If I marry a Protestant, how would our children have to be brought up?

I am dating a Protestant and while doing our study bible and reading a book about being in love while young, we came across a part that talked about not marrying non-believers because you would probably end up going to church alone. Since we’ve started dating, he has helped me grow in MY faith and I in HIS. We decided to start talking about marriage since we have different beliefs. We felt that it would work out better if we talked about it now instead of “we’ll deal with it later”. I know I can marry him and it would be valid in the Catholic church, as long as I requires an express dispensation from the bishop in order for the union to be considered valid. But what we seem to be having trouble with is future children and we want to attend mass together but how would we work that out?

Please help. Thank you

The following links should help you better understand what the Church teaches about marrying a non-Catholic and what this means for the children of such a union. If you have any further questions, please contact Catholic Answers directly.

Recommended Reading:

Marriage between Catholic and Protestant
Should I marry a man of a different religion?
What is my obligation to bring up my child as a Catholic?
Is it even possible to work out this situation?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.