I'm having an abortion...

I found out I am pregnant yesterday. I scheduled an abortion for Wednesday.

I know that this is horrible, that I will regret it, and I hate myself - but I have no choice. The alternative is just not an option. All I can think about is if God will ever forgive me…

Why is the alternative not an option?

God loves you, and the baby inside of you. You know He won’t give you anything you can’t handle! Open your heart to God, and he will give you the strength to bring this beautiful human being into the world!

I beg of you to please reconsider. At the very least talk to someone about it. If you would be willing actually, could you please explain why the alternative is not an option?

I know there are many resources and that the wonderful people here will immediately be able to lead you to them. I just wanted to reply before doing research.

I am praying for you. There is no situation that Our Lord can not get you through, Please put your faith into him. It may seem unsurvivable now, but look down the road a couple of years. How will you feel about your choice either way? Please know that there are many, many people who can help you. All you have to do is ask.

You and your baby will be my main focus of prayer.

Of course God will forgive you, but will you be able to forgive yourself… but I’m pleading with you to call a pregnancy resource center to get some help!!!

priestsforlife.org/crisis.html
OptionLine

Option Line consultants refer each caller to a pregnancy resource center in her area for answers to questions about abortion, pregnancy tests, STD’s, adoption, parenting, medical referrals, housing, and many other issues. The toll-free number is available to callers 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Callers from across the country can reach a trained, caring person and then be connected to a pregnancy resource center near them for one-on-one help. Option Line is a call center located in Columbus, Ohio, formed as a joint venture between Care Net and Heartbeat International.

1-800-395-HELP or E-Mail

Birthright

Birthright has a network of almost a thousand pregnancy help centers throughout the United States, These centers offer pregnancy testing, counseling, and resources, including medical, financial, and personal assistance. The Birthright philosophy is that a woman coming in for help does not represent a “statistic”, or an “issue,”, but is rather a human being looking for help and support in a time of need. In addition to pregnancy help services, Birthright also provides links to doctors and others in the local community who can help a woman after the birth of her child.

1-800-550-4900

National Life Center

National Life Center’s 24-hour hotline directs you to the closest Crisis Pregnancy Center in the United States and Canada.

1-800-848-LOVE

Bethany Christian Services

Bethany Christian Services is one of the nation’s leading providers of adoption and crisis pregnancy support information. They operate a national hotline which is active from 8 AM to 12 PM, 7 days a week. This hotline routes callers to one of 56 local offices which can then provide local and regional information.

On-going education and support for parents are offered through our adoption support services. Bethany acknowledges that adoption is a life-long process and that adoptive families sometimes have unique issues and concerns. Bethany’s adoption pre-screening and placement program is one of the most recommended in the country, and they have placed more than 11,000 children in adoptive homes. In addition, Bethany provides good community-based follow-up, both for women who choose adoption or who raise their child themselves.

1-800-BETHANY

The Nurturing Network

Some 32,000 volunteer member resources nationwide provide individually tailored practical support to college and working women with unplanned pregnancies including counseling, medical, residential, educational, employment and financial resources.

Several Sources Foundation

Several Sources Foundation provides a 24-hour crisis pregnancy help line which can connect any caller to their local pregnancy help resources, including Catholic Charities, Lutheran Social Services, and others. Their database of pregnancy help resources is one of the most complete in the nation. See for yourself at their great website!

1-800-662-2678

Gabriel Project

From the Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston, Dr. Marcella Colbert directs this Catholic ministry that evangelizes and saves lives, using the local parish as the haven in which women who are pregnant and in need can hear an echo of Gabriel’s message, “You have nothing to fear!”

Abortion is not the answer. It will not make things better. There IS help for you!!! PLEASE! Prayers for you and your unborn baby.

There are several reasons:

1. We are just not ready yet.
  2. I have an eating disorder - I am not in the emotional, mental, and physical health to have a baby right now
  3. I am currently on ST disability from my employer because I am getting treatment for my eating disorder - and I can only take so much time in a 12 month period.
  4. We are in a pile of debt - and financially it would be impossible.
  5. I would be due early April - and with my work schedule - that is the worst time possible. My husband and I always talked about him finding a new job when we decided to have kids - as we need something more flexible and he is just not ready to leave his job yet.

Numbers 2-4 are our main reasons. This is a very scary situation for me - my husband is scared to death about how this is all going to effect me and my trying to recover.

This is why we cannot go through with this. It is just not possible.

There are several reasons:

1. We are just not ready yet.
  2. I have an eating disorder - I am not in the emotional, mental, and physical health to have a baby right now
  3. I am currently on ST disability from my employer because I am getting treatment for my eating disorder - and I can only take so much time in a 12 month period.
  4. We are in a pile of debt - and financially it would be impossible.
  5. I would be due early April - and with my work schedule - that is the worst time possible. My husband and I always talked about him finding a new job when we decided to have kids - as we need something more flexible and he is just not ready to leave his job yet.

Numbers 2-4 are our main reasons. This is a very scary situation for me - my husband is scared to death about how this is all going to effect me and my trying to recover.

This is why we cannot go through with this. It is just not possible.

Oh, I am crying for you! Please, please don’t go through with it!!! Call your local Catholic Charities, find a crisis pregancy group in your area and talk with them about your alternatives. So many issues can be resolved if you ask for help–financial, physical health, mental health.

I will be praying for you.

Lord, I rejoice
that nothing
can come between me and your love,
even when I feel alone or in difficulty,
when in sickness or am troubled. (Rom 831-39)
Even if attacked or afraid,
‘no abyss of mine is so deep
that your love is not deeper still’. (Corrie Ten Boom)
Lord,
you have experienced many hells of this world
but descended so that you can lift us up.
Be always near.

#2 is a valid concern, the others are not. Please get some help. You feel you can’t handle any more in a 12 month period, what do you think this is going to do to you? If you feel you are not ready to become parents, then give the baby up! There are many people who would love your child. There is never a good reason for an abortion, ever! Please reconsider and get help!

Hello, thank you for taking the time to come here and share your story.

I am guessing you are having some reservations, because otherwise you would have just gone to your appointment without posting on a Catholic website.

Here you will get lots of advice not to abort…but you probably already knew that, perhaps in the back of your mind it is what you are seeking?

What you may not have expected is the love and prayers that will be going out to you. I too will be praying for you and your life and the soul that God has entrusted to your care. Truely you must feel “trapped” and that is what is driving your decision. Jesus loves you so much and he loves your baby too. Take time to relax and reflect on God and his love for you.

I have not had an abortion but have experienced miscarriage, one just recently. I can tell you that the feeling of a soul leaving your body is a devastating one. You are the perfect mommy for this baby, please know we are all praying for you. I hope you find the help that you need. God bless and take care as best as you can.

Ma’am, I implore you-You will regret it. Please look into other alternatives…

We love you here, and we’ll pray for you.

Mega hugs and kisses.

Have the baby and then put it up for adoption then, killing the baby is evil and you will be excommunicated for been a murderer.

It is better for the baby to live and be brought up by adoptive parents than to be murdered in your womb.

Please don’t take this step. You can’t take it back. You just found out you’re pregnant; you haven’t had time to really think about it without the influence of the fear you feel. You have some time; please, please wait awhile to make a decision.

I agree with all of the posters in this thread, and especially with the above.

Please remember:

“Before I was born the LORD called me; from my birth he has made mention of my name.” ~Isaiah 49:1

Psalm 139
For the director of music. Of David. A psalm.
1 O LORD, you have searched me
and you know me.
2 You know when I sit and when I rise;
you perceive my thoughts from afar.

3 You discern my going out and my lying down;
you are familiar with all my ways.

4 Before a word is on my tongue
you know it completely, O LORD.

5 You hem me in—behind and before;
you have laid your hand upon me.

6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
too lofty for me to attain.

7 Where can I go from your Spirit?
Where can I flee from your presence?

8 If I go up to the heavens, you are there;
if I make my bed in the depths, [a] you are there.

9 If I rise on the wings of the dawn,
if I settle on the far side of the sea,

10 even there your hand will guide me,
your right hand will hold me fast.

11 If I say, “Surely the darkness will hide me
and the light become night around me,”

12 even the darkness will not be dark to you;
the night will shine like the day,
for darkness is as light to you.

13 **For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother’s womb. **

14 **I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well. **

15 My frame was not hidden from you
when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,

16 **your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me
were written in your book
before one of them came to be. **
17 How precious to me are your thoughts, O God!
How vast is the sum of them!

18 Were I to count them,
they would outnumber the grains of sand.
When I awake,
I am still with you.

19 If only you would slay the wicked, O God!
Away from me, you bloodthirsty men!

20 They speak of you with evil intent;
your adversaries misuse your name.

21 Do I not hate those who hate you, O LORD,
and abhor those who rise up against you?

22 I have nothing but hatred for them;
I count them my enemies.

23 Search me, O God, and know my heart;
test me and know my anxious thoughts.

24 See if there is any offensive way in me,
and lead me in the way everlasting.

Before we were born God knew we were to be. Certainly God never meant for us to be accidents of a momentary passion; that is man’s sin. Every life is significant to Him for He died for that life. What a pity that we are to the place where we find babies in trash bins! This verse alone should tell us how very important we are in His plans. We were called, we were named and we were claimed, even before we were born! That’s a wondrous thought and an awesome responsibility. “God created [us] in his own image…male and female he created [us]” (Genesis 1:27). We didn’t come swinging into this world, with no purpose for being.

He has a job for us to do that no one else can do on this earth. “Who knows but that you have come…for such a time as this?” (Esther 4:14); “There came a man who was sent from God” (John 1:6). First things first: recognize the Creator and Redeemer, and then life becomes livable and likeable. Otherwise, if we don’t credit God with the miracle of what and why and who we are, then the miracle is that we can live a worthwhile life at all.

~source: ezinearticles.com/?God-Knew-Me-in-the-Womb&id=196359

Don’t despair – you can get the help you need for your eating disorder and the rest will be OK. It might not be easy, but it will be worth it and you will be so glad you gave your child life!

We are all praying for you. Please contact one of the resources listed by some of the other posters – help is there.

:crossrc: :hug1:

1. How can anyone ever truly be “ready” for a child? It is not a question of being “ready”, it is a question of accepting God’s grace and putting your Faith in Him that He will take care of you. And He will.

2. This is a valid concern, but I think first of all you should consult a doctor about this. You are most likely not in any kind of position to make accurate assumptions about if you are healthy enough to have a baby. And aside from which, bringing a life into this world is more important than any mental or health concerns can be.

3. A human being’s life is vastly more important than a job issue.

4. Once again, Life is so much more important than money. And besides, to say it is financially impossible is just plain not true. If you live in the U.S., there is always enough money for you to survive on. You will not have all the luxuries you would have otherwise, but to choose a bit more frills for yourself over the life of a child is selfish.

5. Again, Life is so much more important than work.

One thing that struck me in your original post is, “I know it’s wrong, I know I will regret it”

Well then why in the world would you go through with it? It is illogical and absurd to do something you know you will regret.

I know you are scared. Having a child, especially in a difficult situation will always be scary. It might be the scariest thing you ever go through. But God never said ANYWHERE that life would be easy. He never said doing the right thing was easy. If life were easy and everything worked out perfectly, well there wouldn’t be much point. But if you trust in Him when things seem dark and dangerous, think about how much more that shows that you Love him than by running away when life gets hard? Ultimately I know for an absolute fact that the joy that bringing a life into this world will bring will far outshine any problems you and your husband will face. You should be thankful that you have a husband and that you live in a nation where even the poorest people can get by. Compared to many, you in a perfect situation to have a child.

I know when my mom got pregnant with me, she was in a very bad situation. She had little money, was recently divorced, and my father was a drug addict and a convict. She had a lot more reason to have an abortion than most women, but she chose life. And you have no idea how thankful I am for her making that tough but right decision. That decision not only obviously has allowed me to have a blessed life, but it has allowed me to help others in my life. So please don’t think of yourself and how difficult it will be for you, think of your child, and think of the lives your child will effect.

Know that you are in my prayers. Have Faith!

It’s absolutely possible, otherwise you wouldn’t have gotten pregnant. It’s a mortal sin to take an innocent life, and you will have excommunicated yourself from the Church. And you will have to live with the thought that you killed your own child in your womb, the place where he or she should be the safest.

I agree with Leonius…Have the baby and put it up for adoption if that’s your only option. I know you can find someone who will take her…Heck, we’ll even take her. I’m serious, just please don’t kill your baby.

Please, please reconsider this decision to end your child’s life. My heart goes out to you and your circumstances with health and finances. You must feel so overwhelmed and alone right now. Please reach out to those resources many posters provided. You may come into contact with others who have walked this path before you.
We just lost our baby boy through miscarriage last week. He was 13.5 weeks. I have offered my suffering up in reparation for abortions. Please research alternative methods so that this offering is not in vain.
I will be praying intently for you.

God Bless your mother! Abundantly!

To PatsWife:

Abortion is a selfish act. What you would be saying is “All the concerns of my life are far greater than your life my son/daughter. Therefore I will destroy your life to make mine easier.”

But will your life be easier? No. You will just be adding to your misery. You have already said you know you will regret it.

Only God can ease your misery. And perhaps, just perhaps, the life inside you is, in some way, his answer to your suffering. How can we know God’s will?

Love your child enough to let them live, and in the next few months, should you not be able to sustain the child, and your condition (financially and physically) has not changed, place her/him up for adoption. You will receive grace for this.

Why would you come and post this on a CATHOLIC forum??? :mad: Is it htat you want help and are trying to find a good “excuse” not to do it? BECAUSE IT"S MURDER!!!

Yes, I’m going to be battered here by people, but I have no respect for those who do this w/o thinking about the consequenses. Your reasons sound lame. I’m sorry.

I feel bad for those who are misinformed or forced to do it, and I sympathize with them, but just because you don’t think it’s the right time??? When is it the right time??? NOBODY is ever ready for a baby. If you wait for the “right time”, you’re never going to have children. The only “excuse” you have going for you is your eating disorder, but please, why kill your baby? Why have sex if you don’t want a baby? Sex can equal baby!!! That’s why God made us this way, to procreate and to get close to our husband/wife. Yes, you can avoid pregnancy, but consciously doing that to you our son or daughter???

I will pray for you to reconsider your child’s life and will keep that poor little baby in my prayers every day he/she is alive. :crying: Gosh, all you could do is place him/her for adoption if you don’t want the baby.

Please don’t do this. Please. It’s your baby, God gave you him/her on purpose, for a very special reason. If you can’t raise the child, then put them up for adoption. There are many families that want to raise a child- my cousin is adopting right now, in fact.

I have a few mental disorders myself. I have depression and OCD. It makes day to day life quite hard. But I’m still planning my life, living it, because everything works out due to God’s plan. Believe in Him. He is The Lord, and knows everything about you and your husband and your child already. He knows what He’s doing.

You’re married, have jobs, have each other, have The Lord. You can get through this. Perhaps wanting to be healthy for your child will help you through the eating disorder. You are never given more than you can handle- lean on your husband, lean on God. Lean on us.

An abortion will not make it better. Please, for both your sakes, let your baby live.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.