Illegal immigrant births - at your expense

Taxpayers Foot Bill For Roughly 300,000 Children Born Into Citizenship When Their Parents Are Illegal

(CBS) It was 5 a.m. and CBS News national correspondent Byron Pitts is with a woman who is nine months pregnant. She’s rushed to a south Texas hospital to undergo a C-section - a $4,700 medical procedure that won’t cost her a dime. She qualifies for emergency Medicaid.

She gave birth to a healthy, 8 1/2 pound baby boy - born in America. His Mexican mother gave him an American name: Eliot.

Eliot is one of an estimated 300,000 children of illegal immigrants born in the United States every year, according to the Pew Hispanic Center. They’re given instant citizenship because they are born on U.S. soil, which makes it easier for their parents to become U.S. citizens.

this is terrible. how stupid can we be to pay for this. what’s wrong with our politicans? our corrupt globalist government is hell bent on destroying our country!!!

YEAH!

KICK OUT ALL THE MINORITIES!

Would you prefer Hospitals NOT provide emergency care? As for the baby, he’s an American Citizen by the Constitution, fortunatly America’s policies have been formed to stop the raceism our government afflicted on minorities, changing the constitution now would open an entire bag of worms.

I don’t mind funding a birth here and there. It’s better than an abortion. If Eliot has an “American” name in honor of his native land, so much the better. He’ll grow up to be a proud American, by all appearances. I only mind people crossing our border illegally if they are invading our country to overthrow it. This is obviously not the case with Eliot and his mother, who want to be Americans. Our border has a demand greater than its supply and when that happens a black market is inevitable. The logical action is to increase supply.

Would you prefer Hospitals NOT provide emergency care? As for the baby, he’s an American Citizen by the Constitution, fortunatly America’s policies have been formed to stop the raceism our government afflicted on minorities, changing the constitution now would open an entire bag of worms

i don’t have a problem with emergency care, i do have a problem that i’m paying for it. she should be sent back with her baby to mexico and we should charge the mexican government for the birth.

there is no america if there is no language borders or culture. we obviously can’t pay for everyone to have there babies here.

as for the baby being a citizen, i think it’s a stupid law that needs to be changed like it has been in canada.

I agree, we NEED immigration, for the good of the country. Immigration is what this country was founded on. But…the immigration laws are broken. Long surpassed is the number of immigrants needed to keep the wheels spinning. And it doesn’t look like the government will do anything soon to fix it. Not only are we going to be in trouble economy wise (of which I can say…we are already there, illegal immigration NOT being the sole factor) but open boarders is a HUGE security risk. Whatever the motivation for both the Dems and the Reps to keep this going, you can bet that all you have to do is …follow the money. I really think it’s as simple as that. It’s for personal and/or party political gain. I’m not sure all the screaming in the world will budge anyone in Washington to really move on it. In their own “little” minds they have too much to loose.

I’ve heard about this…the women literally sit on the side of the border until it’s time.

Can you imagine being pregnant, in labor, squatting in the desert until you can get assistance from an ambulance and give birth in an emergency room?

No, we can’t have an open border, but we can double the quotas and then make the citizenship process quicker and the asylum process easier. That would reduce the demand for illegal entry and eliminate the profit for those who smuggle people. Then we could restrict medical assistance to citizens and legal visitors except in emergencies, which would still include childbirth, and conduct government business in English except in hazard communication and law communication, where of course it is to everyone’s advantage to be understood by everyone. Then we could offer free training in teaching ESL so that the number of teachers would increase, then they could teach in their homes or anyewhere, and the number of people who cna’t understand English would decrease. Speaking English would open US culture to newcomers.
As it is, deportation takes away a newcomer’s incentive to get a real job or invest in ESL; they might not be around long anough to see it pay. If we let more in legally and let them get settled here, they will be more likely to identify with the USA and want to learn our culture and defend us from invaders.

So just let bodies pile up in the street?

she should be sent back with her baby to mexico

It said she qualified for Emergency Medicare, I doubt they had the time to arrest her, process her, let her go through the lagal system, and finially, if it’s the determination of the court, deport her.

and we should charge the mexican government for the birth.

Absurd, they didn’t send her here, why in the world would they pay for it?

there is no america if there is no language borders or culture.

It may not be the old WASP America, it’s still the same country

we obviously can’t pay for everyone to have there babies here.

No, but we can provide emergency medical aid to people in our country

as for the baby being a citizen, i think it’s a stupid law that needs to be changed like it has been in canada.

It’s not a “law” it’s part of the Constitution, an ammendment.

It’s not a stupid law, it protects individuals from being exploited by raceist policies like those inflicted on the Chinese and Japanese

Reducing the cost of something as natural as pregnancy might help, too.

So just let bodies pile up in the street?

what are you talking about?

Absurd, they didn’t send her here, why in the world would they pay for it?

mexico is essentially invading our country. we should hold the mexican government responsible. of course, we are to blame because our system benefits those who break the law.

It’s not a stupid law, it protects individuals from being exploited by raceist policies like those inflicted on the Chinese and Japanese

i don’t have a problem with just discrimination. if muslims fly planes into building and blow themselves and others up because of their stupid religion, i think it’s a good idea to keep tons of muslims from immigrating into the u.s. just as i think it’s a good idea to keep anyone out of our country who decides to break laws to get here.

Where’s your alarm about all of the wealthy corporations who won’t pay for medical insurance for their employees who then fill our emergency rooms and cost taxpayers a bundle. Yet think of all of the tax breaks these corporations receive in the form of corporate welfare…and again the bill is footed by individual taxpayers.

I find it difficult to understand how many people in this country are happy to have cheap labor to build housing, to do gardening, cook at restaurants, etc. etc. without realizing that that cheap labor they like enjoying comes from people who are willing to take the jobs no one wants to take, people who work longer hours than we do. People who pay taxes but are not counted, they pay SS tax but are not able to collect benefits because many times their payments are under assumed names, these people do not go to the grocery store and get tax free groceries, they for the most part have the same tax liabilities as the rest of us. Do not blame the workers, blame the employers and accept responsibility everytime we purchase or obtain services at a reduced price. And by the way a reminder California, Nevada, New Mexico, Arizona, and Texas at one time were part of Mexico. Mexicans have roots in this country as old or older than some anglos. As far as the language differences those exist, and most Mexicans take pride in assimilating to the culture while still keeping their customs alive. We could learn from their willingness to help each other, their solidarity, their work ethic.

No Emergency care, people who have a medical emergency, but don’t have access to Medical Care often die

mexico is essentially invading our country. we should hold the mexican government responsible.

Not even close to an invasion.

of course, we are to blame because our system benefits those who break the law. i don’t have a problem with just discrimination. if muslims fly planes into building and blow themselves and others up because of their stupid religion, i think it’s a good idea to keep tons of muslims from immigrating into the u.s. just as i think it’s a good idea to keep anyone out of our country who decides to break laws to get here.

Well, I was replying when I skimmed the rest of your post.

I have no interest in arguing with a bigot

Well, I was replying when I skimmed the rest of your post. I have no interest in arguing with a bigot

isn’t there a rule against name calling on these forums? but i guess it’s ok as long as it’s against whites. please, don’t argue anymore.

And by the way a reminder California, Nevada, New Mexico, Arizona, and Texas at one time were part of Mexico.

good thing it’s not part of mexico, otherwise they wouldn’t have anywhere go for a better life.

how is it fair that i and many other hard working native born americans have to pay the $5000+ bill for a delivery fee, but a illegal alien gets free medical care??

How fair is it that you have make over minimum wage, have a hot bed and a warm meal to go home too, and don’t have to worry about desiding wether to eat or pay bills? The world isn’t fair, but Christ commanded us to help the poor. Your posts are less then Christian.

Very, very well put

I am beyond appalled by your posts Dee Dee King. As Catholics we respect the lives and DIGNITY of ALL people. There are no illegal people.

If you want to start ranting about how “unfair” it is that your American tax dollars goes to help ANYONE, I do hope that none of your “hard earned money” is spent on items made in sweatshops overseas that keeps people essentially enslaved. Do you have a problem with the fact that most of Americans’ clothes are made in sweatshops? Do you have a problem with the fact that you’re essentially supporting slavery overseas? Are you okay with the evil your money supports as long as you benefit from it? If your money goes to support sweatshops that keep people utterly improverished around the globe, I would like to think that you wouldn’t be so outraged when your money actually helps someone. Who cares if they’re illegal? They are people with human dignity!

It is not fair… Dee Dee essentially had fortunate circumstances in his/her life and was endowed (by the stochastic process of meiosis and gamete fusion) with the ability to make enough money to support (I wish English had a gender-neutral pronoun to refer to persons) himself/herself while some people do not have that. Dee Dee did not completely merit that lifestyle. I didn’t merit my particular lifestyle of having facile access to food and information; I only have it because circumstances and events beyond my control where in my favor (for example the place of my birth and parents). I regret when people are oblivious to the suffering of the inhabitants of underdeveloped countries. I do understand that I do not deserve my circumstances anymore than other people in the world living in dire situations nor do I feel superior to the aforementioned women in the opening post. I am not ultra-altruistic where I am willing to trade my place, but as someone who is interest in ethics from a Rawlsian perspective, I do fell that having sympathy and empathy for the least fortunate among us is integral for ethics. That, unfortunately, was not demonstrated in the opening post and was displaced by insouciance.

i have no problems with emergency care. i don’t blame this women for looking for a better life here i blame the system which rewards and gives incentives for people to come here illegally and plop out babies at the border just to get citizenship.

why would you want people to come here thinking the government will take care of everything? don’t you see how the blacks and the hispanics are being used by the secular marxist left for votes?

the end result of this massive illegal immigration will be a massive government and more state sponsored atheism.

again, my beef isn’t with this women, but our corrupt politicians and government.

that being said, she and every other illegal immigrant should to the best of thier ability pay back thier medical bills.

News articles…

Fourteen Democrats, Sierra Club, and Defenders of Wildlife file lawsuit to stop the border fence due to wildlife concerns.

gopusa.com/theloft/?p=688

Bennie G. Thompson (D-MS), Homeland Security Committee Chairman

John Conyers (D-MI), Judiciary Committee Chairman
John Dingell (D-MI), Energy & Commerce Committee Chairman
Bob Filner (D-CA), Veterans Affairs Chairman
George Miller (D-CA), Education and Labor Committee Chairman
James Oberstar (D-MN), Transportation & Infrastructure Committee Chairman
Silvestre Reyes (D-TX), Intelligence Committee Chairman
Louise Slaughter (D-NY), Rules Committee Chairwoman

Yvette D. Clarke (D-NY)
Susan Davis (D-CA)
Raul M. Grijalva (D-AZ)
Sheila Jackson Lee (D-TX)
Zoe Lofgren (D-CA)
Solomon Ortiz (D-TX)

Swedish-owned “vodka” AD…

As part of its “In an Absolut World” campaign in print magazines and on billboards, the company featured a large color photo of a redrawn map of the continental United States. The ad imposed pre-1848 borders on America, with Mexico swallowing up California, Texas, New Mexico, Utah, Colorado and Arizona.

Here’s how Favio Ucedo, creative director of leading U.S. Latino advertising agency Grupo Gallegos, which was not involved in the Absolut campaign, explained the reconquista-endorsing ad to the Los Angeles Times: “Mexicans talk about how the Americans stole their land, so this is their way of reclaiming it. It’s very relevant and the Mexicans will love the idea.”

michellemalkin.com/2008/04/04/absolut-arrogance-and-the-advertising-agency-behind-the-reconquista-ad/

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.