I'm Going Back to School!

I’m going to go for it! :extrahappy: I’m going back to school!! I’m going Monday to turn in my application to Oklahoma City Community College! I’m going to go for Early Childhood Education. I’ll have to transfer to a 4 year school once I finish my 2 years there but I’m going to go for it! I might be 30 (i’m 23 now) before I’m done but atleast I’ll finally be doing something that I will love doing!! It’ll be alot of work but I think in the long run its going to be great. I’m a little scared but its the good scared! Now I just have to apply for all the grants and financal aid I can.

Thanks everyone for all your thoughts and encouragement. When I posted about this a few weeks back I was so confused…I didn’t know what I wanted to do. I had one of those lightbulb going off moments and now I know what I want to do. I want to teach. I’m going to go for Early Childhood Education so I can teach in an elementary school.

I’ll probably will need as much support as I can get…I’m glad I found this place where I can get all the encouragement I need!!

Love,
Keri

good for you! you have to do what you love otherwise you will not be happy.

Don’t worry about being too old. I am trying to go back to school myself next fall when i will be 28 :eek: !!!

GO KERI!

Just so you know - I am 51. Last September I received my BA degree in Business Management. I had not been to school since graduating from college in 1978…aaauuugghhh…and I did it.

God is good, all the TIME!

Yippee and good for you. An educator too - a blessing to many. Good luck with the schooling.

Don’t worry about the age issue either. Many are back in school and all from all walks and ages on their journeys. I know it was a tough decision - but a good one.

I struggled with going back for my MBA when I was 30. I talked to my wise FIL about it. I knew I’d be 37 when I finished night school. He said to me “You are gonna be 37 eventually anyway - might as well have the degree right?” Nuff said - I went back at night and through the great support of my wife and my then 1 year old son - we finished. My son was 7 when I finished and came to my graduation - I heard him in the balcony yell “That’s my Daddy!!” and to this day I still tear up just thinking about it. I’m going to his H.S. graduation on Monday night and he’s entering college in the fall. Thus is the circle and blessings of life when we work for a goal and pursue it with passion. Good luck and God Bless.

Yeah!:extrahappy:We are here for you!

Brenda V.

congrats!!! good luck and do your best. i’ve regretted being careless with my education and right now i’m working hard.

Way to go! You won’t regret it!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.