If you're being called, try this

Hey for those of you who MAY BE called, try taking this free test to see…[/font]:thumbsup:

[quote=Paris Blues]Hey for those of you who MAY BE called, try taking this free test to see…[/font]:thumbsup:
[/quote]

Recently, our Archdiocese (Galveston-Houston) began a campaign for an increase in Vocations to the priesthood and religious life. As part of our parish’s vocations delegation, I was required to meet with a priest and interview him. The questions were standard for everyone, so every priest or seminarian was asked the same questions.

I chose an older priest, because I feel very close to him. He is the best confessor I’ve ever had. He didn’t want to do it because he felt he was “too old” and that “Today’s Church” doesn’t want any more like him. I insisted and he reluctantly agreed.

The thing that I found most important is how we treat a call to vocations today vs. in “the old days.”

“Today,” he said, “People often ask, ‘am I called, am I called, am I called.’ Well, you’ll never know until you go to the seminary and find out.”

Back in the old days, he said if you even had an inkling that you were called to a vocation, you entered the seminary, and it was there that you found out!

So, I’d take his advice…If you even think you are called, go to the seminary! The worst thing that can happen is you’d find out that you aren’t called.

I took the short test. :slight_smile:

closed #4

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.