"IF" ?

Dear friends in Christ,

“IF”

God IS “One”

Can there be more than only set of Faith beliefs?

Please define your meaning of "Faith" here.

How you define the word faith here matters. I know of two different definitions off hand. I think and assume you mean one that I know of but will not answer until it is defined what you mean by "Faith". -not saying I will answer, just that I cannot with what you provided.

there is faith

then there is Faith.

A lot of the threads in this forum appear misplaced and miscategorized.

There can be only one set of exclusive truths, but many levels of partial understanding.

[quote="PJM, post:1, topic:305214"]
Dear friends in Christ,

"IF"

God IS "One"

[/quote]

If there's only one sun in a solar system can there be more than one planet?

[quote="PJM, post:1, topic:305214"]
Dear friends in Christ,

"IF"

God IS "One"

[/quote]

Because He loves us so much that He gives us free will.

There is one Lord, one Faith, one Baptism
:)

No.

Whosoever will be saved, before all things it is necessary that he hold the Catholic Faith. Which Faith except everyone do keep whole and undefiled, without doubt he shall perish everlastingly. And the Catholic Faith is this...
newadvent.org/cathen/02033b.htm

[quote="AnneElizabeth, post:2, topic:305214"]
Please define your meaning of "Faith" here.

How you define the word faith here matters. I know of two different definitions off hand. I think and assume you mean one that I know of but will not answer until it is defined what you mean by "Faith". -not saying I will answer, just that I cannot with what you provided.

there is faith

then there is Faith.

[/quote]

As the OP, the meaningo of "Faith" is a Set of required beliefs given, commanded and demanded by God for one'e salvation. I do hope this defination is satisfactory?

God Bless you,
Pat

=Luigi Daniele;10023732]Because He loves us so much that He gives us free will.

This TRUE; BUT WHY? or what specific desired [but not commanded] purpose.

The Answer is in Isa. 43: verse 7 and 21.

God Bless,
Pat

=hieroglyph;10023180]There can be only one set of exclusive truths, but many levels of partial understanding.

OK, but that avoids answering my question:)

Clever:thumbsup:

But I fail to see how it address the OPQ:shrug:

IF, you're suggestion that there can be mutiple truths, MUTIPLE Faith beliefs on the same precise isse: HOW? WHY?

God Bless you,

no, there is only one God and one truth.

[quote="poche, post:13, topic:305214"]
no, there is only one God and one truth.

[/quote]

:thumbsup:

[quote="Burdensome1, post:3, topic:305214"]
A lot of the threads in this forum appear misplaced and miscategorized.

[/quote]

Agreed, the OP's question seems to have little to do with the purpose of this sub forum and would fit better in another area.

Jharek, he tried proselytizing in Noncatholic Religions, but the moderator wisely closed the thread when he got testy with non-C's. So I presume his mission has resumed here instead. :(

[quote="PJM, post:9, topic:305214"]
As the OP, the meaningo of "Faith" is a Set of required beliefs given, commanded and demanded by God for one'e salvation. I do hope this defination is satisfactory?

God Bless you,
Pat

[/quote]

Yes, thanks for clearing that up. That is what I thought you meant but I wanted to be sure. There are several different ways that the word faith can be interpreted.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.