I'm 14, I feel like I have a vocation?

Hi everybody, I'm 14 years old and I feel like I have a serious vocation to the religious life, particularly being a priest or brother in the Nobertine Order. Though I don't really know squat. After I graduate from High School, Should I go to college to get a degree in theology or something and then enter the seminary? I have no idea what to do at all so if somebody could tell me the steps to what I should do that would be great.

By the way, this is the website of the abbey I wish to join.

stmichaelsabbey.com

Honestly, the best thing you could do right now is to call up your diocese’s vocation’s office. Tell them your situation. I know my diocese has vocation’s retreats for high school students and maybe you could try and go to one of those. It would be a great start. Also, when you get to be a junior or senior in high school maybe try and go to the Abbey for a retreat and see how you like them. Call them and let them know that you feel you may have a vocation. You have a lot of time so pray, pray, pray. Try and go to mass and Adoration as often as you can. God bless

Jeff

Here is a link to one organization who holds Quo Vadis Days retreats for young men. Have a look and contact your Archdiocese, as JeffersonD advised. Talk to your Priest as well, as he can provide a personal history of his own call to serve.

Christ’s peace be with you.

You can never be to young I know I first felt Gods call when I was just 11 or 12 and now I am 17 almost 18 and I still feel Gods call for me to be a Carmelite nun:thumbsup:

[quote="po18guy, post:3, topic:229573"]
Here is a link to one organization who holds Quo Vadis Days retreats for young men. Have a look and contact your Archdiocese, as JeffersonD advised. Talk to your Priest as well, as he can provide a personal history of his own call to serve.

Christ's peace be with you.

[/quote]

I would definitely look into these. I have a friend discerning the priesthood who attends these, and he absolutely loves them!

God Bless!

Prayer prayer and more prayer is what I recommend, and do find a spiritual director whom you can OPEN yourself up is a must.

Also never ever let anyone tell you that your too young, many saints like St. Domingo Savio (salesian) Servant of God Faustino Medrano , SM have had 15,16 at the time of their death so don't lose hope

You have my prayers and sacrifices for your vocation

keep it up..if can be of any assistance let me know...

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.