Illegal Alien Charged with Murder After California Counties Ignore 9 ICE Detainer Requests

Remember this the next time a leftist, statist politician tells you how good it is to have sanctuary cities so we can get more voluntary crime information to . . . ah hem . . . “fight crime” (because those here illegally, won’t have to “lurk in the shadows” so they will help fight crime and help rid us of the “bad actors”).

Please remember this. Sanctuary cities/counties. Inappropriate.

Illegal Alien Charged with Murder After California Counties Ignore 9 ICE Detainer Requests

Michelle Moons 13 Mar 2019 Breitbart News

Two California counties failed to honor ICE detainers for a Salvadoran national before the murder of a woman for which he has now been arrested.

U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) had issued nine detainers for criminal illegal alien Carlos Eduardo Arevalo Carranza, 24, in order to deport him, but Los Angeles and Santa Clara counties each ignored them. Carranza has a “long criminal history,” according to NBC Bay Area. The counties released him every time without notifying ICE.

Carranza was recently arrested for the vicious murder of a 59-year-old woman in San Jose in February. . . .

. . . Home security camera footage of the man obtained by NBC Bay Area appears to show him casing a home . . .

I looked for this on CNN and MSNBC and Googled it too looking for more details from a mainstream news perspective. But to no avail.

CNN? Nope.

MSNBC? Nothing (yet).

Breitbart News is fine, but I ALSO wanted a more mainstream news media input perspective. Especially from the left.

I guess I will have to settle with Breitbart to report this news.

FOG . . . .

the wall would not have saved this family, nor can we blame it on immigration.

But nobody is saying “the wall” would save THAT family FOG.

(I am not even a proponent of “the wall”.
I am also not a proponent of “sanctuary cities”.
But I am a proponent of “reporting the news” and the LACK of reporting is in and of itself newsworthy here in my opinion.)

FOG . . .

Didn’t see a Breitbart link on this story. hmmm

Well you can “hmmm” all day.

I have been critical of Breitbart here on CAF.
I am the one who has said MANY TIMES, that ALL the news outfits are biased. ALL of them.

But you CAN get other stories almost anywhere.

Breitbart covers many stories you won’t hear elsewhere (or “elsewhere” drags their feet until the story builds so much “steam” that they HAVE TO report it).

This purposeful politically motivated, non-reporting FOG, is really a form of fake news. At least that is my opinion. No matter where it comes from.

So your hmmm doesn’t bother me here in this context.

Why not link to me YOUR criticism of CNN and MSNBC FOG so I may look at them?
(We can fight against fake news together, you and I FOG).

Thanks for allowing me to express my own opinion and free speech…so, again…hmmmm

FOG . . .

Thanks for allowing me to express my own opinion and . . .

Hey! I’m all for it.

Now would you mind linking to me YOUR criticism of CNN and MSNBC FOG so I may look at them?

I never said I had criticism of CNN and MSNBC…my criticism was of Breitbart and Fox…I don’t feel obligated to submit to you a full list of all news sources with my personal evaluation for your consideration, nor do I expect the same from you.

FOG . .

I never said I had criticism of CNN and MSNBC…my criticism was of Breitbart and Fox…I don’t feel obligated . . .

Fair enough.

I’ll continue on alone.

Meanwhile “sanctuary cities” are still a disaster in my opinion.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm

One instance could have been avoided if the law was followed by the authorities themselves. The law was ignored for political reasons and a woman has now been murdered. Hmmmmm

What law was not followed by the authorities?

Do you know how many murders there are in the US? Well, in 2014 there were 15,872 homicides. Divided by 365 gives 43 murders per day. So while Breitbart was making a big deal out of this one murder, that same day there were 42 other murders. What did Breitbart report about those murders? Hmmmm… What did Breitbart report about the over 300 murders that occurred in the previous 7 days? Hmmm… What did Breitbart report about the nearly 1300 murders that occurred in the previous month? Hmmmm… It looks like they specially picked this one murder to write a national report about because… well, because it supports the narrative that Trump wants to push, which is that illegal aliens are a big problem and need to be addressed in a big 5 billion dollar way. So before you start criticizing CNN and MSNBC for not reporting about this one murder, please consider why Breitbart did not report on 1300 murders in the previous month. And then go read about specks and beams in eyes.

Thanks for posting.

The story by the way was covered by Fox News two days ago:

article

You’re right about how it was conveniently ignored by the more left-leaning media who want you to think they’re all little valedictorians or STEM scholars.

Right. These are the standard liberal talking points. “Sanctuary city” policies protect us from crimes because otherwise illegal aliens who are victims or witnesses would be afraid to speak up because they might be deported themselves.

The argument on the other side is that police don’t routinely try to deport them anyway. Police are there to fight crime, and have no interest in getting victims or witnesses deported; in fact, they don’t want them to be deported because they want the government to build a case against the criminal.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.