I'm home!

My husband and I were confirmed into the Catholic Church last night and had our first Eucharist. What an amazing experience! The Easter Vigil service was pretty amazing, and being able to finally partake in communion after all this time… … :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

I’m just glad to be home! Happy Easter everyone!!

Praise God and congratulations!

Fantastic! Praise be God and Congrats!:slight_smile:

Congratulations! I was baptized last night. And I just got back from Easter Mass.

We praise and thank you Lord, Alleluia…Alleluia! :gopray:

I know how you feel. :smiley: Coming home for me is all still sinking in, I think.

Praise God and congratulations! My son-in-law came home last night also. Last year my husband also came home. God is gathering the people unto Himself and it is wonderful to behold.:thumbsup:

Congratulations and welcome home :extrahappy:

Congratulations! We are so happy you have joined us in His Church!!! :thumbsup:

Congratulations and Happy Easter! Last night’s Easter Vigil really was an incredibly amazing experience, being Confirmed and finally being able to receive Communion. Thanks be to God for leading us to this.

Congratulations to all who came Home yesterday!

Congratulations to you all :slight_smile: If it’s all going how I (and God of course ;)) planned i will be a graduate of the Tiber Swim Class '10. I plan to start my RCIA very soon and I’m very much looking forward to it :slight_smile:

Best wishes with RCIA! It’s a great process.

Congratulations!!! Welcome home.

:clapping::extrahappy::clapping:

A beautiful verse from Scripture for you:

So then
you are no longer strangers and sojourners,
but you are fellow citizens with the saints
and members of the household of God,
built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets,
Christ Jesus himself being the cornerstone,
in whom the whole structure is joined together
and grows into a holy temple in the Lord;
***in whom you also are built into it ***
for a dwelling place of God in the Spirit.

Letter of St. Paul to the Ephesians, 2.19-22

And again i must oppose myself to those common misunderstandings, the moment a person is welcomed home, IS NOT at easter vigil mass, it is when they say their personal yes to the Lord and are accepted as catechumens by the church.

Easter vigil is the moment of full communion with the church, but should not be taken for a “we and them” situation.

St Pauls words refers to the moment a person accept Christ as lord, not when they are fully in communion with the church.

1249 Catechumens “are already joined to the Church, they are already of the household of Christ, and are quite frequently already living a life of faith, hope, and charity.” “With love and solicitude mother Church already embraces them as her own.”

scborromeo.org/ccc/para/1249.htm

Congrats, to both of you. I also came home at Easter Vigil. :thumbsup:

Well, technically, I was a candidate, not catechumen, and had already been baptized years ago… so I had already said yes to Christ back then. :wink:

This is very beautiful! Thank you.

Well, count me in! I too was received into the Church at the Easter Vigil just last Saturday. :slight_smile:

I am still trying to convince myself I’m really a Catholic! I’m afraid I’m going to wake up and find out I’m just dreaming! :eek: (Somebody pinch me, please!)

I had this exact thought earlier on. :rotfl: I’m still trying to get my head around everything thats happened (and the fact I’ve received the Eucharist twice already, which boggles the mind).

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.