I'm a Protestant Christian. Ask me anything!

The title says it all. Ask me anything regarding my faith and I’d love to give you a reason for why I believe what I believe and have a friendly discourse.

4 Likes

First, I would like to know which denomination you belong to as there are more than 33,000 different ones.

16 Likes

Welcome!

My question is, what brings you to CAF? :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Welcome.

Why do you believe in and practice Sola Scriptura?

5 Likes

So if I ask you anything will you answer it in a timely and honest manner?

6 Likes

the reformation was around the 1500’s, what about the first 1500 years? was the theology wrong all that time? were the church fathers wrong? what about the changes in the protestant church since Luther which is the correct protestant church and how do you know?

9 Likes

Bumping out of charity. Hopefully our newfriend didn’t forget about us.

2 Likes

Hi @nick2. Welcome to CAF! My question is this. Would you please take a look at this other thread that coincidentally started just a few hours ago (link below) and tell us what you think about the relative weight of the Gospels in comparison with the Epistles?
Thanks!

2 Likes

Regarding the first statement in the title: why?

Also, favorite ice cream flavor?

4 Likes

Why do eight of you regulars have to ask his denomination when it is already listed in his profile.

By the way, the study that shows 33,000 denominations also showed 240 Catholic denominations and we know there is only one. So an error of 240 to 1 makes 33,000 divided by 240 approximately 140 which in reality is more realistic.

11 Likes

I am a Catholic. Ask me anything. Ask any of us anything.

OK, where did Christ teach bible alone?

4 Likes

Perhaps when he first posted his alliance was NOT listed on his profile. Just something to consider before people start with “Why did you do something”?

4 Likes

Christ didn’t teach from the bible, He had first hand knowledge… with that said, does He say we can not?

What drew you to the CMA?

3 Likes

As best as I can with the time I have in my schedule given that the conversation is fruitful.

2 Likes

Excellent! Thank you for your time and answering my question. I’ll pray you come home to Rome soon. God love you!

2 Likes

What do you believe is the best music genre?

2 Likes

Jesus taught from the scriptures alone, showing us how He is the fulfillment of the law and the prophets. All of scripture points to Jesus. If we were to just follow Jesus’ example, we would only rely on the scriptures in teaching. A good example, but not the only example, is Luke 24. There, Jesus walks two disciples through the entire Old Testament, teaching about the Gospel from every book. I think that last point should answer @annad347 question more. All of Jesus’ teachings were rooted in the Old Testament.

1 Like

If Bible alone is true, then it must be in the Bible. If it’s not in the Bible, it disproves Bible alone, because it would create a paradox, as both cannot be true. Bible alone teaches that all doctrine must be explicitly found in the Bible, but Bible alone is a doctrine not explicitly found in the Bible.

4 Likes

While the 33,000 thing is nonsense (the same format provides us 220 some separate Catholic Churches), the question is valid.

2 Likes
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.