Ignatius Bible Selection

Hello,
I am looking to get a new Bible and I seem to hear great things about the Ignatius Bible. I noticed however that if I go for the study version with Scott Hahn's commentary it only contains the New Testament. Is there any version that contains the whole Bible? I see a version that has both Old and New Testament but it doesn't appear to have the contribution by Scott Hahn. Am I forced to choose between the two or can I find one with both? Also, if I go with the one without the commentary do I still get footnotes? Thanks for any help!

If you want the Ignatius Study Bible with Scott Hahn's essays and commentary, then it's only available as the New Testament or as separate booklets.

They do have a full Ignatius Bible, but it is not an in-depth Study Bible like the one you are referring too. It does have footnotes. I have the hardback version and love it. The Ignatius Bible is a great translation in a great package.

[quote="Matthew1224, post:1, topic:342180"]
Hello,
I am looking to get a new Bible and I seem to hear great things about the Ignatius Bible. I noticed however that if I go for the study version with Scott Hahn's commentary it only contains the New Testament. Is there any version that contains the whole Bible? I see a version that has both Old and New Testament but it doesn't appear to have the contribution by Scott Hahn. Am I forced to choose between the two or can I find one with both? Also, if I go with the one without the commentary do I still get footnotes? Thanks for any help!

[/quote]

the ignatius bible is the RSV so if you are looking for one with good footnotes find a study one that is the RSV catholic edition. I can't help you with where to find it but the ignatius bible I have has only cross references as footnotes not many interpretation footnotes.

[quote="Matthew1224, post:1, topic:342180"]
Hello,

[/quote]

They are working on the OT, but it is not done yet. I have the Ignatius Genesis, to go along with my ISB. It is very good, but limited. I supplement with RSV-CE2.:shrug:

[quote="Newsy, post:4, topic:342180"]
They are working on the OT, but it is not done yet. I have the Ignatius Genesis, to go along with my ISB. It is very good, but limited. I supplement with RSV-CE2.:shrug:

[/quote]

There are also two additional Old Testament volumes available:

Exodus

Proverbs, Ecclesiastes, Song of Solomon

Thanks everybody, that is the information I was looking for!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.