If you were meeting with the Pope next week, what question(s) would you pose to him?

I would ask him how much hard drive space the Vatican computer has that holds all the names of every protestant in the world…

Then, I would ask him how I can get i touch with the Jesuit ‘Cleansers’ so that they can remove certain less than desirable pastors in my area…

Then… I would ask him how can we get the bible back under lock and key so that we can control the masses…

Sorry… i jest :smiley:

seriously…

I wouldn’t ask anything, but thank him for his guidance…

In Christ

I would ask him a question about why he doesn’t see something the way I do and ask him to explain. Then I would stop him before he could respond and defer to his authority because he is the pope. I don’t pretend to have any insight that the pope doesn’t have. Unless our Holy Father asked for my opinion, I would never give it. However, in the hypothetical given, I would ask the pope how to refute Sola Scriptura in the most concise and effective way possible. I would ask for his support, I would not challenge him. Have a great day!

God Bless,

YACatholic:thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

Food for thought, and it is best not to start an arguement on this thread, but the Church has spoken on the matter, has it not occurred to you that God is the One guiding the Church to the decision? If you start a new thread on the subject, there are indeed very powerful arguments against female priests.

If I were allowed to ask the Pope a question, I think I would just ask him to start talking whichever mystery of the faith he is most passionate about. Then I would just sit back and listen. Be it the Trinity, the Eucharist, the Incarnation, etc, I’m sure that it would be fascinating to hear what he would have to say.

Which boils down to:

“I would tell him exactly how the Church oughtta be, then ask him why he was laughing.”

How hard it is to obey a God we can’t see when we find it so difficult to obey the shepherd He’s appointed whom we CAN see.

Do you realize what it is that you are saying? The Church has already declared infallibly that only men can be priests. If you say it is an evil, are you not saying that you do not believe in the the infallible pronouncements of the Magisterium?

Can you then call yourself Catholic? We are not free to cherry-pick our faith. I left Protestantism partly because of this very issue.

And my question is, why?

The Pope certainly has the power to command – things like celebacy of the priesthood and abstaining from meat on certain days are commands of the Church.

If every priest and bishop had to spend one day a year praying the rosary at an abortion clinic – and brought their flocks with them – it would have a dramatic impact, both on the Church and on the nation.

If we saw Catholic schools for what they are – both seedbeds for the Church and the only true Social Justice program we have (that is, by educating the children we change and improve society) we would be moving heaven and earth to expand our Catholic school system, not letting it die on the vine.

Every child deserves a first class education. But few get it – a recent study showed the combined highschool dropout rate for our 50 largest cities approaches 50%.

Want to end poverty, take a bite out of crime, strengthen our ecomomy, and generally make life better? Educate those children!

I would ask him:

Papa, would you like me to make you something to eat? And, do you like honey in your tea?

That was beautiful… it brought tears to my eyes…that someone actually thought of the pope before themselves!

Am I Catholic?

“Wanna go bowling, Your Holiness?”

– Mark L. Chance.

Juat curious why ask a question that already has been answered forever?

I would ask him if the ‘mediatrix of all graces’ is dogma. I know what peoples opinion on this forum is but I would like to know what the view of the pope is.

Why are you harboring criminals?

Because of the past!!!

Ill tar ever Pope with this brush from the past until the second coming of Christ… they…we… are all HUMAN!

A Pope can be wrong. Ranging from a simple well meaning mistake to just …welll… plain dodgyness.

Past “errors” should show that things can go off kilter. Im not going to drag them up, we all know them. Obey God! Listen to the Pope, but let a honest conscience sift right from wrong.
God speaks to you in the silence.

Anywho, as a previous poster stated… lets keep this topic for another more suitable thread. Otherwise it could well highjack this topic, brilliant though it is.

Another topic I’d love to here the Pope talk on is the Eucharist. Its nature, reasons for and against other view points, protestant or otherwise…

oOOoopps I just opened the Infallable debate…

AARGGHHHhHHh

Your holiness, do you prefer Red Lobster or Fusion Japanese Habatchi?
Sorry, no German cusine down here in West Virginia.
:smiley:

Ahh, the conceit that the present is somehow superior to the past, married to the conceit that we can judge the past more wisely than the present or future.

Hold the present to the standards of the past and it is we who will be judged wanting, particularly when the past we refer to is the Apostolic Age.

I would ask the Pope, that poor human Vicar of Christ on Earth, how to deal with the overwhelming arrogance of this secular age, where every man and woman believes themselves to be Pope, prophet, or Paraclete.

Why can’t we have a uniform age established for reception of sacraments of initiation, and why should it not be, for infants, asap after birth, and for all, at the same time as baptism? If you don’t plan to change the disparity in different countries in different dioceses of the same country, can you please help us poor DREs explain the disparity to parents on theological grounds? Can we please get a uniform theology of confirmation? we would of course be sampling the beer at the Hofbrau House as we discussed the matter.

The curse of the modern age is the distain we have for any hint of the word ‘authority’.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.