I'm having a hard time

I’m having a hard time even wanting to get up in the morning. For the first time since converting to Catholicism, I’m questioning my faith. I’ve just seen too many things that completely conflict with everything that’s right vs wrong, and I’m not sure I can keep trusting in it. Experience tells me that this is probably a satanic battle, but if so, I may be losing. I need much prayer.

Father, Send your heavenly aide to Martha to Combat the powers of Darkness.
St Michael Protect Dear Martha.

Martha, Please get up and going. Get to Mass and communion often - Daily if possible.

Remember that the Church is not a sanctuary for saints but a hospital for sinners.

If there are any specific points we can help you with let us know.

Peace
James

May God Bless you with faith. I will pray for you. Remember don’t look at what people do but what God does. Us people are not to good at doing what we should.

Lord, in your goodness pour out onto martha the fruits of your Spirit.

We ask this in the name of Jesus Christ your Son, Amen

You have my prayers right now. We all have the lowest of low points and that is when events begin cascading and our emotions run high. Stress, loss, frustrations, fear, pride and loneliness are the worst tools of the Devil and he will use them to play against your emotions. Just relax and know that others, people you do not even know care, are praying and many are going through troubled times also, Christ said, “I will be with you Always”. I feel terrible saying this because when people tell it to me sometimes; I feel like throwing it at them, but, if you can work past the initial hesitation, pick up a Rosary, clutch the cross and just pray. Remember, it’s OK to vent to God, he still loves you and can bring you clarity when you bring him your frustrations. God Bless.:confused:

St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our safeguard against the wickednes and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray and do thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host, by the power of God, cast into hell satan and all the evil spirits who prowl through the world for the ruin of souls. Amen.

Dear God, You created an immense universe with innumerable galaxies. On one small planet in a huge galaxy, You gave everlasting souls to human creatures to share in Your life. Thank You for this wondrous gift!

You gave us free will to accept or reject Your love, but many live as if they were intelligent animals intended only for this world—causing spiritual malaise. Much sorrow and damage is caused by others’ human selfishness or thoughtlessness.

Have mercy on those who, seeing the resultant evil and pain, reject You in doubt and sorrow. Let Your mercy prevail over the pleasant distractions of this world, and its difficulties and sorrows.

In our trials and sufferings, let us find You, our God. Let Your love triumph over all.

“*Let us not grow weary in well-doing, for in due season we shall reap, if we do not lose heart.” *(Galatians 6:9)

Although we have may difficulty in seeing divine action within ourselves, we have a God whose “strength does not lie in numbers, nor Your might in violent men, since You are God of the humble, the help of the oppressed, the support of the weak, the refuge of the forsaken, the saviour of the despairing.” [Judith 9:14-16]

Woman, behold your Child

Dear Mother, please intercede with the Father that I may grow in worthy fraternity with Jesus, for this kinship was His dying wish. So deep was this astonishing desire, that He bridged earth to heaven for me by the racked sufferings of His soul, mind, and body.

As His humanity strained to shattering point, He knew even then my sins and faults, which He understood and forgave even as He suffered. He knew that I do not comprehend the heinousness of offence against God or against others whom He lovingly created. He knew that I could not grasp the greatness of His act of incarnation and immolation, of His redemption of us, of me. For selfishness and worldliness dims the human soul’s limited perception regarding truth and love.

He, this suffering Being subject to all human vicissitude and weakness, was aware—with pain that deepened His own—of the anguish that filled your being and drenched your face with unconscious tears of love and distress as He died for me. He knew the depth of your pain—poignant with memories of the best of sons, of the greatest of men—loving, wise and innocent, compassionate, beloved, and vibrantly human.

Disfigured beyond recognition, He died for me in apparent failure and disgrace, yet He still asked your maternal love for me, inviting me to loving fraternity. Your love, transcending all, accepted me wholly.

Lovely Lady, pure crystal of divine glory, I humbly slip my hand in yours with obedient trust. I feel unworthy, sinful, wondering and hopeful. Why has He, this wonderful, promising, intelligent young man allowed Himself to be degraded and destroyed, emptied in loving endurance that escalates throughout indescribable torment—piercing your soul?

Why has He done this for one such as me, who am so insignificant and sinful! Yet He draws me into His household and gives me His own Mother and His divine Father.

Gentle Mother, most blessed, you were chosen from amongst all women to cooperate in the incarnation of the only begotten of the most high God! You were entrusted with His nurture, His moulding and protection from conception until the beginning of His public ministry. Now your suffering eyes are filled with love and pity that calm the shame, confusion and discouragement that might otherwise overwhelm me.

Mother, intercede that what He has done, and all that He promises, be fulfilled in me and in everyone for whom I pray. Please lead me to love your Son and our God as He has loved and to cherish others with such love. Lead me to give my paltry all to Him in humble, obedient, creative service. Let this small gift be blessed in your maternal love for me and in the intercession of the entire heavenly household. Thus may I live for His glory, offering atonement, gratitude and petition for us poor sinners—so that His joy and delight in me, and yours, is as great as His suffering for me, and yours.

Mother as gift to Him for such undeserved love, please obtain of the Father, that whenever Jesus looks upon me He knows only gladness, finding in me for Himself…the pleasure of an innocent child…the love and nurture of Nazareth with you…the intimacy and repose of a perfect Bethany. Let Him know with thrilled awareness, that His blood and torment, and your tears, are not wasted to me nor to souls whom His salvation reaches through me.

The grieving heart

Dear Mother Mary, please comfort this grieving heart in the waves of pain that frequently engulf it. Sustain it when dark mourning closes out all light of comfort and hope, and when prayer seems no longer possible. Obtain the gentle understanding and warm companionship of others to nurture the stricken heart and lead it towards hope and new life. Sustain it with faith and bring it to true generosity of spirit even in its sorrow.

You deeply experienced the laceration of suffering and bereavement, Mother. It entered and filled your Son’s life, piercing your soul, echoing through all your years. You watched your beloved Child follow a path that led to His earthly annihilation. Grieving, you were powerless to murmur or to prevent Him who must be about His divine Father’s affairs. You suffered, prayed, and loved in silent faith, as so many parents must.

Like innumerable mothers throughout the ages, you watched with anguish the struggling progress of your Son’s destiny, amid rising danger of circumstance and others’ opposition. Finally, you beheld as others’ selfishness, unbelief, ambition, fear and pride, destroyed Him who only loved them and sought their salvation.

He hung there, your boy, cruelly nailed, struggling for breath and faith. You helplessly watched life drain from His pure, loved body as His struggle deepened in pain, fever and weakness. You would have protected Him whom you loved in excruciating intensity, but you could never choose to betray the divine intention that entrusted Him to you. “Your will be done!” your being replied endlessly with His to the divine Father.

Have pity on the anguished helplessness issuing from inability to alleviate the sufferings of dear ones.

Mother crucified of heart, as we suffer with our dear ones’ pain and grief, please obtain for us such courage, obedience and selflessness as your own and His, so that the highest will of divine love shall be fulfilled in each of our lives.

Mother have pity on that terrible grief, that chasm of loss, the emptiness that stretches before the bereaved as they embrace their ravaged loved ones in their desolate hearts, as you have done. Let them find hope in Your dead son’s resurrection even when their hearts are still frozen with grief.

If you leave the Catholic Church my dear sister who has suffered so much following dreadful injuries both to your son and your daughter, where will you find the comforting arms and the intercession of the Mother Jesus gave us from the Cross, and who was able to intercede for a miracle for the hosts of the wedding feat of Cana, though, as Jesus at first protested, it wasn’t yet time for miracles…so powerful is her prayer to her Son.

**Please forgive the weaknesses of those in the Church who failed you and your children in your need. Please, do not compound their failures by heaping the guilt of their being the trigger for your leaving the apostolic Catholic Church, rather, please recognise their need for prayer in their failures.

May God help you to overcome the depression that you appear to be suffering. May God guide you to help**

With love, Trishie

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.
Amen.

Lord, may no one or no thing get in the way of Martha’s faith in you. I pray that Martha gets up and goes to Mass - daily, if possible - and if she doesn’t like her parish a lot may she seek out another one, if this is necessary. May no person or event ever disturb her faith in you; may her love for you be governed alone by the Holy Spirit working in her. She is going through a mean trial of temptation to get her to grow in faith - to exercize her spiritually. May she meet with a good, holy priest to talk and get some spiritual direction and assistance from him. May she be filled with your Holy Spirit, Lord, and assisted at this time of desolation. Grant her perseverance, Lord, and grant her the graces she needs to get up to attend the Mass. She needs those graces from the Eucharist now more than ever. May she persevere and remain faithful despite her feelings of resistance. May she pray each day to you and ask you to be with her in a special way and may she pray to you to keep true to her faith. Thank you, Lord, for hearing my prayer. Amen.

St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our safeguard against the wickednes and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray and do thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host, by the power of God, cast into hell satan and all the evil spirits who prowl through the world for the ruin of souls. Amen.

I have to sleep tonight. I work very early in the morning and I must be able to focus, yet I’ve been tossing and turning for a couple of hours. I feel completely empty, and I know this could be a long battle, and I have to at least function while I’m working through it all. thanks in advance for the help.

St Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle, be our safeguard against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him we humbly pray and do thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host, by the power of God, cast into hell satan and all the other evil spirits who prowl through the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.

*martha, i’m sorry you’re struggling. Please accept my prayers, and if you ever need to talk, please pm me. God bless. *

Have just returned home from out of town and you’re the first person here I’m praying for tonight.

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Dear God, You created an immense universe with innumerable galaxies. On one small planet in a huge galaxy, You gave everlasting souls to human creatures to share in Your life. Thank You for this wondrous gift!

You gave us free will to accept or reject Your love, but many live as if they were intelligent animals intended only for this world—causing spiritual malaise. Much sorrow and damage is caused by others’ human selfishness or thoughtlessness.

Have mercy on those who, seeing the resultant evil and pain, reject You in doubt and sorrow. Let Your mercy prevail over the pleasant distractions of this world, and its difficulties and sorrows.

In our trials and sufferings, let us find You, our God. Let Your love triumph over all.
“*Let us not grow weary in well-doing, for in due season we shall reap, if we do not lose heart.” *(Galatians 6:9)

Although we have may difficulty in seeing divine action within ourselves, we have a God whose “strength does not lie in numbers, nor Your might in violent men, since You are God of the humble, the help of the oppressed, the support of the weak, the refuge of the forsaken, the saviour of the despairing.” [Judith 9:14-16]

Our Father Who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name.
Thy kingdom come.
Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us.
Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Hail, Mary, full of grace! The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women.
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now.
and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless,
and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible,
look kindly upon us, and increase Your mercy in us,
that in difficult moments we might not despair, nor become despondent,
but with great confidence submit ourselves to Your holy will,
which is love and mercy itself. Amen

May God please help you to recover. Love, Trishie

Our Father Who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name.
Thy kingdom come.
Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us.
Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Hail, Mary, full of grace! The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women.
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now.
and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless,
and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible,
look kindly upon us, and increase Your mercy in us,
that in difficult moments we might not despair, nor become despondent,
but with great confidence submit ourselves to Your holy will,
which is love and mercy itself. Amen

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.