I'm 14 and all I want is to be a priest

Hi guys.Basically I want to be a priest.From the first time I served mass I've always admired the priest and wanted to do what he does. My mum and dad are relying on me for grandchildren and don't want me to become a priest. They want me to be a doctor or pilot or something like that. The problem is that my dad is catholic but hardly Is devoted and my mum isn't catholic and they don't understand my calling.
I've always felt God was calling me.
I know I'm only 14 but I'm certain that god is calling me. I have prayed for him to make it clear in my head and I believe he has. How do I go about my vocation?what should I do?
How do I know if it really is Gods will?
Please pray fro me and any advice would be fantastic.
Thanks.
BTW I live in Scotland.

Depending on when you "come of age" in Scotland, you will have to be obedient to your parents. Practice perfect obedience to them. You'll need to do that to learn obedience to your future bishop.

Can you get involved in church in ways which would be conducive to your career as a priest?

Can you go on retreats at seminaries, telling your parents that you're "recharging your sweetness batteries?" Setting foot on seminary property will go a long way to telling you if you should pursue this.

Keep your focus on Jesus and maintain interior silence. Pray the rosary daily. For your parents, is there any way to hide a Green Scapular in their room? Pray the green scapular prayer daily for their conversion.

Blessings,
Cloisters

Be respectful of your parents and be patient. You are still young yet and you will be required to live in the world quite a while before you can be accepted in the seminary.

Keep the faith, show obedience to your parents and when the time comes I'm sure it will all work out.

I can suggest of you to spend a lot of your time in prayer and meditation. Study the Scriptures and the writings of the Saints. Try and avoid sin and remain holy as your Heavenly Father is holy. Spend time in prayer in your room. Pray the Rosary and the Chaplet of Divine Mercy. Have a very deep devotion to the Blessed Virgin Mary. Above all, "Pray! Pray! Pray!"

I will keep you in my prayers, may I ask, what is your name so I can pray for you personally?

Yo have to spend some tie discerning, at your age it is very important. Your parent's support is helpful but the final choice is in your hands, listen to God.

Please keep praying and asking God to reveal your vocation. It is so wonderful to hear you are thinking about being a priest. Don't forget that this will be very hard. Sometimes the word of Christ can divide families but try to stay obedient to your parents while making your wishes known. Spend time with Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament. The Eucharist is where vocations are born.

[quote="PMC21, post:1, topic:323812"]
Hi guys.Basically I want to be a priest.From the first time I served mass I've always admired the priest and wanted to do what he does. My mum and dad are relying on me for grandchildren and don't want me to become a priest. They want me to be a doctor or pilot or something like that. The problem is that my dad is catholic but hardly Is devoted and my mum isn't catholic and they don't understand my calling.
I know I'm only 14 but I'm certain that god is calling me. I have prayed for him to make it clear in my head and I believe he has. How do I go about my vocation?what should I do?
Thanks.
BTW I live in Scotland.

[/quote]

I sent you a PM. I might be able to help.

Thanks.
BTW I live in Scotland.

[/quote]

Be obedient to Your parents in regard to the matter of your Vocation until you are 18, for then you are free to pursue a Vocation to the Church after 18. I am so happy to hear this from you!! May the SACRED HEART Bless your desire!!! May You indeed become one!!

Thanks.
BTW I live in Scotland.

[/quote]

Talk to your priest privately and let him know that you are feeling a calling and that you wish to begin discerning a priestly vocation. As you go along, pray for your parents and things may change in their hearts.

I ain't much older than you and I do know how you feel. When I was 14 all I could think was priesthood. 3 years later I can still mostly think of priesthood. Pray. Pray. And pray some more. Talk with your priest. Go to confession frequently at least once a month. God will guide you. Keep your heart open and do His will. Never forget that life is all for the glory of God. I'll pray for you and please do for the same for me.

God bless

Priez pour pape Francois

I think its absolutely wonderful that you are feeling called to the Priesthood. It is important that you keep discerning and praying. Talk to your priest and maybe he can get you involved in parish activities. At fourteen you would be considered too young. I believe its normally 21 years of age that you would accepted for possible candidate in the seminary. When you get a bit older it would be wise to talk to the vocations director and go on vocation retreats. God Bless.

Carissime frater!
May God bless you on your hard but also blessed way to priesthood.
God loves you and he won’t abandon you.

Christus nobis dicit:
Si quis vult post me venire, abneget semetipsum, et tollat crucem suam, et sequatur me!
Memora sequentia haec!

In Christo,
frater Attempto, Christus vere surrexit, alleluia!

I too am looking into the priesthood. What I suggest you do is pray to the Holy Spirit for guidance. Also, pray a novena to St. Therese the Little Flower. And be patient with your parents. My parents are the same. It seems like this is happening to both of ur to see if we truly have the vocation to the priesthood. Also, talk to your parish priest, to a vocation director, or with someone you can talk to about all this. I'm excited because I am scheduled to talk to my vocation director the 8th of May and going on a retreat for high school students on the 5th of May. If God is truly calling you to the Priesthood, He will help you. Just pray pray and pray. :thumbsup:

I have been praying for a number of years and feel I am called to the priesthood. My question is what should I do? I live in Scotland btw. Should I speak to my priest. And how do I know if I am being called?

You probably should share this with your priest, as well as your family. Although it is unlikely you would yet be accepted to a seminary due to your age, they can help your discernment process even now.

Thanks.
BTW I live in Scotland.

[/quote]

Ave Maria!

A very important thing you need to do is consecrate yourself to Our Blessed Mother, and place your vocation in Her most tender and loving hands. She is the Queen of heaven and earth, and it pleases God to give her anything She asks for, especially when it concerns something so important as the possibility of ordaining you to be a priest of God.

Your vocation is very, very precious and Our Lady will help it grow by you frequenting the Sacraments, prayer, and meditation. Strive to practice and acquire virtues, and reject the things of the world. Beg Her constantly for assistance.

Read the inspiring lives of the saints, and they will also lead you by example and intercession. Many saints have gone through what you are going through, and reading about them will help give you courage, love God more, and connect you to our triumphant brothers and sisters in heaven, the glorious saints. Ask Our Lady to help you find one who will totally inspire you and be your patron. You can even plant seeds by telling your parents about their lives.

Find the holiest priest you can, and ask for spiritual direction.

Mary, Mother of Vocations, pray for us!

In the Sacred Hearts of Jesus and Mary,

Friar John Paul

[quote="PMC21, post:14, topic:323812"]
I have been praying for a number of years and feel I am called to the priesthood. My question is what should I do? I live in Scotland btw. Should I speak to my priest. And how do I know if I am being called?

[/quote]

**Dear Brother!!

I am so glad to hear this!! May the SACRED HEART Bless You and make You a Priest and Saint for Our Holy Church!! Please get into contact with Your Vocation director as soon as possible, so that you can start the journey as quickly as possible. Above all, Keep Praying (especially the Most Holy Rosary!)!! :thumbsup: guard your heart from vice (especially impurity at your age) and Spera in DEO, Trust in GOD.

:)**

Just remembered this site: pfs.org.uk/ - apologies if you're already aware of it.

Hi. I’m 14 and I want to be a priest. What should I do? Who do I talk to ? My priest? What happens if I choose to be a priest. I live in Scotland.

Talk to your parents and then to a priest. You might also pray to St Padre Pio, he entered the Franciscans at 15.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.