanded you."
The DIDACHE, the CATECHUMENATE came about as a result of that command.

Available in the PROLOGUE of your Catechism of the Catholic Church

The Bible was finalized near the end of the fourth century.

gusano

[quote=RichSpidizzy]I’m interested in this too… Where did you get this list of four signs from? I’d like to read more about it
[/quote]

After I was recruited into the Parrish Catechumenate Team I was sent to Calgary, Alberta with our Deacon for a Catechumenate Forum; “Beginnings and Beyond”.
There The Local Bishop Gave The most stunning, most Powerful sermon I have ever heard .
He wrote these four signs on the marker board and explained how they form us into the WHOLE LIFE of Christ…if we allow the Holy Spirit to lead us there.

It took him about 60 seconds.

When I returned to Our Lady of Lourdes Cathedral, I could hardly wait to share this with the rest of our team… :smiley:

One of them said;…Yeah, I know how you feel…here it is in Acts 2:42,43 !

gusano

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.