I'm back

I had a note from the mods saying that I hadn’t posted for some time on the forum. I’ve been mourning my wife who passed away on Mar 29 of non-hodgkins lymphoma just four months after being diagnosed. We have been married for 30 years, and she was a convert to the Church. Right now, I’m just wondering around in a fog trying to figure out what to do with the rest of my life.I have two part-time jobs, which I’ll keep, just to pay the fantastic hospital bills that have came in. She had insurance, which really helps. So this is what I’ve been doing. Is anyone else in a similiar situation? PM me if you have anything tell me. Dave (davy39)

Dave,

I'm so sorry to hear that your wife died. Please accept my deepest sympathy.

It might be a good idea to find out if your parish or diocese has any group or individuals that can help with bereavement.

I have just offered a prayer for you.

=davy39;6532819]I had a note from the mods saying that I hadn’t posted for some time on the forum. I’ve been mourning my wife who passed away on Mar 29 of non-hodgkins lymphoma just four months after being diagnosed. We have been married for 30 years, and she was a convert to the Church. Right now, I’m just wondering around in a fog trying to figure out what to do with the rest of my life.I have two part-time jobs, which I’ll keep, just to pay the fantastic hospital bills that have came in. She had insurance, which really helps. So this is what I’ve been doing. Is anyone else in a similiar situation? PM me if you have anything tell me. Dave (davy39)

God be with you.

Dave,

I am sorry about the loss of your wife. I am new to CAF, so I was not aware of your wife’s illness. Please accept my condolences for your loss.
Peace be with you.

praying and still praying
yes many here have similar tales to tell and have walked your path, we are with you, more important God is with you, even when he is watching your back and you don't know he is there

i am soo sorry for your loss

you are in my prayers

[quote="davy39, post:1, topic:195004"]
I had a note from the mods saying that I hadn't posted for some time on the forum. I've been mourning my wife who passed away on Mar 29 of non-hodgkins lymphoma just four months after being diagnosed. We have been married for 30 years, and she was a convert to the Church. Right now, I'm just wondering around in a fog trying to figure out what to do with the rest of my life.I have two part-time jobs, which I'll keep, just to pay the fantastic hospital bills that have came in. She had insurance, which really helps. So this is what I've been doing. Is anyone else in a similiar situation? PM me if you have anything tell me. Dave (davy39)

[/quote]

Davy,
My sympathies and condolences.

I too am caring for a terminal spouse, my Dear Lady has Alzheimer's disease, and I too wonder how I will cope when the end finally comes.

When we lost my Dad 4 years ago this month to the same disease (ALZ) I remember my mom saying that her first plan was to get up and go to morning mass as often as possible. This would get her dressed and out of the house. It seems your PT jobs are fulfilling that function. But perhaps, if your able, try to get to mass during the week. It may provide you with the additional strength and solace you need right now.

May God Bless you and Heal you of your pain.

Peace
James

Davy39, I'm so sorry for your loss. My prayers are with you. Hopefully your wonderful memories of her and your faith will carry you.:gopray2:

Dave,

I’m so sorry to hear of your wife’s passing. Four months is a very quick time to have to endure so much pain and loss.

Please allow yourself time to grieve and not worry about making decisions about the rest of your life right now. You said you are in a fog, God will help you come out of it at the right time. It’s okay to be in a fog for now. Do you have family or friends that can help you with necessary tasks and spend time with? It is good you have jobs to get you up and going each day. You’ll be in my thoughts and prayers. Praying for the repose of your dear wife as well.

God bless

Dave,
I am so sorry you are in pain, God be with you and may His Healing Grace fill and heal your heart.
I pray that our heavenly Mother’s arms embrace you and your family and the warmth and comfort bring you Peace.

Paul
:grouphug:

I am so sorry for your loss. My hear breaks for your loss.

Your in my prayers my friend.

The books of CS Lewis (A Grief Observed, Surprised by Joy) MIGHT help.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.