If you are Catholic you must be Pro-Gay: Proof From Magisterium

The “Catechism of the Catholic Church” which John Paul II called a reference (guide?) for Catholic doctrine, states:

“[Homosexuals] must be accepted with respect, compassion, and sensitivity”

Now, while it is true the same source says homosexual acts must not be approved of; notwithstanding, Catholics are forbidden by the authority of this source from refusing to accept anyone who engages in these acts. Therefore, according to the Catechism, a Catholic violates his religious obligation if he ever dares refuse to “accept” a person who voluntarily engages in these acts; and, not only that, he must accept him or her with “respect, compassion and sensitivity”.

Therefore, homosexuality can be practiced by any Catholic (or anyone on Earth) with impunity; for, by virtue of the inclination or the practice, no Catholic may refuse to accept such a person. Not only that, they “must” be accepted with “respect, compassion and sensitivity”.

Therefore, the Catholic Church believes and enforces on all its members the absolute acceptance of homosexuality.

Hence, I might add, the statements of Pope Francis about never judging someone with a homosexual inclination [and hence “Brother JReducation” saying the Church is not opposed to homosexuality]. Homosexuality, therefore, is accepted by the Catholic Church and there can be no possible repercussions for engaging in it; for, even if someone does, by virtue of doing so they MUST be accepted by Catholics.

Indeed, homosexuals are the only people on Earth explicitly stated by the modern Catechism that a Catholic “must accept” as such; and, moreover, with “sensitivity, respect and compassion”. There is no exception.

Therefore, Catholics are obliged to accept homosexual acts and behaviour and must “accept” anyone and everyone who engages in them by virtue of their engaging in them.

Consequently, the passport to acceptance by Catholics with “respect, sensitivity and compassion” is indulging in homosexual acts and behaviour. I.e., if you practice homosexuality every Catholic - Pope to layman - “must”, in virtue of that fact, “accept” you.

Therefore the Catholic Church is Pro-Gay.

You are confusing accepting a person with accepting his actions. Homosexual acts are mortal sins and will never be accepted by the Catholic Church. Same sex orientated persons are created in the image and likeness of God and are accepted by the Church. Murder is also a mortal sin and will never be accepted by the Catholic Church. Murders are created in the image and likeness of God, as are all human beings, and are accepted by the Church. THEREFORE YOUR CONCLUSIONS ARE WRONG.

Nope.

Homosexual acts are deeply disordered. God loves all individuals, those who sin and those who abstain from sin. “Acceptance” of homosexual persons does not mean acceptance of immoral acts.

Sorry, I’m not even Catholic myself, but this strikes me as either trolling or just really, really rude. How on earth do you get “homosexuality can be practiced by any Catholic (or anyone on Earth) with impunity” out of “[Homosexuals] must be accepted with respect, compassion, and sensitivity”? :confused:

Therefore, homosexuality can be practiced by any Catholic (or anyone on Earth) with impunity; for, by virtue of the inclination or the practice, no Catholic may refuse to accept such a person. Not only that, they “must” be accepted with “respect, compassion and sensitivity”.

Therefore, the Catholic Church believes and enforces on all its members the absolute acceptance of homosexuality.

Therefore, Catholics are obliged to accept homosexual acts and behaviour and must “accept” anyone and everyone who engages in them by virtue of their engaging in them.

Consequently, the passport to acceptance by Catholics with “respect, sensitivity and compassion” is indulging in homosexual acts and behaviour. I.e., if you practice homosexuality every Catholic - Pope to layman - “must”, in virtue of that fact, “accept” you.

Therefore the Catholic Church is Pro-Gay.

Now you are just being silly and you know it.

“Therefore, homosexuality can be practiced by any Catholic (or anyone on Earth) with impunity; for, by virtue of the inclination or the practice, no Catholic may refuse to accept such a person”

This conclusion is wrong and does not derive logically from “accepting” the person of the homosexual, as another wise post pointed out.
Catholic teaching , which you skim over so blithely, is that the homosexual act is deviant and unnatural and inherently wrong. You know that and no casuistry on your part will convince anyone.
Why do you waste your time on this thread?

sensitivity, respect and compassion" … words that are absolutely foreign to fundamentalists, not so in the Catholic Church and for that I say good on you!! The world could do with a little more sensitivity, respect and compassion and far less fundamentalism.

Pretzel logic.

This reminds me of the fallacy which follows the thought process of, “Sam likes brown. Cows are brown. Therefore, Sam likes cows.”

“Catholics treat people with respect. Some people are homosexual. Therefore, Catholics accept the act of homosexuality.”

It just doesn’t work.

:thumbsup:

Oh my goodness---- you could not be more wrong in your (mis)understanding of Catholic teaching!

I think you either woke and went crazy or you are trolling. What that little statement means is that if a person has a attraction to men we are to treat him the same we would any other human being. That statement is saying we can’t look down upon them. However we do not approve of their sin and we are obligated to speak out agaisnt it.

We are supposed to treat bank robbers, murderers, rapists, etc with respect and dignity, but that sure doesn’t mean we are to condone their actions!

Fundamentalist trolling… don’t engage.

(Sigh) It’s stuff like this that makes me wish logic and debate were part of the basic curriculum of public education, starting in elementary school.

I’m going to quote you, while adding emphasis to a certain part of your argument.

Can you spot the problem in your argument yet?

I’ve reported it.

KyrieEleison is exploiting the ambiguity that exists when we try to separate a person from their behaviour. Or the ambiguity of trying to separate intent (mind) from action (body).

Homosexual - Homosexuality
Liar - Dishonesty
Rapist - Rape
Idiot - Stupidity.
Homophobe - Homophobia
Pedophile clergy - Pedophilia

We can quite openly say we hate homophobia. And accusing someone of being a homophobe, if they actually ARE homophobic, poses no problem in public Internet fora like this place.

But if we say we hate homosexual ‘behaviour’ - homosexuality - we are crossing the line of ambiguity and such a comment automatically becomes an inflammatory personal attack on the homosexual to whom we may be speaking.

I can say I hate ‘dishonesty’ but I can’t call a dishonest person a liar because that’s a personal attack.

Obesity is deplorable but don’t call someone ‘fat’ even if its the truth.

If we are to honesty and charitably accept the homosexual as the person they really are, then that means warts and all. If they identify themselves as inseparable from their homosexuality, then we can’t love half the person. Our love can’t be partial and conditional.

Isn’t that right KyrieEleison? :eek:

Except…

“[Homosexuals] must be accepted with respect, compassion, and sensitivity”

This does NOT preclude us from respecting homosexuals more than they respect themselves. We can and must respect them enough to help them turn away from their own error. We must be compassionate enough to tell them that the wages of sin is death. We must be sensitive enough to understand their slavery to sexual hedonism and know that they need our loving intervention.

We must be compassionate to the sinner in the same way that a surgeon is compassionate to the person whose life they are saving using a scalpel.

All men are mortal.
Socrates was mortal.
Therefore, all men are Socrates.
–Woody Allen

The way I understand the OP’s argument, not only ought we accept homosexual acts, we better start acting on it…or else…:eek:

All Cretans are liars.
I am a liar.
Therefore, I’m a Cretan. I can safely torch my Indian passport. :slight_smile:

(Oh wait - I was lying all along.) :smiley:

:thumbsup: Great post, Lion. Eminently quotable.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.