Ignatius Study Bible - is there an Old Testament version?

I just ordered the Ignatius Study Bible: New Testament (and I know it’s only the NT! ;)). I didn’t find one for the Old Testament. Is there such a thing?

My understanding from my RCIA teacher is that the OT version is in process but not not yet complete.

As with many projects this size, publication is incremental. :slight_smile:

There are currently 5 Old Testament volumes available for purchase:

[LIST]
*]Genesis
*]Exodus
*]Daniel
*]Job
*]Proverbs, Ecclesiastes, and Song of Solomon
[/LIST]

Joshua and Judges and Ruth will both be available later this year.

10 down, 36 to go. :slight_smile: They are definitely planning on releasing the entire Old Testament eventually. It just takes time.

The Genesis one is great!

Thanks for the information.

Good to know - thank you! I picked up a handful of the individual NT guides, then decided to just get the whole thing (although I don’t think the full volume has the study questions). I’ve seen the individual OT guides but haven’t had a chance to look at them much yet.

Right, the lack of study questions is the main difference between the individual volumes and the New Testament as a whole. The study questions do come in handy if you are doing a study with a group. But it’s more pricey to go that route. I got most of the individual New Testament volumes back before they had the whole New Testament.

Yes, Dr. Hahn has lots to say about Genesis. :slight_smile: I know he really helped me make sense of Genesis, even before this volume came out.

I found the following update on the final completion of the Ignatius Catholic Study Bible. A single volume complete version, including the Old Testament, is now tentatively scheduled for between late 2015 and mid 2016. There are quite a few details about what the final Bible will be like at the link below:

catholicbiblesblog.com/2014/05/update-on-icsb.html

I know that there is a place online that allows you to officially download all of the study questions for free, because I’ve done it myself. I can’t seem to find it, however. It might be from Scott Hahn’s website, or Ignatius Press. I’ll keep looking.

Interesting. That info is from a year ago. It seems doubtful to me that they are going to meet a target of Fall 2015 as they would have probably advertised that by now. I had heard they were close to being done with the Old Testament about 10 years ago, though. :stuck_out_tongue:

Found it!

ignatius.com/promotions/catholic-study-bible/

I did not know that Ignatius Press made these available. Thanks for the tip!

Oh, that’s great! Thanks for finding the study questions! I think those will be a big help.

Here we are end of April 2017. Is the complete Old Testament Ignatius Study Bible done yet?

They are working on it.

Also there is the Navarre OT

scepterpublishers.org/collections/navarre-bibles/ot-series

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.