If we died and went to Heaven, would we immediately have a glorified body?

If you enter the kingdom of Heaven, at the spiritual level, here and now, and remain in the kingdom of Heaven until the last day (your last day) your body will be transformed/resurrected/glorified on the last day (the day you “die”)

So the glorification would have been applied outside of time by Christs redemption? :slight_smile:

I agree.

:thumbsup:

Well, yeah.

Just like “the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.” He didn’t die at the foundation of the world, but in AD31 or 33, but the effect was the same.

ICXC NIKA

Whats your thoughts on body and soul assumed with Mary and glorification. What I’m saying, if we are to agree on all this and a singular act of grace at the IC. Then certainly God knew the ending also. As I read the Assumption, “completely overcame sin by her IC, and as a result she was not subject to the law of remaining in the corruption of the grave, and, she did not have to wait until the end of time for the redemption of her body”

She was allowed not to lose her human body, and was soared the earthworms and the decomposition, etc.

ICXC NIKA

Yes, time doesn’t matter for the application of Grace. It is also the main reason for the Immaculate conception, as Jesus’ grace operated on her mother in a special way, as she was indeed the new arch (this couldn’t get more literal!) but before God the Son was incarnated (IN TIME).

Oh, it may be out of topic, but the glorification also is a grace :rolleyes:

When we die, the soul separates from the body and goes to Heaven, Purgatory or Hell immediately. At the end of the world when Jesus comes again, our bodies, the same ones we have here on earth, will be resurrected and will go wherever our soul is. We already know the body doesn’t go immediately to it’s final destination or we wouldn’t have to have funerals. God Bless, Memaw

I agree.

:thumbsup:
[/quote]

Yes, I think that was quite comprehensive, for those who see the kingdom of God :wink:

“Listen, I’m telling you a secret: All of us won’t die, but we will all be changed— in an instant, in the blink of an eye, at the final trumpet.”(1 Corinthians 15:51)

“Favored and holy are those who have a share in the first resurrection. The second death has no power over them, but they will be priests of God and of Christ, and will rule with him” (Revelation 20:6)

“God raised us up and seated us in the heavens with Christ Jesus” (Ephesians 2:6)

“The one who conquers, I will grant him to sit with me on my throne, as I also conquered and sat down with my Father on his throne.” (Revelation 3:21)

Some of us are in heaven right now and co-rulers with Christ.

Beautiful, we believe this in our heart, the rest will come easier.

Also aside from the dogmas reading for example from Pope Leo XIII to today with the encyclicals is profound. For example Pope Pius X

google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CB0QFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.vatican.va%2Fholy_father%2Fpius_x%2Fencyclicals%2Fdocuments%2Fhf_p-x_enc_02021904_ad-diem-illum-laetissimum_en.html&ei=f6CpU5LeF4L08AH6oIHwAg&usg=AFQjCNFndwBZcWCV_Ufu9BoxnvvEt50XaA

I’m not sure I understand your theory here. If your theory holds true, then immediately after the ‘Particular Judgement’, the soul is reunited to the body in the ‘General Judgement’, when all of humanity is to be judged, and the body is either rewarded with the soul or punished with the soul. Now, the major problem with this theory is how the saints intercede for us on earth if everyone gets their body back immediately after death, because with your view, it seems that after we die, everyone who is destined to heaven should already be there, past, present and future. The body cannot be restored and glorified until the ‘General Judgement.’

Theologians also discuss how even though the soul yearns to reunite with the body, they are still totally happy because they are united to God in the Beatific Vision, even though an essential part of their humanity is missing. Now, if the soul is reunited with the body immediately after death, how does this make sense?

So, there must be some perception of time to the disembodied soul between the death of the body, and the reunion of the soul with the body, or it wouldn’t make sense for the saints to pray for us. Nor would the soul be said to be joyful in that intermittent time.

I’m pretty sure Jesus was trying to show Himself in glory, in order to give the 3 (I think it was only 3 of the apostles that accompanied him), the courage to endure the trials ahead, AS WELL as showing them how their bodies would conform to his.

And as for Moses and Elijah, I believe the souls of Moses and Elijah probably just took the form of their bodies, so that the apostles would recognize them. (I think that our souls probably look a lot like ourselves in body, even though we don’t have physical bodies yet.)

Again, my issue with this kind of instantaneous theory is the question of how the Communion of Saints operates, if everyone who was going to Heaven was already there.

We cannot wrap our timebound heads around a timeless life and body!

ICXC NIKA !

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.