If you are not Catholic what brings you to Catholic.com?

I always like to know why different faiths come to the Catholic forums :slight_smile:

I’m not Catholic, but I was Catholic. Twice, lol. :smiley:

I enjoy discussing different spiritual paths.

[quote="ebonykawai, post:2, topic:292916"]
I'm not Catholic, but I was Catholic. Twice, lol. :D

I enjoy discussing different spiritual paths.

[/quote]

That is cool

A little twist---was raised as a Protestant---became a Catholic in 1986. Drifted and left the Church (or so I thought) in 2002 and returned joyfully to the Catholic Church and finally feeling fulfilled in 2009 (never to leave again)---it's all a very long story but let's just say that Catholic Answers radio and this website played a BIG role in me returning to the Christ's Church (as well as most of my family--and I pray that one of my son's who is still holding out--but moving closer, I think, will return soon too.)

I would ditto that. I was raised catholic, went to catholic school for 13 years, and understand the catholic religion (or atleast the basics). I also wouldn’t mind to dispel the nasty rumor we worship the devil. I couldn’t care less if other people are Wiccan, I just don’t like them saying I worship the ultimate evil. Hopefully I can enlighten people on what we actualy do.

Plus you guys are generally good natured and the most reasonable Christian denomination I know.

[quote="Hunter24, post:5, topic:292916"]
I would ditto that. I was raised catholic, went to catholic school for 13 years, and understand the catholic religion (or atleast the basics). I also wouldn't mind to dispel the nasty rumor we worship the devil. I couldn't care less if other people are Wiccan, I just don't like them saying I worship the ultimate evil. Hopefully I can enlighten people on what we actualy do.

Plus you guys are generally good natured and the most reasonable Christian denomination I know.

[/quote]

It has been a theory of mine since I converted that if one wanted to be Christian their only option if they really wanted to be on the safe side would be to be Catholic. Otherwise you have to take on faith that a man made sect got it right with their interpretation of the bible.

Not to hijack the thread or anything.

It has been a theory of mine since I converted that if one wanted to be Christian their only option if they really wanted to be on the safe side would be to be Catholic. Otherwise you have to take on faith that a man made sect got it right with their interpretation of the bible.

I find it really interesting that the majority of Protestant denominations don't claim they are the True Way. It seems like a lack of conviction (or maybe I'm just arrogant:thumbsup:).
It even funnier when they don't know they are correct but they tell me that for certain, I am wrong.

Because some of us wrestle with the faith -It is discouraging when one gets nasty responses to questions-the Episcopals and the Lutherans share much with the Roman Church-the Old Catholics also (and valid orders)-we look for answers not arguements:cool:

[quote="ccmnxc, post:7, topic:292916"]
Not to hijack the thread or anything.

I find it really interesting that the majority of Protestant denominations don't claim they are the True Way. It seems like a lack of conviction (or maybe I'm just arrogant:thumbsup:).
It even funnier when they don't know they are correct but they tell me that for certain, I am wrong.

[/quote]

FANTASTIC post. I started a thread just like this 2 or 3 months (maybe less) ago. :popcorn:

I was born and raised catholic but CAF feels like home.:shrug::whacky:

I would ditto that. I was raised catholic, went to catholic school for 13 years, and understand the catholic religion (or atleast the basics). I also wouldn't mind to dispel the nasty rumor we worship the devil. I couldn't care less if other people are Wiccan, I just don't like them saying I worship the ultimate evil. Hopefully I can enlighten people on what we actualy do.

[/quote]

Glad to see you here! I know there are a few Wiccans on my campus but real life makes it difficult to broach the topic of religion.

[quote="onjac, post:11, topic:292916"]
Glad to see you here! I know there are a few Wiccans on my campus but real life makes it difficult to broach the topic of religion.

[/quote]

Indeed, I give them credit though, alot of wiccans stay in the closet even at college. I personally don't tell anyone unless they ask, if you do you can get anything from awkward looks to a firey sermon. That isn't as common with catholics though, you guys actualy have relationships with other world religions, I have nothing but respect for John Paul II and what he did to foster inter-religious Discusion.

[quote="Rhuarc, post:6, topic:292916"]

[/quote]

I would agree, if you look at christianity objectively, Catholicism and the Orthodox get it right. I had to take apologetics as a senior, and even though I don't beleave the stuff It obviouse that from a Christian standpoint the catholic church would be most in line with the Jesus teachings.

[/quote]

Basically this, except replace the word Wiccan with Pagan.
Oh, and I only spent eight years in a Catholic school (went to a public high school like my brothers).

I wanted to get my questions answered and I realized I had a real interest in Catholicism. So I came here to learn more about it, and I'm so happy I did! God has led me here to learn & show me the truth! I plan on converting once I'm out of my parents house & in college! Since I can't attend Mass, I watch it online! :D

To learn more about Catholicism, correct the occasional misconceptions about Lutheranism, and good Christian dialogue. And frankly, this forum is generally more charitable than some others online.

Jon

Komeeks—prayers for you!!!

[/quote]

Just wondering, but don't Wiccans practice Magic?

[quote="JonNC, post:16, topic:292916"]
To learn more about Catholicism, correct the occasional misconceptions about Lutheranism, and good Christian dialogue. And frankly, this forum is generally more charitable than some others online.

[/quote]

I'll second that. I probably spend more time on CAF than on any other forum. I enjoy the discussions and manage to learn something in the process.

[quote="Bballer32, post:18, topic:292916"]
Just wondering, but don't Wiccans practice Magic?

[/quote]

Nearly all do, however it is not required. I almost never do (although I have read heavily into it just incase the need arises). I've read to much Robert E. Howard to ever use magic for something I'm capable of doing myself.

Most (but not neccisarily all) of us will not cast a spell directed to harm anyone because it comes back at you 3 times stronger.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.