I'm begging you

Please, please, please pray for my marriage. I am 43 and have the most lovely wife and two daughters (11 and 8 ). I feel that for the last three years God has prepared me for this day. I have hit rock bottom in my marriage. My wife no longer wants to be married to me. We have had one of the most envied marriages I know of. This is a shocker to me and it will also be to hundreds of others.

You see, my wife has drifted away from the Lord. We are now on opposite pages. She says that she finally became strong enough to leave me and I said “no, you finally became far enough away from God to be able to do it.” I am certain that this is the problem…she resents my relationship with God. I hit rock bottom 10 days ago and God has now taken me places I never knew possible with Wisdom, Love, Peace and Faith like I can’t explain.

I had been resisting the calls of the Lord, to this magnitude, and ironically it took my wife,of all people to get me over the top. The Lord is amazing…My wife “saved” me and I believe that He now is going to use me to help “save” my Wife…This is what I believe His plan is…

I ask for you to Pray, Pray, Pray that my Wife hears the call of the Lord and opens Her Heart to the amazing invitation of God to fulfill His ultimate plan. My Family so desperately asks for and needs your prayers. Please pray for her to see and hear.

God Bless You and your Family and God Bless mine…Amen

Fishing I’m sad to learn of what has happened in your marriage. The reality of a decision by a spouse to end the marriage is very difficult as one can feel helpless. It’s heart-breaking. The other spouse has made the decision against our will so we feel helpless, so we can only do our best to handle things as wisely as possible, and as you say, pray for God’s help. I ask God to help you to handle things in any way that is wisest and healthiest. I ask God to help you and your wife to address the basic human reasons for the crisis in your marriage as well as the spiritual ones.

I will keep you and your wife and family in my prayers and daily Masses.

Fishing, Bless you for your faith and trust in God.

Dear Lord
I pray for Fishing and his wife and children. Bring them back to you and draw them near to you. Heal any divisions, fill them with your love and grace. Grant your sight and your wisdom to them, help them to stay on the path you have chosen for them. Help them to seek and to find you, sustain in each a willing spirit. Increase their faith, hope and love, draw them into ever closer union with them. Watch over them and protect them. Give them the grace to get through this difficult time and grant them your peace
Amen.

Praying for you and your family.

Will pray for you and your family.

May God hear our prayer!

Your sis-in-christ,
ROSITA

Dear Fishing,

I am sorry to hear what you are going through. I am going through a similar situation where my fiance and I were estranged about 8 months ago and cancelled all our marriage plans. I did not immediately realise what I was leaving was the only person there is in this world for me that I can have a love for that would be close to be comparable to the love I have for God. My heart turned to stone. But about 2 months ago I did feel God’s gentle nudge to push me to reconcile with my fiance. So I am sure with constant prayers to God may be he will do the same for you.

Unfortunately for me, my fiance now wants to move on. Now, his heart is like stone.

At the time when I was engaged to my fiance, Dominic and I always had arguments. At the time, I prayed to God for him to guide me to the right path and let me know whether Dominic is the right one for me. So I believe he planned for us not to get married and then for me to change my heart today for a reason. Dominic and I at the time we were engaged were both too immature to understand the true meaning of marriage in God’s eyes. We each had our problems. We were both too proud. Dominic has to learn to control his anger, respect others etc… I have to learn to be less selfish and care about him more instead of just pursuing my own career goals (see I have always thought love/marriage is only one aspect of life, and my husband does not necessarily have to be the most important thing in my life). God has certainly straightened me out since! I am still a work in progress, but I learn everyday from God by praying to him and studying his words in the bible on how to become a more holy person.

God works in mysterious ways and I certainly don’t know what the future holds but my interpretation of God’s plan is that God wants the best for me and wants the best for Dominic. Both of us have a lot to learn on how to be a better Christian, a more holy person, before we can learn how to be better for each other. As said above, I am working on improving myself so that God will bring us back together sooner. I think God still has to work on Dominic, but I know he will bring him back to me one day in the future. And why I am so certain that Dominic will come back to me? Because God has told me so through his conversations with me. The reality is that every odd is against me, Dominic won’t answer my call, I bumped into him with a new female acquaintance two weeks ago. Normally, I would have just forgotten about it and moved on but God has reassured me that it is part of his plan and that, may I put it in secular terms, Dominic just has to go through his rebounds before he knows what was God’s true gift to him.

So for me know, I just have to concentrate on improving myself and praying to God that he may also be able to soften Dominic’s heart sooner and that he may become the person that would be a true gift from God to me.

Remember God always wants to the best for you. If you pray to him, ask him with the sincerest of heart to guide you, submit yourself to him, and you know his promise to you “seek and you shall find”. He will guide you and let you know whether he just needs to do some work on you and your wife through this seperation or whether he has something else intended for you. However, you have to be careful in not blaming everything entirely on your wife, you have to remain an open mind so that God can guide you.

So everytime Dominic crosses my mind, I will pray for him, myself, you and your wife. I know that God only wants the best for us and with prayers sometimes we can mend his ears. So I will pray hard. :slight_smile:

With Love,

Kelly

Fishing…i am praying very hard that God will heal you in your situation. Know that you are not alone and others (including myself) went through similar situations. I was married for 23 years when my husband decided he “didn’t want me anymore…opting for a younger beautiful wife”…I was sure that I would never find love and felt so low. Yet God did bring me love at the time I never expected it. Stay strong…It is a hard thing to go through but I am praying very hard for you.
I like your signature…It is unique and uplifting…brought a smile to me.
Hang in there and don’t feel lost. God won’t abandon you and will get you through this.
Your loving sister in Christ.
Diane
P.S. Here’s a hug :hug1:

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Prayers for you and your family.

Hail Mary, full of Grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, mother of God, pray for us sinners now, and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Praying for you and your family…

Kelly,

Praying for you and Dominic. Your faith and your desire for becoming holy and doing God’s will certainly help you through out your life. God Bless.

I am praying for you and your family that God’s Will be done, and also for comfort for you right now.

Praying very hard for you and your family.

Praying …

From today’s Liturgy of the Hours:

Mid-morning reading (Terce) (Isaiah 10:20-21) ©
That day, the remnant of Israel and the survivors of the House of Jacob will truly rely on the Lord, the Holy One of Israel. A remnant will return, the remnant of Jacob, to the mighty God.

:gopray:

I want to thank all of you, Trishie, Kirsty33, Wardrandorlf, rsphilip, kelless, onwillowbay, St Gabriel,
Mary and R, Simon X, Baptista, marthagreys, the phoenix…for praying for us…It will take a miracle and miracles happen through faith and prayer…May God continue to Bless each and all of you

Please pray that I try to see her through God’s eyes…she is dark and lost (she is a lovely person who is hurting deeply and can be found) and wandering, snd spinning and crying for help…please pray for to have a glimmer of hope…Amen

Thank You

Heavenly Father,I ask that you help us to see those who hurt us,with your eyes.To see them as someone You created and love.Help us not to look at outward appearances,their faults and their sins,but rather,as your child.Help us to forgive as we know it hurts You when we sin or ignore you but you love and forgive us.I ask in the name of your son,Jesus.Amen.:signofcross:

Continuing prayers…

Fishing,
I can feel your pain when I read your post and I assure you that I’ll be praying for you daily. Continue to pray for an increase in the gift of wisdom, that you will be guided to make the right decisions.

Also, be assured that right now you are sharing in Our Lord’s agony as He hung on the cross. If you unite your suffering with His, you can assist in the salvation of mankind. It might not take away the pain, but it should give you a sense of peace.

God Bless,
Gary

Fishing. what beautiful and heartfelt words. God, please aswer Fishing’s prayer. Surround these two with the love of the Holy Spirit and help Fishing’s wife to know Your love and feel it in her heart. There is great struggle in their marriage and I reach out to You dear Lord to help them. In the name of the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Spirit.Amen:byzsoc:

Praying for your family!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.