I'm afraid...

I want you to know that even if you “feel” like an outcast… you, dear Florian, are not an outcast.

Go to Mass, sit there and when you begin to feel “I am an outcast”, say to yourself “I am not an outcast. I am loved by God. I am welcome here.”

You are a very strong man. I know you can do amazing things. What you have written in your post show us how strong you are. You lived them, you recall the fear and upsetting emotions. Those are gone… those times are gone. You can let go of those emotions of what was happening at the time. Those moments you remember are over.

Speak with your doctor. Maybe some time with a therapist trained to help people who suffer such great traumas, or PTSD, can help you learn how to change those emotions and let them go.

I see God working in your lives.

You have a beautiful family.

May God bless each of you. May you find healing through God and through professionals.

St. Florian ~ Patron Saint of Firefighters ~ Pray for us.

Her doctors can continue to test her and also add various therapies. There are so many wonderful forms of therapy used by children with so many different issues.

Sometimes you have to specifically ask a doctor for another therapy, other doctors are very much ready to add another therapy… including therapy to help children with behavior.

The doctors and therapists can get the proper information to the school to be able to know what changes they may need to help your daughter through her new struggles.

Do not fear what tomorrow brings. Any problems that arise… have answers. Sometimes it takes a while to discover the answers, but there is always help.

Look at the care your daughter received in her room and during the MRI from you- what other child has her own personal trained professional at her rescue… and not just any trained professional… a father who loves her deeply.

God blessed your family through you for both your daughter and your wife.

Your angel and their angels helped you move through those experiences and take care of what needed to be done. I see amazing things in the blessings you shared with us.

Do not be afraid any longer. Know the strength God has given you and know He will continue to help your daughter in her new struggles.

What a wonderful Father you are! You saved their lives. What more could anyone want in a Father!

My dear friend, rely on God to fix things. There are problems in your family that you cannot fix and it is o.k.

In regards to your daughters brain injury, I suffered a head injury in a car accident and because of the injury I became a different person. I knew that I had become a different person and I did not like it, I too acted out. Your daughter is probably feeling the same way.

I am also a woman and through all of my challenges I just needed hugs, to feel safe, and loved especially since I had changed. You fear that you will no longer be loved because your different. You might think hugs are a small thing but they really help. Hug your wife and daughter as often as you can, even more than they want to be hugged. This creates a sense of safety for women and calms their emotional highs and lows.

My heart and prayers are with you.

Tomorrow is the feast of the Archangels. Ask them for help, and in particular, ask your guardian angel, and your daughter’s, to help you.
You are in my prayers. God bless you and your family.

I am so sorry because you have and are going through a whole lot. I will pray that God sends helpers to you so you can find some relief and begin to see some improvement in your situation. God bless you.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

:crossrc:

I am so sorry that you are having so many trials.

Regarding your being drawn to Catholicism, I would say that

I believe that God is calling you. So I would say that the answer is to move closer to God.

Regarding feeling like an “outcast”, God’ s presence does not depend on a “feeling”. Mass is important, as is daily time spent seeking God.

One benefit of seeking God is that you don’t need to face life alone. God helps us bear the burden.

My trials are different from yours; however, it always seems that God finds a way to either direct my path, or lighten my burden when life seems almost too much to bear, or if I just was feeling afraid.

I also am in a field where I deal with a lot of emergencies. I could not imagine facing work without spending time with God. That does not mean I substitute religion for training. It means that I trust God to direct my training and for that “sixth sense”.

So I would say to respond to the call, talk to a priest, attend RCIA, and learn how to seek God on your own with time in daily prayer and Bible reading. I once heard a sermon that said that the Bible is a source of strength, and I believe that. Some passages that you may find helpful include: Isaiah 45:2, 45:24, 40:31.

Good luck.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

Hail, Holy Queen, Mother of mercy, hail, our life, our sweetness and our hope. To thee do we cry, poor banished children of Eve: to thee do we send up our sighs, mourning and weeping in this valley of tears. Turn then, most gracious Advocate, thine eyes of mercy toward us, and after this our exile, show unto us the blessed fruit of thy womb, Jesus, O merciful, O loving, O sweet Virgin Mary! Pray for us, O Holy Mother of God, that we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ. Amen.

Though my situation has not changed, my outlook on it has. Thank you all for the prayers, I believe they reached the heavens. I found hope in the strangest of places yesterday, but none the less it was found. I doubt my anxiety for this situation is laid to rest, but for the time being my faith is restored. I know God is watching, and I know I have the tools to get through this. I just hope I remember this when the lights grow dim again. I am grateful for the kind words I found here. I feel blessed.

Have you contacted a priest? i agree with the others that speaking one on one with a priest will be of great help.

I started attending Mass on Pentecost. I, too, had feelings of not supposed to be there because I wasn’t Catholic. Everyone was quite kind. I ended up making an appointment with the priest for a week later and couldn’t express how helpful and caring he was. I decided to take RCIA classes and convert officially. The RCIA classes have been amazing in making me feel welcome and a member of the community.

Trust me, the Church doesn’t care that you aren’t Catholic. In fact, your interest in the faith and desire for a deep relationship with God will thrill them. It’s always a beautiful thing when another soul is called. The Church community is happy to welcome a convert. Even before they actually convert. God’s house is a place we are all welcome.

Still praying…

Hail Mary, Full of Grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women, and blest is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.