If you died today...

If you died today, you you go to heaven or [font=Courier New][size=5]the fiery furnace of eternal[/size][/font]
[font=Courier New][size=5][size=7][size=5] [/size][/size][/size]!DOOM ![/font]

Imeant purgatory, just went to church

Your question is confusing. Are you asking if I believe that there is only heaven and hell, but no purgatory; or are you asking if it’s just purgatory (I’ve never heard of that one); or are you asking if I think I’ll go straight to heaven, or hell, or purgatory, if I died today? Also, do you understand that everyone who goes to purgatory does go to heaven?

Maybe you could re-phrase your question.

YES if you would go to HeavenNo if you would go to hell
Purgatory if you would goto purgatory

Okkkk

[quote=Cormier6083]YES if you would go to HeavenNo if you would go to hell
Purgatory if you would goto purgatory

Okkkk
[/quote]

You are assuming something that is not true, which is why your question is confusing. You are assuming that purgatory is a place that is unconnected to either heaven or hell.

Purgatory is a part of heaven. Which is why any good Catholic may say with confidence that he would go to heaven, purgatory being a part of heaven not a place we go INSTEAD of heaven or hell.

[quote=Della]You are assuming something that is not true, which is why your question is confusing. You are assuming that purgatory is a place that is unconnected to either heaven or hell.

Purgatory is a part of heaven. Which is why any good Catholic may say with confidence that he would go to heaven, purgatory being a part of heaven not a place we go INSTEAD of heaven or hell.
[/quote]

Yes i know and i amnot assuming that. I am just asking where would you go first directly to heaven or heaven through purgatory

You still haven’t cleared things up. A person who checks the “purgatory” box also gets to check the “heaven” box, since that’s where they’re going (eventually). Here’s a suggestion: make your choices “straight to heaven”; “purgatory first, then heaven”, and “hell”. That is more clear.

With those questions, by the way, I would answer “purgatory first, then heaven”. I think I would have to be a Mother Theresa or John Paul ll to go straight to heaven—and those two were so humble and aware of their littleness before God that they would never, ever have claimed such an honor for themselves.

[quote=Cormier6083]Yes i know and i amnot assuming that. I am just asking where would you go first directly to heaven or heaven through purgatory
[/quote]

Most devout Catholics would say purgatory out of humility and their own knowledge of their own sinful natures. But, many of these do go directly to heaven because they are so humble and do realize that without God they are nothing and have always acted on that idea. They were people of love and truth, which is what God’s revelation to man is all about, isn’t it?

I AM ASKING WHERE WOULD YOU GO TO FIRST NOT WHERE YOUWOULD GO TO AFTER THAT

THANK YOU FOR CONFUSING EVEN MYSELF

I believe I would probably go to Hell unless God was really merciful on me. I am not a Catholic yet and won’t be until March next year (if all goes well).

I can’t change the poll SORRY

I know i have some temporal punishment due, a lot of it in fact. But as for ultmate ends, i hope and pray for heaven

Ok, I understand that you can’t change the poll—but do me a favor: stop using the big font and all caps. It’s the written equivalent of shouting, and is very distracting as well as a bit rude (it also hurts your credibility, as it makes you appear to be frantic and unbalanced).

[quote=Cormier6083]I AM ASKING WHERE WOULD YOU GO TO FIRST NOT WHERE YOUWOULD GO TO AFTER THAT

THANK YOU FOR CONFUSING EVEN MYSELF
[/quote]

If you wanted to be clear about that it might have helped us all if you would not have been confusing yourself to begin with. :whacky: :love:

[quote=Sherlock]Ok, I understand that you can’t change the poll—but do me a favor: stop using the big font and all caps. It’s the written equivalent of shouting, and is very distracting as well as a bit rude (it also hurts your credibility, as it makes you appear to be frantic and unbalanced).
[/quote]

Well monsieur Sherlock, moi et explique tout le pour explique et toi et pas a arret pour le ca chois. OK

[quote=Shinobu]I believe I would probably go to Hell unless God was really merciful on me. I am not a Catholic yet and won’t be until March next year (if all goes well).
[/quote]

No, not true! :smiley: If you have already been properly baptized as the Church requires, you need have no fear on that account. If you haven’t been baptized, the Church recognizes your desire to be baptized which is called “baptism of desire” and would count as a true baptism in God’s eyes.

[quote=Della]If you wanted to be clear about that it might have helped us all if you would not have been confusing yourself to begin with. :whacky: :love:
[/quote]

Well madame Della , moi et explique tout le pour explique et toi et pas a arret pour
ca chois. OK

[quote=Cormier6083]Well madame Della , moi et explique tout le pour explique et toi et pas a arret pour le ca chois. OK
[/quote]

Dieu vous bénissent, aussi.

[quote=Della]Dieu vous bénissent, aussi.
[/quote]

Merci Becoup madame

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.