If you could say a prayer or two that would be much appriciated

I really hate asking people to pray for myself but I honestly dont think I have any other choice. Put simply, I have fallen away from the church and God and need prayers helping me find my way back. If you would like more details I dont mind sharing them at all but I dont think im supposed to put it in here so just message me :slight_smile:

Praying for you from today’s Liturgy of the Hours:

Psalm 42 (43)
Longing for the temple

Lord, send forth your light and your truth.
Vindicate me, Lord:
judge my case against an unholy nation,
rescue me from betrayers, from the wicked.
For you are the God of my refuge;
why have you rejected me?
why must I suffer while my enemies torment me?

Send forth your light and your truth;
let them lead me away,
let them lead me up your holy mountain,
up to your sanctuary.
I shall go in to the altar of God,
to the God of my gladness and joy.
I will sing out to you on the lyre,
O God, my God.

Why are you so sad, my soul,
and anxious within me?
Put your hope in the Lord, I will praise him still,
my saviour and my God.

Glory be to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit,
as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be,
world without end.
Amen.

Lord, send forth your light and your truth.

I noticed another thread and it was more detailed so I guess thats ok so here it goes…

I used to be a good catholic, went to daily mass, prayed the Rosary, prayed a few times a day, went to the seminary. I decerned out of the seminary with the help of God and St. Theresa (the little flower) and everything was good. I feel in love later and planned on marrying this woman. I went home one weekend and bought an engagement ring and came back, had supper with her and she started talking about taking a “break”. I paniced and proposed 2 months sooner than I had planned on, she didnt know what to say. The next day we where over and she refused to even speak to me. That sucked to say the least. Time went on and my heart didnt heal, I started spiraling down in a pit of depression. Thought about killing myself all the time, even had a belt around my neck on night. I couldnt do it, my cousin says its because I still have hope in something. I was pissed off at God for everything that happened and so I gave up on him and was letting the devil pull me farther and farther down. I found out not to long ago that my girlfriend was most likely cheating on me while we were dating. So i guess its a good thing we didnt get married but it makes me feel even worse and myself esteem is about as low as it can be. I feel like Im unlovable and **** like that. I know its not true but I cant stop feeling like that. I finally realize that I need to find my way back to God and the church and here is my cry for help to do so. So any prayers you could offer up would be great and greatly appreciated. O and one more thing, because of everything that has happened I find it extremely hard to trust people, expecially women (no offense). I was told after the fact that I should never put my emotions into a relationship with another woman because they will just play with your emotions and toy with them till they get tired of it then move on. So needless to say the best thing and hardest thing for me right now I think is to find a good friend that is a women and maybe get some kind of trust back because not all women are the same, right?

There’s one woman you can trust, the Mother of God:

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Praying for the Holy Spirit to guide you. All women aren’t like that. I’ve been married to a good woman for over 48 years. They are out there, I hope you find one.

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen.

I will include you in my Divine Mercy Chaplet and Rosary today.

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen.

Never feel guilty for asking us to pray for you, and if anyone tries to make you feel guilty, shame on them.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen

I want to thank you all for your prayers, it really helps just knowing that someone out there cares. Thank you all!

rjamieson, just as those who have spoken before me, I shall keep you in my prayers, and yes there ARE women you can trust. There are many women you can trust on this website.We are truly concerned for one another’s best interest here at CAF. God Bless and be at peace rjamieson.
mary1173

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.