I'm Homeless!!!!

Please keep me in your prayers! My mother threw me out of the house :(. She said she does not want to deal with me because I complain too much. Expressing my opinion about a movie or a person is considered complaining. My father also mocks me about everything (my nationality, my faith, my interests etc.) and because I don’t like this is another reason. I have no job but I am looking. I am only 20 with no work experience and this fact is making it harder for me to find a job. I have a place to stay for a few days but after that I don’t know what to do. Please pray that I find a job and that I find a place to stay!!! Thank you.

bpcatholic

Wow :frowning: My prayers for you.

Get in touch with anyone and everyone who can help accomodation-wise - Salvation Army, St Vincent de Paul, your priest should be able to refer you to whatever other places are around.

bpcatholic,

As a young person I had to deal with a brother who wasn’t kind, and as a father of three boys, I’ve had to put up with a lot of gruff because of the prevailing culture that doesn’t mind having an attitude about everything and feels it is owed everything.

Having said that, if in three days you do not find the answers you seek, my suggestion is that perhaps God is allowing you to be humbled to realize that the student (you, me, all of us) isn’t greater than the teacher (Jesus), and that just as he had to suffer nails and bit his tongue in order to redeem the world, perhaps you may have to do the same in order to live out your faith genuinely and love your parents even when you find their ways or opinions or likes/dislikes different from your own. Remember what it says in Scripture. We cannot love the God whom we cannot see, if we will not love the brother or sister (or in this case mother and father) whom we can see. Love isn’t about feelings, personal opinions or likes/dislikes - its about what you do and are willing to do for the sake of the conversion of yourself and the other.

Heavenly Father, please I beg of you, grant bpcatholic the grace needed for her to find and accept the answers you are offering to her prayers. Whether the answer is yes, no, maybe but not now, or I’ve got a better idea, help her Lord to be completely open to your wisdom and obedient to your will. Please grant her needs be met for shelter, food, employment, acceptance, and conversion and please grant her a reconcilliation with her parents - all of this I ask unto your glory in the name of Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

Our Father who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name.
Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, forever and ever. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and in the hour of our death. Amen.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.

So I guess your father isn’t your same nationality?

Hmm…complaining is a pretty dumb reason for throwing you. I can understand them throwing you out for doing something you shouldn’t be doing (e.g., sex, drinking, drugs etc.)

That really sucks. I hope they let you back in pronto!

I’d be curious to hear your parent’s side of the story.

Holding you in my prayers.

I’m so sorry to hear about this, bpcatholic! My prayers are with you.

Hail Mary,
Full of grace,
The Lord is with thee
Blessed art thou among women,
And blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.

Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
Pray for us sinners,
Now and at the hour of our death.

Praying hard

HI I will remember you very much in my prayers, both for your situation now and that the future gets brighter for you.
I am on my way out to Mass and will say a special prayer for you and get my friend to join me. I will remember you every day.

May Jesus and His Blessed Mother hold you in the palm of their hands.

God Bless you. :slight_smile:

Our Father, Who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth, as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
And forgive us our trespasses,
As we forgive those who trespass against us.
Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Prayer to Our Lady of Mount Carmel

O Beautiful Flower
of Carmel
Most Fruitful Vine,
Splendor of Heaven,
Holy and Singular!
Who brought forth the
Son of God
remaining a pure Virgin,
Assist me in this necessity!

O Star of the Sea!
Help and protect me!
Show me that
Thou art my Mother!

Act of Charity
from the Raccolta

O my God, because Thou art the highest and most perfect good, I love Thee with my whole heart, and above all things; and rather than offend Thee, I am ready to lose all things else; and moreover for Thy love I love and desire to love my neighbour as myself.

Memorare
of St. Bernard

Remember, O most gracious virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help or sought your intercession was left unaided. Inspired with this confidence, I fly to you, O virgin of virgins, my mother. To you I come, before you I stand sinful and sorrowful. O mother of the word incarnate, do not ignore my petitions but in your mercy hear and answer me.

St. Joseph, remember the flight of the Holy Family into Egypt, and pray for those in the wilderness. Amen.

Keeping you in my prayers. Try to talk to a priest and see what organizations and resources are available to you. Is there any way you can sit down with your parents and have a CALM face to face conversation with them? I had a similar situation with my son but it was related to his drug use and I made him leave our home. He was homeless and it breaks my heart but I had to do it. His drug use and abusive behavior was destroying my life. NOW he is still on drugs and even though I did at one point help him get to counselling he just quit going. He chose drugs over all else. Unless he WANTS help…nobody can do anything. It’s hard that a parent would do this just because views are different…what type of views? What was your home situation like? Praying for you…Diane

Thank you all for your continued prayers and advice!

My father is American and mother is German. I was born in Germany. Since I take pride in my heritage, my father accuses directly or indirectly of me being a Nazi, which can’t be farther from the truth.

I have tried talking to them. When I do, it’s considered complaining. I am a convert to the faith and I am discerning the priesthood. Neither of my parents support this, especially the priesthood and this is making things worse.

Again, thank you for your prayers!

bpcatholic

Also, I don’t do drugs. I don’t cause any trouble with the law or anyone else, which makes it harder for me to understand why she did this.

bpcatholic

Posted By bpcatholic
Re: What do you think is the hardest thing for people to accept about Jesus?

The fact that Jesus tells us to give up everything and follow Him. People still want control of their lives as much as possible.

Praying from today’s Liturgy of the Hours:

Psalm 92 (93)
The magnificence of the Creator

The Lord reigns! He is robed in splendour. Alleluia.

The Lord reigns! He is robed in splendour,
clothed in glory and wrapped round in might.
He set the earth on its foundations:
it will not be shaken.
Your throne is secure from the beginning;
from the beginning of time, Lord, you are.

The rivers have raised, O Lord,
the rivers have raised their voices.
The rivers have raised their clamour.
Over the voices of many waters,
over the powerful swell of the sea,
you are the Lord, powerful on high.

All your promises are to be trusted:
and holy is your habitation,
O Lord, to the end of time.

Glory be to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit,
as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be,
world without end.
Amen.

The Lord reigns! He is robed in splendour. Alleluia.

I’m sad about your situation, and will keep you in my prayers and Masses.

I just got back from mass and kept you especially in my prayers. Trust in God. He won’t let you down. I was at my worst low ever in my life and losing faith slowly asking why me…why me…God did not let me down and I know He won’t let you down either. Hang in there…Pray often and I’ll keep you in my own personal prayers as well. God Bless You my dear friend. Diane

Praying!

Not to sound harsh because I’m sure I don’t have all the details, but maybe moving out is the way to go. Perhaps this is God’s way of setting you on your own path. Without taking sides, it doesn’t sound like you have all that healthy a relationship with your parents. As a 20 year old adult, maybe you needs some distance from them.

Our Father, Who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth, as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
And forgive us our trespasses,
As we forgive those who trespass against us.
Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.