Ignatius Study Bible news

This says it will be published in one volume!

8 Likes

Goodness, how big is that thing going to be?

2 Likes

I’m going to start keeping an eye out for a VERY sturdy book bag. :grinning:

3 Likes

The one-volume NT runs to 726 pages and is 1½ inches thick. In terms of word count, the OT is approximately three and a half times the length of the NT. Thus, if the introductions and notes in the OT are as extensive as those in the NT, the one-volume Ignatius Study Bible would contain more than 3,000 pages and be over six inches thick. However, from what I’ve seen of the booklets on Isaiah and Daniel, it looks as though the introductions and notes won’t, in fact , be on anything like the same scale as they are in the NT.

2 Likes

I’d have preferred it then that they published the OT separately with the same extensive treatment the NT got.

2 Likes

That looks amazing.

1 Like

I’d be perfectly happy to buy a Kindle version.

(Edited to add: Hmm… asking for donations? Are they running out of money for this project? I’m surprised that they’re not running it like one of those fund-raisers where you donate and then you’re given a credit toward purchase of the product. This is a “donate now and then pay again later” vibe?)

2 Likes

That’s what I’m feeling from this. I’d be happy to fork over some money in exchange for a discount on my order or some extra bonus, but just hand over the money and then pay full price on what will likely be an expensive Bible…?

1 Like

Does seem like a bit much. It’s not going to be inexpensive.

1 Like

I think I speak for everyone here, when I say, BOUT DANG TIME

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.