Im falling into sins and doubts about the Catholic church is keeping me away from church

I know how you feel. I have realized that my prayers are no longer answered. It just seems that my faith has left me, my spirit gone within me, and my soul has disappeared. I have tried and tried to just pray and hope it comes back, but when I pray it is like I am just going with the motions, because there is no desire to pray. My love for GOD is like loving someone because you have to love them, not because you feel that love. Every day my life gets worse and worse, and despite my praying, I no longer hear GODs encouraging voice-it is like it is going on deaf ears. My prayer box is full of prayers hoping that maybe he will at least read my prayers if not hear them, but instead, they are just taking up space in the box. How am I to teach young chldren about the faith if I don’t have that faith myself anymore? I pray to rid myself of sin, and all that is happening is I am sinning more.

St. Claude of Colombiere

Prayer.

Lord, I am in this world to show Your mercy to others. Other people will glorify You by making visible the power of Your grace by their fidelity and constancy to You. For my part I will glorify You by making known how good You are to sinners, that Your mercy is boundless and that no sinner no matter how great his offences should have reason to despair of pardon. If I have grievously offended You, My Redeemer, let me not offend You even more by thinking that You are not kind enough to pardon Me.

Amen.

peace

I would go to confession and get forgiven of those mortal sins so you have a fresh start , and well keep on praying even if you don’t feel like it or want to. Pray to God and ask him for more and more of the Holy Spirit. I’m very sorry about your Father.

no not weed ,just cigarettes

thanks for your posts

i know God exists and the spiritual world exist,so i dont have thoughts that it may all be for nothing if its all ‘BS’ as u said :stuck_out_tongue:

even once using a oiujja board and seeing it work is enough to believe in the spiritual world
and my friend tells me 101 of his ghost stories that happen to him

but yes maybe ,even when you do lots of prayers everyday,whats the outcome,whats the results,sometimes its like kicking your foot into a rock that wont budge

but at least we will be doing the right thing in giving praise ,worship and glory to God who i know for sure exists and sometimes God answers YES to our prayers ,sometimes NO and sometimes just remains SILENT

maybe hes been silent with you for a while and its testing your faith and you feel like chucking it all in

well thats probably what some guy called the devil would want all christians to do-to chuck it all in and give up on church and prayer

Thanks everyone for the prayers,its helping me knowing you are all supportive and im praying to stop gambling the roulette,im hoping i dont blow all of my savings
everyday new day i feel drawn to go and play

Mary Our Lady please save me from this habit
St Francis please protect me and keep me safe from evil

Lord have mercy

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.