Im fed up with my life

I cant take it.

Satan is attacking me so hard.

I started off really well a week and a bit ago, praying three times a day. Trying to be Christ.

Well, today was it, I didnt recieve Communion because i think i have fallen so far.

I am in desperate need of help.

How do i be perfect instantly? I could die tomorrow, will what i have done be enough?

Lord Help me.

I think i need to learn patience, and humility.

Any ideas? Or any books by saints or anything?

I cant keep on falling, when I go to confession I say “through the help of your grace Almighty God I will not sin again”.

Any ideas on how to do it?

In Christ.

Andre.

I’ve got the easiest book for your to find and probably own it read the book of Job. When I get like that I simply say naked I came in naked I will return blessed be the name of God. Job is my old testament sanity.:slight_smile:

Be assured that you and your life are a gift from God to you and to all His creation. He is a perfect God and you are not His first mistake. We are not called to be Christ, for He is perfection as we shall never be perfect. Instead lower your eyes to the chalice and contemplate the acts and the time and the talent it took to locate, refine melt and mould that gold into an empty pure vessel fit to be an instrument suitable for the reception and carrying of the precious blood of Christ to others.
We are called to be a reflection of Chist. A reflection of Christ is best understood by me when I place a crucifix on a mirror. Jesus died upright for our sins for He was worthy. Peter was a reflection of Christ for he died upside down. Be humble. Be patient. Trust God will not call you one second before you are ready. Give Him your permission, every day, to make you a saint. God speed to you and the growth of your love for and in God.

[quote=Magicsilence]I cant take it.

Satan is attacking me so hard.

I started off really well a week and a bit ago, praying three times a day. Trying to be Christ.

Well, today was it, I didnt recieve Communion because i think i have fallen so far.

I am in desperate need of help.

How do i be perfect instantly? I could die tomorrow, will what i have done be enough?

Lord Help me.

I think i need to learn patience, and humility.

Any ideas? Or any books by saints or anything?

I cant keep on falling, when I go to confession I say “through the help of your grace Almighty God I will not sin again”.

Any ideas on how to do it?

In Christ.

Andre.

[/quote]

Hello my friend,

I TOTALLY understand what you’re going through. Remember my terrible trials after my Confirmation? Heck, I left the Church temporarily! The devil loved it too.:mad:

But he didn’t love it when I came back!:stuck_out_tongue:

It takes much time to be shaped into perfection. Even I asked the same thing, why can’t I be so dang perfect??? We are very impatient when it comes to pefection. We are tempted to give up and say,“heck with it!” and that’s exactly what Satan wants us to do…but how are we going to grow in virtue and holiness by giving up?

I remember hearing Fr. Corapi explain once “you know how steel is strengthened? In the fire!” so these trials could be a gift to strengthen you!

Yes, it take humility to learn and all that. And pride keeps us from doing that. I realized one time that pride keeps us from doing the Will of God and it really DOESN’T make us happy! And yes, it causes us to sin more.

What makes you keep falling back into your sins after Confession (heck, I do this all the time)?

I remember hearing a homily one time and the priest said that the reason why God let’s us “stay in this sin” so to speak is because He is trying to humble us and cling to HIm! He wants us to depend on Him, not on ourselves!

I’ll be praying for you![font=Verdana, Sans Serif, Arial][size=2][font=Comic Sans MS]unity.enya.com/images/smiles/smiles_grin.gif

Whatever you do, DON’T GIVE UP!!!
[/font][/size][/font]

I would suggest that unless you are not in a state of grace because of unconfessed mortal sin that you don’t skip receiving the Eucharist, especially when you feel the devil attacking. I believe that making you feel so unworthy that you don’t receive is one of his tricks to weaken you. None of us will ever be perfect or worthy of receiving Jesus on this Earth, it is only through His grace that we can receive. Receiving Jesus in the Eucharist will help to strengthen you against this attack. If you need to go to confession then call your priest and make an appointment today if there are no scheduled times. Tell him that you feel under attack spiritually and you really need the sacraments NOW! This is spiritual warfare and you need to arm yourself and get some back up. Ask St. Michael the Archangel for help and any other saint you can think of too.

If you are having a hard time praying, then try just closing your eyes and repeating the name of Jesus. The devil cannot stand to hear His name. Maybe you can ask a friend to pray with you or you can do the rosary or chaplet of divine mercy while watching EWTN? Even if no one is in the room with you there will be many thousands of people praying it with you around the world at that same time. I will pray for you also.

Another thing that helps me and many of my friends is to go to our church and just sit in the presence of Our Lord in the Eucharist. He is always there in the tabernacle even if He is not exposed on the altar for adoration. If you check around you might find a parish near you that has Perpetual Eucharistic Adoration where Jesus is always on the altar in a special chapel for adoration. You can just sit with Him and ask Him for peace and protection. You don’t have to know any special prayers or anything to do this.

I began adoring Jesus in our chapel before I was even Catholic. I felt the devil attacking when I was studying to be Catholic in RCIA. He does not like to lose the souls that he thinks he already has stolen. It got pretty scary some nights when I would wake feeling something evil in the room with me. I asked the Blessed Mother to pray for me and to help me to get safely to her Son through the church. I got a little book and a rosary and learned to pray it by doing it every night when I got into bed. After a little while I lost my insomnia and fear and began sleeping really well for the first time since childhood. At times I would fall asleep holding a bead and wake up finishing a Hail Mary the next morning.

I hope that you will find what you need to get you through this difficult time. Don’t be afraid to ask for help. Also try to stay active especially if you don’t know what exactly to do with your life right now. Volunteering to help others at the local food bank or through some group at your parish might help to give you some perspective on things. Maybe you will meet some new people who can help to give your life direction and help you to find your purpose. I’m sure that God has something special for you if you will be open to finding it and give Him something to work with by making an effort.

I think I know what you’re going through. I’ll keep you in my prayers, and remember Mark 4:35-41. I know this must be really difficult for you. :frowning:

You are ALIVE. Give thanks for that fact. Use your life for others in even the smallest way. Introspection is unhealthy. Be grateful for life and all that you are and have. Food, a home, clothes… All gifts from God…

My first prayer of the day , and i wake stiff and in pain always…

THANK YOU LORD, for the night that has passed, for the rest I have had… for the roof over my head… for my bed, blankets, pillows,

THANK YOU LORD, that I can walk. That my body works.

THANK YOU LORD, , for light and heat at the press of a button… for water on tap, tea/coffee, milk, food

and so on… Be positive and rest in thankfulness, We all have so much.

This thread is 10 years old…:blush: The OP has not posted on this site in 6 years.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.