Illuminati, Freemasonry, New World Order

Hey Guys,

I posted this question on the “ask the apoligistic” section, but no one ever got back to me. My question was simply this:

We have all heard about the Illuminati, Freemasonry, New World Order etc. etc. conspiracy. There is a lot of it. Now I personally agree with it.

1. What is the Catholic Church’s stand on this conspiracy, the illuminati, freemasonry, and the new world order?

2. Why is it that most prominent authors of this theory seem to be protestants, which, feel that the catholic church is apart of this conspiracy theory, as a “whore of babylon”, with its occult and corruption etc. (which I personally Don’t agree with)

Let me know please guys. Thanks

[quote=Polska]Hey Guys,

I posted this question on the “ask the apoligistic” section, but no one ever got back to me. My question was simply this:

We have all heard about the Illuminati, Freemasonry, New World Order etc. etc. conspiracy. There is a lot of it. Now I personally agree with it.

1. What is the Catholic Church’s stand on this conspiracy, the illuminati, freemasonry, and the new world order?

2. Why is it that most prominent authors of this theory seem to be protestants, which, feel that the catholic church is apart of this conspiracy theory, as a “whore of babylon”, with its occult and corruption etc. (which I personally Don’t agree with)

[/quote]

1. All I know is you CANNOT be a Mason and a Catholic.

2.Its anti-Catholicisim. You’re going to hafta get used to it, my friend ;).

1. The Church takes no position on the alleged conspiracy, as nobody has proven that such a conspiracy exists.

2. The most well known proponent of this was Alexander Hislop, an anti-Catholic of the 19th century. His ideas are recycled constantly by a few anti-Catholics with paranoid tendencies. The worst of them today is Jack Chick. The entire story is based upon twisted history and lies.

I think there is Ample proof. Maybe the Catholic church just isn’t bothering trying to dismantle the New World order, I mean, what matters in the long-run is Jesus Christ, following our relgion and being good.

[quote=Polska]Hey Guys,

[/quote]

My understanding is that Catholics can now become Masons. Am I mistaken?

[quote=Adonis33]My understanding is that Catholics can now become Masons. Am I mistaken?
[/quote]

In our church, there is a prominent community person who is a practicing freemason. He regularly receives communion. What is the church’s position on this? I thought freemasons were excommunicated.

[quote=paramedicgirl]In our church, there is a prominent community person who is a practicing freemason. He regularly receives communion. What is the church’s position on this? I thought freemasons were excommunicated.
[/quote]

From Fr. Bradley, SJ

"Cardinal Ratzinger’s Declaration

Following the promulgation of the new Code, Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger, the new Prefect of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, issued a new declaration: (1) the new Canon 1347 has the same essential import as the old Canon 2335, and the fact that the “Masonic sect” is no longer explicitly named is irrelevant. (2) the Church’s negative judgment on Masonry remains unchanged, because the Masonic principles are irreconcilable with the Church’s teaching (“earum principia semper iconcilabilia habita sunt cum Ecclesiae doctrina”) (3) Catholics who join the Masons are in the state of grave sin and may not receive Holy Communion. (4) no local ecclesiastical authority has competence to derogate from these judgments of the Sacred Congregation.

With these official statements of the Universal Church now on record , it should be clear that the lamentable confusion of so many Catholics regarding Freemasonry must be seen as only a temporary aberration – to be written off as one most costly consequence of a mindless “spirit of Vatican II.” But we may hope that, as in other issues that have plagued the Church in the last score of years, there is a providence in this, a veritable blessing in disguise. For now, more clearly than ever before, we should see just why the Catholic Church has been – and will always be – so opposed to Masonry…"

geocities.com/cath_apolo/cathason.htm

Very good Hagia thank you!

The fact that there is a deliberate plan to build a one-world government, “New World Order” is not even a secret anymore. It’s right out in the open, with the major players in both American political parties in full support of it. I think the Catholic church should oppose this with every aspect of her Being. As for Freemasonry, Pope Leo XIII wrote a damning encyclical about Freemasonry, and many popes spoke out forcefully against it. Love, Jaypeeto2

The Catholic Church Is the major obsticle to a New World Order.
This is why we are singled out by the MSM
The rest of Christainity is to fragmented to be an effective deterrent
(lambs without sheperds, only head lambs)
and Othrodox Jewry is to small. Islam is even more fragmented than Christainity.
The strenght of our Church is the Papacy
In some ways its like a flag in a nationalic country or a Supreme Court of Morality
Every Christain and Moslem should also be aware of what the Pope is saying. Even if they aren’t in communion.

He is really the only thing standing in the way.

The entire story is based upon twisted history and lies.

This is not true. The Illuminati are a very real group that was founded by Adam Weishaupt in the 1700’s. They and their goals were discovered by the Bavarian Government back in the 1700’s and they were expelled from the country. Their connections to the Freemasons in what is now Germany and France is well documented. A good account of this history is “Proofs of a Conspiracy” by John Robison, written in 1798 and still widely available.

[quote=2shelbys]This is not true. The Illuminati are a very real group that was founded by Adam Weishaupt in the 1700’s. They and their goals were discovered by the Bavarian Government back in the 1700’s and they were expelled from the country. Their connections to the Freemasons in what is now Germany and France is well documented. A good account of this history is “Proofs of a Conspiracy” by John Robison, written in 1798 and still widely available.
[/quote]

My remark which you quoted was in reference to part two of the question, specifically concerning anti-Catholic “Whore of Babylon” conspiracy theories and pagan origins of the Church; hence the ‘2.’ in front of it.

I do not doubt the existence of the Illuminati et al. I was answering the question regarding the alleged Freemason-Illuminati-Catholicism conspiracy as promoted by a few anti-Catholic writers.

Hello All,

Very important:

1. Catholics cannot, under any circumstances, be Masons or a member of any secret society which places it’s oaths above the will of God and the Church.

2. The “New World Order” theory is not exclusively Protestant. Many Ultra-Trad Catholics and Ultra Liberals also see conspiracies everywhere. Now, that’s not saying that there fears are not vaild. There are groups of elitists out there who do want to gain wealth and power for themselves. These groups hate the Catholic Church because it commands the loyalty of 1/6th of the World’s population, yet they cannot gain control of it. Many have tried, all have failed. The Church belong’s to God alone and as the Good Book says “…the gates of Hell will not prevail against it.”

As Catholics we need to be forever vigilant of the world around us. For more information: the book Christianity and American Freemasonry by William Whalen gives an excellent exegesis on the issue of Freemasonry and the Christian response. Also, the book Secrets of the Tomb by Alexandra Robbins might be useful as well.

My remark which you quoted was in reference to part two of the question, specifically concerning anti-Catholic “Whore of Babylon” conspiracy theories and pagan origins of the Church; hence the ‘2.’ in front of it

Sorry, I missed that.

They need instead to look up Lucis Trust and their cohorts instead of pointing fingers our way,and while they are at it look up planned parenthoods founder and the connection with Lucis trust and the UN and all the groups cooperating and associated with them.After that they will see these groups are hostile toward the Catholic Church and if the Church was the whore of babylon they would embrace the Church.

You know, this whole NWO thing I think is what has kinda been getting me down and depressed. It's kinda like being told "You're going to die in a week, or a month." It's like if the NWO comes to pass, the human race is doomed to ignorant slavery and breeding processes which make me cry. "Brave New World", scary stuff, man. :(

But knowing that I am actually part of their biggest obstacle gives me comfort and peace. :)

And maybe, just maybe, the confidence to develop my faith and make it stronger.

Although, I am a little confused... wouldn't it be easier for the NWO to lure in a large, homogenous body of believers?

Would it not be better if there were more of (in economic terms) a "perfect" competition between religions rather than the current oligopoly? By which I mean, fewer followers of myriad different religions, NOT fewer followers of myriad different GROUPS in a religion.

Like, wouldn't it be more difficult to make converts if, instead of having 20,000 different churches which all believe essentially the same thing (as it is with Protestants), we had 20,000 culturally separate, diverse, and co-alienating religions (like cults to individual gods within a given pantheon - as in the way Greek cities often venerated different gods with different demands and personalities)?

I'm not actually suggesting we DO this, I'm just throwing ideas around. (I have a bad habit of tossing around Lemon Pledge bombs - interesting ideas, but admittedly neither sensible nor popular. Even I know it's stupid. :shrug:)

[quote="gus, post:10, topic:33621"]
The Catholic Church Is the major obsticle to a New World Order.
This is why we are singled out by the MSM
The rest of Christainity is to fragmented to be an effective deterrent
(lambs without sheperds, only head lambs)
and Othrodox Jewry is to small. Islam is even more fragmented than Christainity.
The strenght of our Church is the Papacy
In some ways its like a flag in a nationalic country or a Supreme Court of Morality
Every Christain and Moslem should also be aware of what the Pope is saying. Even if they aren't in communion.

He is really the only thing standing in the way.

[/quote]

This is true. I have a book of Catholic Prophecies by Saints about the coming of Antichrist. Alot of Saints seem to point to the Papacy as the main road block to the evil one's world domination.

[quote="TarkanAttila, post:16, topic:33621"]
Although, I am a little confused... wouldn't it be easier for the NWO to lure in a large, homogenous body of believers?

[/quote]

They have. Take for instance the fake Catholic groups assembled by people like George Soros that seek to undermine Catholic teaching on issues such as abortion and homosexuality.

[quote="Polska, post:1, topic:33621"]
Hey Guys,

I posted this question on the "ask the apoligistic" section, but no one ever got back to me. My question was simply this:

1. What is the Catholic Church's stand on this conspiracy, the illuminati, freemasonry, and the new world order?

2. Why is it that most prominent authors of this theory seem to be protestants, which, feel that the catholic church is apart of this conspiracy theory, as a "whore of babylon", with its occult and corruption etc. (which I personally Don't agree with)

[/quote]

1) Freemasonry is condemned.

2) IMHO, Fundamentalist Protestants seem to view the Catholic Church from History as the oppressive system that collaborated with the State, in Europe, to take away what many Protestants in the US view as God given "rights". So they view any missionary work (especially by Jesuits :shrug:) not as furthering Christ's Kingdom (which they also have a flawed view of), but as world domination of the Vatican. Which, world domination, is a goal of the NWO. So they have a tendency to mesh the two together.

1) Freemasonry is condemned.

2) IMHO, Fundamentalist Protestants seem to view the Catholic Church from History as the oppressive system that collaborated with the State, in Europe, to take away what many Protestants in the US view as God given "rights". So they view any missionary work (especially by Jesuits :shrug:) not as furthering Christ's Kingdom (which they also have a flawed view of), but as world domination of the Vatican. Which, world domination, is a goal of the NWO. So they have a tendency to mesh the two together.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.