If You Could List Only One Reason to Believe in Roman Catholicism

…what would it be?

Truth

Because Jesus SAID SO!!

The Eucharist.

These are the three reasons I give when anyone asks me why I think they should be Catholic:

1. The Eucharist
  2. The Eucharist
  3. The Eucharist

God Bless,
RyanL

The miracles.

[quote=clarkal]…what would it be?
[/quote]

Christ - present in the Blessed Sacrament. However that includes more than “Roman or Latin” Catholicism.

Yes, I would have to agree it is Truth, but you must drop Roman from your question as I do not follow “Roman” Catholicism. I am a Catholic.

Definitely truth. The Catholic Church has the whole truth, not just parts of it.

PF

I agree, Truth.

Just to clarify what ByzCath said for the OP, there are various rites in the Catholic Church (same truth, different way of going about things in some instances due to culture or custom). The Roman rite is the biggest and common usage has made it the umbrella term that non-Catholics use to describe the whole Catholic Church–but this is technically a mistake.

Jesus.

There are all the Eastern Rite Catholics who are also as Catholic as the Roman or Latin Rite Catholics. Like Pope John Paul II said we are a church that breathes with two lungs.

Because we were all CALLED!

It is so simple.

Peace, out

[quote=ByzCath]Yes, I would have to agree it is Truth, but you must drop Roman from your question as I do not follow “Roman” Catholicism. I am a Catholic.
[/quote]

:amen:
It’s not good to exclude us EASTERN Catholics…just Catholic is fine.

Reason to follow “Catholicism"
It’s the Church Jesus Christ founded”!
:amen:

Apostolistic succession

the feeling that comes over me when Fr. James places
the host on my hand…

:slight_smile:

Because Jesus said “Follow me.” :slight_smile:

It’s supported by the historical facts.

As a convert, for me it came down to authority. Who has it and who doesn’t and why. :wink:

Perhaps I misinterpreted him-I thought he meant name the one thing that makes you believe in the CC. Wanna clarify for me, OP?

Because she is His Body, His Bride, His Church. None other qualifies. If Truth matters, then being Catholic matters.
:thumbsup:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.