If I have doubts should I still become Catholic?

I’m going through RCIA and am on tract to join the Catholic church at Easter. I am presently a confirmed Lutheran. The problem is: as we get into the nuts and bolts of the faith, I’m beginning to have doubts. Especially concerning praying to saints and the need for reconciliation. I worry about taking on the infamous “Catholic guilt,” possibly because I have a tendency to carry a lot of guilt from my past already.

I’m having a tough time with transitioning from being saved completely by grace and never losing that salvation, as the Lutheran church teaches, to the Catholic view of salvation through faith along with doing good works. I don’t know if this teaching is just at odds with what I’ve been taught to believe, causing me discomfort, or if I really need to put the brakes on and give a lot more prayerful consideration before changing churches.

Adding to my confusion is the fact that my faith was severely shaken by the suicide of my husband one and a half years ago.

These links should give you the answers that you need. If you have any further questions or concerns that are not answered by this, please contact Catholic Answers directly.

Recommended Reading:

[LIST]
*]How do I know if I am ready to convert?

]The Intercession of the Saints (Fathers
*]Praying to the Saints
*]Saint Worship?
*]Immaculate Conception and Assumption

*]Where is confession to a priest in the Bible?

*]Once Saved, Always Saved? by Jason Evert
*]John 3:16 and eternal security. by Steve Ray
*]Why do we hold to conditional salvation?
*]Confused: I can’t be sure I’m going to heaven?
*]What about eternal security?
*]Does 1 John 5 confirm once saved, always saved?
*]Can one lose salvation?

*]Salvation is “just believing in Jesus”…
*]Doesn’t the good thief prove sola fide?
*]Sola Fide before the Reformation?
*]This Rock: Quick Questions: Sola Fide
[/LIST]

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.