I'm in trouble...

I’m harassed by temptations left and right, like you wouldn’t believe! Things are eating away at me! I feel like I have no one to trust! I’m doing the Marian Consecration on the 31st, and there is no priest available, if I fall into to mortal sin, that’s it!

Please pray, and encourage me to turn to Our Lord and Our Lady!

Praying to St. Michael the Archangel to watch over & protect you.

Praying for you.

May all the holy angels, and our Blessed Mother be with you!

Jesus…I trust in You!

Stay strong. Praying the novena prayer of Our Lady of Mount Carmel for you. You might like to pray it, too.

O most beautiful Flower of Mount Carmel, Fruitful Vine, Splendor of Heaven, who brought forth the Son of God still remaining a Virgin, assist us in this necessity.
O Star of the Sea, help us, and show us that you are our Mother.

O Holy Mary, Mother of God, Queen of Heaven and earth, we humbly ask you from the depths of our heart to help us in this necessity. There are none who can withstand your power.
O show us that you are our Mother.

O Mary, conceived without sin, pray for us who have recourse to thee. Sweet Mother, we place this cause in your hands. Amen.

Flos Carméli

Many people express this sort of thing on CAF - it seems almost on a daily basis.
Catholics are often isolated - feeling alone. Human support is needed. This forum is ok, but not enough. What is needed is more personal support via a phone call. An accountability partner is the way to overcome these temptations and sins.
My suggestion for Catholic Answers is to seek volunteers who would be willing to serve God in this capacity - with a telephone ministry for those suffering temptations (or perhaps addictions to vice, which is so common these days).
The telephone ministry could be a private forum where a list of accountability partners would be available for anyone who needs to talk and needs to open up about temptation they’re suffering from at the moment. It’s like a crisis hot-line. Some prayer and good conversation can do wonders – and help the sanctification of many, many people.

Just a thought for Catholic Answers to consider.

Hail Mary, full of grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
And blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
Pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death,
Amen.

Remember, O most blessed Virgin Mary,
That never was it known,
That anyone who fled to thy protection,
Sought thy intercession,
Or asked thy help was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, we fly unto thee,
O Virgin of Virgins,
Our Mother.
To thee we come,
Before thee we kneel,
Sinful and sorrowful.
O, Mother of the Word Incarnate,
Despise not our petitions,
Especially the petition of Yehoiakhin,
But in thy mercy,
Hear and answer them.
Amen.

Our Lady, Undoer of Knots, Pray for Us!
Saint Jude, Pray for us!
Saint Louis de Montfort, Pray for us!
Saints Jacinta and Francisco and Servant of God Sister Lucia, Pray for us!

Some people on the forum suffer from mental health conditions, and they would need to speak to a mental health professional. It would be too easy for people to think the support was counseling.

I think there might even be legal ramifications, like if a person who is suicidal is at the end of the line, for instance.

Praying for you.

Praying for you.

I experienced great spiritual attack during the days coming up to my Marian Consecration, as well. Will pray for you.

Hail Holy Queen, Mother of Mercy, our life, our sweetness, and our hope.
To thee do we cry, poor banished children of Eve;
To thee do we lift up our souls, mourning and weeping in this valley of tears.
Turn then, most gracious advocate, thine eyes of mercy towards us, and after this, our exile, show unto us the most blessed fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
O clement, o loving, o sweet Virgin Mary,
Pray for us, O Holy Mother of God,
that we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ.

This is one reason (there are others) why I’m not practicing today. I’ve been in and out of a state of grace ever since my confirmation, and I’ve prayed explicitly for some tangible help, friendship, relationship, accountability person, whatever. I’ve even had the priest at my last “big” confession tell me that I need friends in my life. That was good advice, but I already knew that. What I don’t know is how to accomplish it. As of right now, I don’t expect to be back anytime soon, since it seems like the faith life is just something I get into for a while, like a hobby, before getting bored/frustrated with it (or myself) again.

Saint Michael, the archangel, defend us in battle, be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil, may God rebuke him, we humbly pray. And do you, O’ Prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God thrust into Hell Satan and all the other evil spirits who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

Amen.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

That is a very judgmental remark. I will pray for the author of this thread’s ability to attend confession and to make good use of it. To also eliminate scruples should they exist in their situation.

Know this respondent: many mental health professionals are dismissive of religion, faith and spirituality. They are human and may lack it themselves, while using a person of faith to make themselves feel better. God is NOT a disease, and I’ll not listen to a person asking such questions as “when did this first start” as if I was molested by faith as a child.

Let The Lord Correct You.

[INDENT]Prayer to Trust God

O Christ Jesus, when all is darkness and
we feel our weakness and helplessness,
give us the sense of Your presence, Your love,
and Your strength. Help us to have perfect trust
in Your protecting love and strengthening
power, so that nothing may frighten or worry us,
for, living close to You, we shall see Your hand,
Your purpose, Your will through all things.

*– By St. Ignatius of Loyola, 1491-1556 *

Prayer to Our Lady in Time of Trouble

Holy Virgin Mary, you are reigning in glory,
with Jesus, your Son. Remember us in our
sadness. Look kindly on all who are suffering
or fighting against any difficulty. Have pity on
those who are separated from someone they
love. Have pity on the loneliness of our hearts.
Have pity on the weakness of our faith and love.
Have pity on those who are weeping, on those
who are praying, on those who are fearful.
Holy Mother, please obtain for all of us hope
and peace with justice. Amen.

:gopray2:
[/INDENT]

I found the prayer I pasted at the end. It doesn’t really apply to you 100%, but I liked the Philippians 4:13 reference toward the end. That does apply to you. I pray that the Holy Spirit will come upon you even before Pentecost and give you the gifts you need to resist sin. Your struggle is a hard one, that much is obvious, but think of the blessings you’ll receive for using those gifts to choose virtue! :heaven:

Even if you DO fall to sin, God does not demand perfection. He only wants us to keep trying. Most of us truly want to stay free from sin, but we fail because of our fallen nature, which is why confessionals have kleenex boxes. Also remember the Parable of the Prodigal Son and how there is more joy in Heaven for one repentant sinner than for…

Behold me, O my God, at Your feet! I do not deserve mercy, but O my Redeemer, the blood with You have shed for me encourages me and obliges me to hope for it. How often I have offended You, repented, and yet have I again fallen into the same sin. O my God, I wish to amend, and in order to be faithful to You, I will place all my confidence in You. I will, whenever I am tempted, instantly have recourse to You. Until now, I have trusted in my own promises and resolutions and have neglected to recommend myself to You in my temptations. This has been the cause of my repeated failures. From this day forward, be You, O Lord, my strength, and this shall I be able to do all things, for “I can do all things in Him who strengthens me.” Amen.

Good points and I agree.

Here’s one way to do it. I’m writing for men-only here. From my perspective, there are dozens of young Catholic men on CAF who suffer from this isolation and lonliness.
First, as I said before, very often you will find posts on CAF from young men who are calling out for prayer and/or help with temptations.
So, for you to make some friends …
Reach out to a young man who is suffering like this.
Contact him through a personal mail on CAF.
Offer to give a phone call, and/or offer your own phone number.
You have something to offer. A word of friendship.
The phone call can be simple. Just pray in your own words or with an Our Father and Hail Mary. Then, listen to the struggle going on. Then, share your own struggle. Be totally honest and open about temptations.
It doesn’t need to be a long phone call - just some fellowship.
Then, agree to talk again. If you can, maybe the next day.
Then stay in touch. Offer to help whenever temptation is very strong.

That’s how you can build friendships, and also have an accountability partner for yourself in your own temptations.

Prayers for you for strength and perseverance …

Divine Mercy Chaplet

O Blood and Water, which gushed forth from the Heart of Jesus as a fountain of Mercy for us, I trust in You!
O Blood and Water, which gushed forth from the Heart of Jesus as a fountain of Mercy for us, I trust in You!

Our Father, Who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name; Thy kingdom come; Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil, Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace. The Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death, Amen.

I believe in God, the Father almighty, Creator of heaven and earth, and in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord, who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died and was buried; He descended into hell; on the third day He rose again from the dead; He ascended into heaven, and is seated at the right hand of God the Father almighty; from there He will come to judge the living and the dead. I believe in the Holy Spirit, the holy catholic Church, the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and life everlasting. Amen.

Eternal Father, I offer you the Body and Blood, Soul and Divinity of Your Dearly Beloved Son, Our Lord, Jesus Christ, in atonement for our sins and those of the whole world.

For the sake of His sorrowful Passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world.

Holy God, Holy Mighty One, Holy Immortal One, have mercy on us and on the whole world.
Holy God, Holy Mighty One, Holy Immortal One, have mercy on us and on the whole world.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.