If this isn't a child... i don't what is

michaelclancy.com/

this photojournalist was able to take picture of a baby in utero while a doctor performs surgery on the baby. while the doctor performs the surgery. the little baby sticks out his tiny little hands and grabs the doctor’s fingers. it is just precious.

Yes this picture has been going around allot. But there is much more to the story, and 2 sides
.snopes.com/photos/thehand.asp
A picture is worth a thousand words though and this one says allot. Just think at 21 weeks this would be still be open game for a abortion.:frowning:

so it was a hoax? i’m such a sucker.

No, that’s just it, it wasn’t a hoax. Some people claimed it was a hoax. The doctor himself said it wasn’t, although he denied that the child reached out willingly, claiming that the hand “just flopped out” and that he was “under anesthesia” which is extremely unlikely. Just because the mother was under anesthesia, doesn’t mean the child was, and in fact I have never ever heard of anyone putting an unborn child under anesthesia. Perhaps he tried to for this particular operation, but again I doubt it. An unborn child is quite an unlikely candidate to survive the risks associated with going under, he may have used a local anesthetic, but that wouldn’t have paralyzed him.

The reason the doc probably didn’t want to admit the child reached out on his own was because he probably does perform abortions too, or else is pro-choice, and doesn’t like the way the story has been used.
But who care even if it is a hoax!!

I can show you plenty of pictures of unborn children that aren’t! and those are even better for showing that it is a child!

[quote=mommi2four]so it was a hoax? i’m such a sucker.
[/quote]

No, not quite a hoax. The picture is real, the surgery was real. The people were real. The only real disagreement is what caused that baby’s arm to emerge.

[quote=Christian4life]No, that’s just it, it wasn’t a hoax. Some people claimed it was a hoax. The doctor himself said it wasn’t, although he denied that the child reached out willingly, claiming that the hand “just flopped out” and that he was “under anesthesia” which is extremely unlikely. Just because the mother was under anesthesia, doesn’t mean the child was, and in fact I have never ever heard of anyone putting an unborn child under anesthesia. Perhaps he tried to for this particular operation, but again I doubt it. An unborn child is quite an unlikely candidate to survive the risks associated with going under, he may have used a local anesthetic, but that wouldn’t have paralyzed him.

The reason the doc probably didn’t want to admit the child reached out on his own was because he probably does perform abortions too, or else is pro-choice, and doesn’t like the way the story has been used.
But who care even if it is a hoax!!

I can show you plenty of pictures of unborn children that aren’t! and those are even better for showing that it is a child!
[/quote]

i totally see you point. Funny, my girlfriend went to get those 4d ultrasounds… WOW it wasnt and ultrasound it was a picture… amazing.

Wow, that is a very moving photograph. I think I may send that to my pro-choice brother.

[quote=Christian4life]The reason the doc probably didn’t want to admit the child reached out on his own was because he probably does perform abortions too, or else is pro-choice, and doesn’t like the way the story has been used.

[/quote]

I think this is a tad bit rash of judgement here. The Dr did state that both mother and child were under anestetic. Also peditricians do not perform abortions usually if ever, and most are pro-life.

[quote=mommi2four]so it was a hoax? i’m such a sucker.
[/quote]

No not a hoax, its been confirmed as true. Just that there is 2 sides of the story. But its not the story thats important, its the picture.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.