If you saw your Guardian Angel

…Would you like him to gently help you through the day or to give you angry eyes and folded wings when you are about to sin?

I seem to recall St Therese of Avila was told off by her Guardian Angel.

1 Like

I believe I saw my Guardian Angel, 20 years ago. I was in a car crash on a motorway in England as a passenger. We were in the fast lane travelling very fast and crashed into the central reservation. I was confused, but suddenly there was a man in a blue and white check shirt with dark hair. He said, “come with me”. So I left the car and ran over the motorway with him. When we got to the roadside the man was gone and another car crashed at 90mph into the car I was in. The driver was ok, absolutely, but I can’t remember how he got out. PS. The man in the shirt was absolutely gone.

15 Likes

I don’t see Angels as cute cherubs. I see them as large impressive powerful beings that would put me in awe. I would think they are absolutely beautiful. I don’t think I’d want to make my Guardian Angel angry. I would want to make my Guardian Angel smile. I KNOW I make my Guardian Angel work overtime. LOL!

6 Likes

I wouldn’t be a bit surprised if my Guardian Angel wasn’t mostly chuckling and looking exasperated all at the same time.

My guardian angel is awesome.

5 Likes

They’re patient, but they know we’re still learning

4 Likes

I would want both. Let him guide me and let him chide me.

3 Likes

My guardian angel is probably mad at me because I sin a lot. (I need to change that). I would want him to help me out gently throughout the day but also give me angry eyes and folded wings when I’m about to sin.

5 Likes

The closest I came was when I was supposed to pick up my wife from her school to take her to our children’s school for a parents meeting. I automatically went to the children’s school out of habit and suddenly felt like somebody nudged me in the side at which point I was alert and realised I was on the other side of the town and had three minutes to get to my wife.

I remember praying all the way and I have never known before or after to get from one side of town to the other so quickly with all green lights and a car moving out of my way on the roundabout.

I made it to her and back to our children’s school before their bell went.

4 Likes

We humans dont have gaurdian angels its mocking to think angels would waste their time on watching us humans sin. They have far more important tasks.

You are very wrong.

6 Likes

This is wrong.

You are created in the Image of God.
Many saints have spoken about their guardian angels. For instance, St Padre Pio is known to have chided his guardian angel for not being quick enough when he was attacked (as in physically attacked) by demons, for instance.

Every person has a guardian angel. I believe this is Church teaching. If you are just wasting time then this is something to work on.

2 Likes

original

My Guardian Angel at the close of the day.
t2715 Thanks so much, as always!!

11 Likes

Yes I’m afraid mine would look like this as well many days.

3 Likes

I call my Guardian Angel “Dennis” after this:

Yup, that’s Dennis Leary from a forgettable movie called The Ref but I liked his attitude

Although I think this is portraying St. Michael I’d hope mine would look something like this-----no nonsense .

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/67/0d/77/670d77715332028a52072c6708e89290.jpg

5 Likes

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/23/47/10/2347100274106cffae57a013f6e8f289.jpg

5 Likes

imagehttps://i.pinimg.com/564x/fe/77/b2/fe77b28389ac1472cf3d452d319f4b55.jpg

3 Likes

The only thing more important than humanity is the worship of God to the angels. It would be a privilege to look after God’s greatest creation.

1 Like

How sad that you don’t even acknowledge your own Guardian Angel. But that’s ok he is still watching out for you and keeping you in his protection. All I know is I am VERY THANKFUL to the Lord for giving a Guardian Angel to myself, our sons, my husband and all of those I love. I know when their Guardian Angel watches over them they are in the best care possible.

2 Likes

Keeping us from sin is an important task.
God’s Angels love the children of Adam because we also are God’s creation.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.