If You Could Add Another Mystery to the Rosary, Which One You You Like to Add?

This is just to hear the opinions of people about this.

Good question. I would love to add 5 decades that each revolve around one of Jesus’ healing miracles. There’s so much to contemplate in them.

4 Likes

Acts.particularly Paul becoming an apostle and Jesus handing overkeys to Peter.

I love Acts

1 Like

Great question!

The trial before Pilate.

Having worked in the court system for three decades, the trial always fascinated me. Here was an innocent man - God in the Flesh - tried by a conflicted and weak judge who would rather have done the right thing, but caved in to the crowds. Yet, even though Jesus was sinless, Pilate would have had Him scourged anyway - for the crime of bothering the procurator. But, he publicly washed his hands - potentially the only thing that might have lead to his redemption. I love to ponder this, as it juxtaposes justice with the greatest injustice ever committed.

Truthfully, I tend to combine the scourging and crowning as one mystery after the trial.

3 Likes

Some years back when Saint John Paul 2 was Pope, I had the blessing of attending Vespers in the Byzantine tradition on Saturdays. I loved the baptism of Jesus by John in the Jordan, and the Transfiguration of the Lord. Beautiful feasts to be celebrated at Vespers. Then there was the Last Supper.

I was absolutely blown away to hear of the Luminous Mysteries when they were announced.

One line of Vespers that I always remembered was the baptism of Jesus, when He approached the Jordan river, the ‘waters were afraid! to see their Creator!’ Incredible moment in the history of the world. The revelation of the Holy Trinity, the voice of the Father, the descent of the Dove, and the Son of God, all before John the Baptist, who was sanctified in his mother’s womb many years before.

1 Like

The Brigettine rosary contains the Last Judgment. I think that’s a good one to add

4 Likes

I could see a whole set of decades based on the spread of the gospel,

The Martyrdom of Stephen.
Peter visits Cornelius
The Conversion of Saul
The Council of Jerusalem
Paul’s Missionary Journeys.

2 Likes

Jesus imprisoned the night before He died. My favorite “place to go to be with Jesus” in my heart.

2 Likes

Actually, since the Rosary is a private prayer we can meditate on whatever scriptures we want to.

I have a small pamphlet of “The Eucharistic Mysteries” which I have prayed with friends.

There was another one I recall that I saw on the internet many years ago…I think it was about the end times.

That is so good to know …thank u!¡

Yes. How someone asked Paul to hold St. Stephans coat so he can be stoned to Paul being one of Jesus apostles is a amazing and a sign for all

Amen, I say to you, wherever the gospel is proclaimed to the whole world, what she has done will be told in memory of her.

Jesus said this when a woman anointed him. It seems like we should tell what she has done, to help us spread the gospel.

Call me old fashioned, but I love the Rosary just the way It was originally. Joyful, Sorrowful and Glorious. IMHO, it can never, ever be improved upon. But YMMV.

1 Like

Somewhere once I read a proposed set of mysteries that were centered on the Eucharist. The first one focused on Mana in the wilderness, they were so beautiful. Wish I could find them again for my own meditation.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.