If you're not born-again you're not going to Heaven??

some people believe this…

i don’t really know what i believe on this … but i do believe a person has to go through a serious change to get into Heaven…

comments?

I think that if you strayed away from your faith, you need to come back to it. Some people can just jump back into their previous faith/religion, but others need to be “born-again”… I know some religions will even re-baptize people… But that is not allowed in the Catholic Church, and I agree with that.

i probably should have said “spirit filled” but everyone recognizes “born again”…

anyway, i know that we are supposed to be born of Water and Spirit… (baptism)… but if that was all that was required, Jesus wouldn’t have said that its hard to get to Heaven…

(st mt 7:13, 20, St Lk 13:24)

i kind of also wonder how many Cahtolics have been through this kind of experience??

hmm… wish i knew how to do a poll… someone told me once but i forgot… :banghead::doh2::whacky:

Read John chapter three. Being born again, is to be born from above, born of the spirit, born of God, etc…

To be born this way, you need to get in touch with your ability to love. Love is what you will be thinking about, should you ever be reborn of the spirit. that love you have of God does transform you. And while you feel that love ask him to send you, as Jesus was sent.

When you are sent you will be completely transformed, and delivered to where you asked to be sent.

No one has ascended except he who has descended.

When you have descended from heaven to the earth you will know, what born again means.

But anyway, its quite a blessing if you can simply believe, that it can happen to you because, Jesus did that kind of thing.

In fact it is the meaning of his name, the reason that his name has given us power to become children Born of God.

In His salvation,

Vincent

please explain the following: Theosopher ?

To be born this way, you need to get in touch with your ability to love. Love is what you will be thinking about, should you ever be reborn of the spirit. that love you have of God does transform you. And while you feel that love ask him to send you, as Jesus was sent.

isn’t htis more of a symptom of being born again…as it were?

When you are sent you will be completely transformed, and delivered to where you asked to be sent.

sent?? sent where? :confused:

When you have descended from heaven to the earth you will know, what born again means.

how many have descended from Heaven to Earth, other than Jesus???

The Protestant concept of being born again usually includes: asking God for forgiveness of sins, confessing with your mouth that Jesus is Lord, and believing in your heart that God raised Him from the dead.
As Catholics we do this on a regular basis - confession/reconciliation, saying the Creed, and the believing has to be left up the individual regardless.
So Catholics are born again, saved, saints, believers, and Christians by the Protestant definitions.

As for spirit filled, Protestants often believe in a baptism of the Holy Spirit as evidenced by portrayal of the gifts of the Spirit. In the Protestant churches I have seen this is most often evidenced by a speaking in tongues.
As Catholics we believe you are baptized in the Spirit (and so spirit filled) at Confirmation and do not require any outward evidence unless you count the sealing with oil (which is an outward sign but doesn’t show the working of the Spirit in the same sense as Protestants require).

For us Catholics, the sacrament of Confirmation makes us followers of Jesus Christ.
As long as we remain in the church, and go to mass and confession, read our bible we are born-again and will go straight to heaven when we die.:):):):):slight_smile:

Here’s the apologist Peggy Frye’s answer which relates here:

Salvation is “just believing in Jesus”…

When you arrive, and you think for a bit, you realize a great peace, reforming from the air in the sunlight is very beautiful, the light shines through your reforming body. As your formation is complete your feet come to rest on the ground. Then when you look at the world that you have returned to, it all seems new, everything in it. Because you are new.

Well, one day while driving I asked to be sent in another direction. I had promised a friend that I would visit him and I was concerned about the situation I would be in when I made the visit. So, while I was on the road I had taken the wrong exit on a cloverleaf, about halfway around, I put out my cigarette in the ash tray, asked to be sent.

He asked in a wonderful voice which way I was going. I had promised my friend, even though he was staying with people who would not be approved of by many. I told him I would be going to visit my friend.

And, with a very low vibration that moved vertically throughout my soul, I vanished along with the car that I was driving. I descended still driving the car, to the proper exit ramp, diagonally accross from where I was taken up. I would suppose the clover leaf was about a mile accross.

So, you can see you only need a loving reason to ask for his help. Certainly there are many places that one could ask to be sent, and it is the contemplation of love that makes it the right time to ask.

Philip was sent in Acts chapter 8, and perhaps Paul made a round trip to somewhere that he thought was heaven, but evidently he returned to exactly the same place and position he was in when he was taken up. So, he thought that perhaps he had only left his body.

Beyond these reports from scripture, who knows how many people, these past two thousand years, have been sent from place to place. I have only met two others on the internet who have in ten years.

Be good now,

Vincent

what Church do you go to??? Regular confession??? I never see anyone going to Confession… yet everyone goes to Communion… hmm…

As for spirit filled, Protestants often believe in a baptism of the Holy Spirit as evidenced by portrayal of the gifts of the Spirit. In the Protestant churches I have seen this is most often evidenced by a speaking in tongues.

I’ve been spirit-filled but never (to speak of) spoken in tongues… some say this means i haven’t been born-again… I say they don’t know what they’re talking about…

As Catholics we believe you are baptized in the Spirit (and so spirit filled) at Confirmation and do not require any outward evidence unless you count the sealing with oil (which is an outward sign but doesn’t show the working of the Spirit in the same sense as Protestants require).

this is not the same thing. i was confirmed but i didn’t really u/stand Confirmation… no one adequately explained the ceremony to me… I believe it has power nonetheless… but i was born again yrs later… and well… THAT was a HUGE thing… and i totally (more/less) understood it… except that none of us understands all the mysteries of God… and following Christ…

sounds kinda strange…

I’m glad I’m Catholic…

God bles…

this is not the kind of “born again” i’m talking about… like i said, i should have written “spirit-filled”… more accurate term…

I’ve been confirmed and… didn’t understand it… didn’t get muhc out of it, but i was Spirit filled and that totally changed me…

Of course, after a couple yrs… i began to somehow fall away… distance myself (unintentionally ) from Jesus and… well, my life went from bad to wrose (i was very young, uncatechized, etc…) and finally hit rock bottom… It was then that i found a rosary and… well… a miracle happened… i didn’t just use it for a decoration… I prayed the thing one day, when i didn’t even feel the least inclined to do so… very strange… but changed my entire life…

The RCC gives people a grounding… a needed foundation… That spirit-filled thing is good but it doesn’t necessarily keep you in Christ… because we are SO human, so frail… so clue-less …

Well, it meant a lot to Thomas…

The Scriptures say one must be born again.

By the way “Vicarius Filii Dei” is not a title which the pope holds so I hope you’re not making any references that he is the antichrist (you’ll get banned).

General pentecostal thought sees baptism of the Holy Spirit, normally initially seen by the speaking in tongues as totally separate from salvation. If you search hard enough you may find some who claim that only those blessed with a heavenly language know the “fullness” of Christian life.

I recall listening to a program on EWTN radio where a priest said that all Catholics are “born again” and accept Jesus as our lord and savior. We were born again at our Baptism and accept Jesus through the sacraments.

No one can answer a question where the terms are not defined. Until every person can agree on what “born again” actually means, this topic is utterly useless to finding any clear answer on.:shrug:

In John chapter three, it is to be born from above, to come and go as does the wind(invisibly), to ascend and descend from heaven. In other parts of John Jesus speaks of this as being sent by the father. To be delivered by God is the meaning of the name Jesus, which in the Greek is the same as Joshua.

Ἰησοῦς

Joshua led the people into the promised land. Jesus will do the same, but this time they will be air born, like Philip had been.

Practice makes perfect…

If you read the story of the Exodus it states that god brought them out of Egypt on the wings of eagles. This may mean that they were moved(raptured along) as a group. So from this point of view, it will simply happen again…

That is an interesting view. My question would be wouldn’t some remain, to also share in the suffering of Christ this time? Joshua did not suffer for all men.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.