If Islam became the majority Religion in the UK

If Islam becomes the majority Religion in the United Kingdom, and Christians were a minority, would Christianity still be allowed to freely practiced? I would really like to hear a response from a Muslim on this.

Just look at the dying populations of Europe, it seems not long before Islam does become the majority Religion here, what with all the immigration. I once heard that either there would be a huge Christian resurgence in Europe, or Islam would become the dominant Religion here. Islam has already surpassed Catholicism as the largest religion on Earth.

**lemonbeam, if you keep the politics out of this matter, I am ready to reply. But not exactly what you are supposing or asking. If you want to discuss the good British rules and imagine some new kind of Tolerant Muslims, things can be very good for every one. The Msulims should not (and never) go for any political supermacy any where in the world unless called upon by the local people to help them. This should be understood by all Muslims. There is not to be any Jihad or promotion of any faith with weapons. There is not to be any religious war, any Crusade.

I have some plan for things as they should be. But that is a hypothetical case only. If you are interested then I may spell it out. At present I can only say “God save the Queen.”**

**I add a few words. Even if the Muslims became more in number in UK or Europe, they will need more moral values to survive and to let others in peace. Even if they out number the christians, the Muslims should never yearn for political take over. They should enjoy the good hospitality of the European nations and be thankful to them and live peacefully, humbly, happily, under any rulers. As long as the Rulers do not interfere in their religion (i.e. islam), the Muslims should also never raise any religious or political upheaval or unrest in the places where they live.

But I can only explain the whole scenerio by an example in detail.**

The optimistic part of me wants to say that if the Muslims were the majority here in the USA there would be more modesty and sense of morality, wihch in turn would help shape up our society. Recently there have been alot of scandals involving adultery, corruption, and deception in the US from people who claim to be Christian but in fact are not really.
The reality, however, would be much different. Muslims treat non-muslims as second class citizens. Look at countries like Iran and Saudi Arabia.
They are not compassionate and have no mercy.
All the Quran talks about is kill this, conquer this, crush the infidel, jihad against the unbeliever.

I wouldn’t worry about it, non believers pretty much already out number everyone in the UK, and there numbers are growing all the time.

Hello, Im guessing you mean non-believers as in agnostic/atheists. Well they do not outnumber Religious people here in the UK. In the 2001 National Census 71.6% of population declared themselves to be Christian, a further 2.7% as Muslim and 1% as Hindu. Only 15.5% said they had “no religion” and 7.3% did not reply to the question. And the 2005 survey has pretty much the same results.

What I’m talking about in this Thread, is if Islam becomes the majority Religion in this country, which it likely will, what will happen to Christianity? Will Christians be practice without persecution?

Why is it okay here in the UK for Muslims to build Mosques and Islamic centuries of learning, but in countries like Saudi Arabia, Iran, Iraq etc. Christians are heavily persecuted, they are not free to worship and are treated are second class citizens!? Why!?

When people talk about being Christian in such a survey, they’re really talking about being ‘culturally Christian’, they send Christmas cards, eat Easter eggs, stuff like that. Meanwhile, on Sundays they’re more likely to attend the great Cathedrals of B&Q, Homebase, Tesco, Asda and Sainsbury’s than anywhere else.

What I’m talking about in this Thread, is if Islam becomes the majority Religion in this country, which it likely will, what will happen to Christianity? Will Christians be practice without persecution?

About as real a question as ‘if aliens arrived from the planet Zzzaaargggh’.

Why is it okay here in the UK for Muslims to build Mosques and Islamic centuries of learning, but in countries like Saudi Arabia, Iran, Iraq etc. Christians are heavily persecuted, they are not free to worship and are treated are second class citizens!? Why!?

Perhaps that’s the question you should have asked in the first place?

:thumbsup:

These results do not reveal the intensity of religious belief or non-belief. There is also a huge number of de-churched (people who have a personal relationship with God that have stopped going to Church.), such that the ratio of de-churched to regular attenders is about 2:1. However, according to the figures from Christian Research, based on an extensive census of congregations in 2005, the decline has been slowed as Britain has become more ethnically diverse.

whychurch.org.uk/myths.php

There has also been a Church attendance rise in the last year:

telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/religion/4389361/Number-of-churchgoers-rises-by-5-in-a-year-according-to-charity.html

About as real a question as ‘if aliens arrived from the planet Zzzaaargggh’.

?

Perhaps that’s the question you should have asked in the first place?

:thumbsup:

It doesn’t have far to go down in Church attendance.

Consumer Reports does not have a rating for crystal balls. Thus, none of us can know the future any better than the other! :wink:

But history paints a VERY ugly picture of what happens to the christians when a nation’s demographics change from being christian to muslim. Go ask any christian from any country on the south or east shore of the Med what it’s like to live in a majority muslim nation and come on back and let us know. Since your questions starts with the presumed “IF” then history is likely your most reliable answer.

The betting industry might well disagree about that.

An absurd projection doesn’t become more than an absurd projection just because it’s made.

Think your a bit out of date mate.
% of population that believe in a god, and that is ANY god.

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1194711/Two-thirds-teenagers-dont-believe-God–think-reality-TV-important.html

* 59 per cent of children believed religion has had a negative influence on the world
* 60 per cent only go to church for a wedding or christening
* Only 30 per cent of teenagers think there is an afterlife...
* ... while 10 per cent believe in reincarnation
* 47 per cent said organised religion had no place in the world
* 60 per cent don't believe Religious Studies should be compulsory in schools
* However, 91 per cent agreed they should treat others the way they wished to be treated themselves

Read more: dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1194711/Two-thirds-teenagers-dont-believe-God–think-reality-TV-important.html#ixzz0O6iDKaJ0

Every single statistic survery says has a different result! What does that say to you? They are unreliable! There are over 60 million people in Britain, and according to the 2007 statistics, the United Kingdom was on the 13th largest Christian population list with 43,515,786.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_religious_populations

In may 2008, Lynda Barley, the head of research in the Church of England, disputed forecasts of Church attendance given by Christian Research.

Lynda Barley said that the number of Church attendees every month is a figure that is 30 per cent higher [than the Sunday attendance figure used by Christian Research] and has remained stable since 2000. She also said there is no reason to believe that this will drop significantly.

On Teenagers, as a Teenager myself I know that most teenagers don’t take a position such as atheist. Most Western teenagers are very materialistic. Out of sight, out of mind. It’s only when they get older they start to ask questions.

Look at the title of the article:

*Two-thirds of teenagers don’t believe in God… and think reality TV is more important

Teenagers are teenagers. What the belief is of a teenager, and what they believe when they get older is usually very different. Another thing, data can be easily changed or gotten wrong. This survey was done on 1000 teenagers. How is that applicable, for the number of teenagers that actually exist in Britain and their beliefs.

Every European country is different. 56.7% of the people of Poland attend Church weekly, whereas other European countries have different results. A lot of the countries in Eastern Europe are still coming out of the evils of Communism, when Religion was completely drained out of the society. Hopefully there will be a resurgence of Christianity there. I know that for a fact that Russia is predicted by 2050 to have a higher percentage of the population will be Christian, rising from about 57 percent to possibly 75 percent.

In may 2008, Lynda Barley, the head of research in the Church of England, disputed forecasts of Church attendance given by Christian Research.

Lynda Barley said that the number of Church attendees every month is a figure that is 30 per cent higher [than the Sunday attendance figure used by Christian Research] and has remained stable since 2000. She also said there s no reason to believe that this will drop significantly.”

Multiple websites, news sources etc. are actually reporting decline in atheism Worldwide:

geocities.com/richleebruce/b/atheist.html

worldtribune.com/worldtribune/05/breaking2453432.91875.html

By the way, some of you seem to think that this is only a projected scenario, well it’s not.

Look here:

Muslims Majority in Europe Within 20 Years - youtube.com/watch?v=CSWLLc6uikE

In Twenty Years, Britain Will have a Muslim Majority - rightsidenews.com/200809141940/global-terrorism/in-twenty-years-britain-will-have-a-muslim-majority.html

Have you any sensible studies to support your position?

As she says:

And yet week-by-week in modern day Britain this personal belief does not play out into any
obvious religious practise. We do not see people worshipping in our churches to any
significant extent and growing numbers have lost touch with church in any shape or form.

in the fact across the Muslim world you can find beautiful ancient churches and temples which are traced back to before the Muslim rule. Case in point Jerusalem, Bethleham, and Nazereth. There are 30 million orthodox/catholic Arabs across the Middle East today whose roots go back also before the Muslim domination of these lands. This is roughly 10% of the Arab world. Secondly, there was never a war fought by the Muslims anywhere near Indonesia. Indonesia is the most densely populated Muslim country of close to 200 million Muslims whose ancestors learned of Islam through traders and merchants from the Persian Gulf.

Here are some sincere fair historians with no agenda. Either unbiased atheists or real Christians who tell the truth.

“History makes it clear however, that the legend of fanatical Muslims sweeping through the world and forcing Islam a the point of a sword upon conquered races is one of the most fantastically absurd myths that historians have ever repeated.” (by: De lacy O’Leary “Islam at the crossroads” pg.8)

“The more important factor for the spread of Islam is its (just) religious law (shariah) which was designed to cover all manifestations of life” (Franz Rosenthal, “Political thought in Medieval Islam” pg. 21 Cambridge Press)

Muslims ruled Spain for about 800 years. During these 800 years, until Muslims were finally forced out by the crusaders, non-Muslims flourished in Spain. Muslims have ruled Arabia for 1400 years, except for brief periods of British and French rule. Yet there are today 14 million Arabs who are Coptic Christians whose families have been Christians going back several generations.

The Muslims ruled India for about a thousand years. They had the power to forcibly convert each and every non-Muslim of India to Islam. Today more than 80% of the population of India is non-Muslim.

Thomas Arnold, a former Christian missionary in India, who cannot be accused of being pro-Islam, in his famous book ‘The Preaching of Islam’, indicates that there have been certain periods where Muslim rulers have diverted from this tolerance, but it was due to a deviation from Islamic principles, rather than conformance to them.
He concludes that the two primary reasons for the spread of Islam all over the world were merchants and the Sufis, two groups of people who went out, worked with humanity and gently invited others to their faith.

The Quran and Sunnah (Traditions of the Prophet) explicitly dictate regulations and rights for the protection of non-Muslim minorities living under the rule of Islam. The Prophet even said that if a Muslim hurts a covenanted person (i.e. a non-Muslim living under the rule of Islam) or commits any injustice to him, then on the Day of Judgment the Prophet (pbuh) would be the advocate on behalf of the non-Muslim against the Muslim.

In a hadith related by Abu Dawud he said, “Do no kill any old person, any child, or any woman,” and he said, “Do no kill people sitting in places of worship.” Abu Bakr, the first Caliph, gave detailed instructions to his army heading for Syria based on his knowledge of Qur’an and hadiths:

“Stop, O people, that I may give you ten rules for your guidance in the battlefield. Do not commit treachery or deviate from the right path. You must not mutilate dead bodies. Neither kill a child, nor a woman, nor an aged man. Bring no harm to the trees, nor burn them with fire, especially those which are fruitful. Slay not any of the enemy’s flock, save for your food. You are likely to pass by people who have devoted their lives to monastic services; leave them alone.”

well , you can find million of answers for your question , but if you asked me or any other muslims about whether islam ordered muslims to persecute the people of other religions , then the answer will be : " absolutly not " :slight_smile:

Not really, your page is unsourced.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_atheism <— that one is referenced.

I could count on one hand that amount of people i know under the age of 50 that believe in god.

Just wait it will happen. God never intended His people to be fooled by a mad man. England, Wales, Scotland and Ireland are Christian lands. Pray for Christian Revival in the British Isles and Europe!

Deus Le Volt!:knight1:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.