I'm lonely!!!!

I’m lonely!!
I have not been close to my wife in months!
I don’t even ask anymore!
I will give her what she wants NOTHING!
I have no job to go to!
I have nothing!
At least I have my child.
I am lonely.
Why doesn’t God direct me?

I’m sorry to hear that… Have you and your wife sought faithful Christian/Catholic counseling- both together and apart. There must be some reason why she is not open to you or “needs” nothing. Something or someone (maybe not necessarily you, but possibly) has hurt her to the point that she has closed her heart off. We were made, as a people, to love and to be loved.

Hi MainBrain,

I’m so sorry to hear that. Have you tried talking to your wife about it?

Maybe you should go courting? :slight_smile:

Sure, you’ll feel stupid and awkward at first; courting the woman you’ve been married to and had a child with but, just like your first few dates, cut out the physical stuff, be sweet and use lots of eye contact - court her!

You live to get her and see each other all the time but do you live together? Do you see each other?

Start off slow; a movie and a drink afterwards so that you don’t feel the burden of chatting. No kissing! Just chat about things; your shared history, dreams for the future and your child. Don’t allow the conversation to become an opportunity to complain; win her hand and her heart as you did before you married.

As time passes and you ‘find’ each other again past the daily grind, you’ll connect with your hearts, minds and then things will warm up nicely. :heart_eyes:

Trust in your shared love for each other; as dusty and buried as it may seem. Pray for the right attitude, the right opportunity and the right words and you will renew what you had before.

Best of luck to you and your family!

Jenny x

Praying for you to seek guidance and God’s help in solving your serious issues.

Memorare

REMEMBER, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thy intercession was left unaided. Inspired with this confidence, I fly to thee, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother; to thee do I come; before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer me. Amen.

I am sorry that you find yourself still facing these issues which you’ve posted before. I wish we could supply new answers, but I don’t think there are any. Again, the following might help:

—Talk to your priest or spiritual advisor.
—Obtain counseling for your depression.
—Go to marital counseling, even if you have to go alone.
—Communicate your feelings and needs to your wife.
—Ask your wife what she wants so that you can better understand her position even if you can’t agree with her.
—Examine ways in which you could be a better husband.
—Pray
—Read your bible
—Attend Mass frequently
—Consider Retrouvaille, a Catholic program to help troubled marriages

Prayer to Restore a Marriage

Heavenly Father, I come before you today with a heavy heart; my marriage is in trouble, and I need your help. Make changes in my spouse’s heart. Make us compatible again, and bring us closer together. Fill us with your love and give us the strength to love one another, care for one another, and fulfill your destiny for us.

Show us the harm caused by careless words, and the pain caused by emotional distance. Bring us together, like we once were. Show us how to love one another again.

Heal the division between us. Make us one again.

In your name I pray, Amen.

Prayer to bring Back Lost Love

Please pray that my heart’s desire be granted, the return of the love of my life, my one true love. I pray that my spouse may have healed his wounds from the past and forgiven all that has gone wrong.

Lord, help my husband (wife) be able to follow his heart to his desire and love for me and permanently return to me to be forever reconciled as one, as husband and wife.

Amen

PRAYER IN TIME OF MARITAL SUFFERING

O Lord, you raised marriage to the dignity of a sacrament, a sacred sign of love and unity between yourself and your spouse, the Church. You give married couples the grace they need to live together in love and harmony.

Yet, that grace seems out of reach for the one I loved and married and for me. Our love has vanished, our marriage has faltered and our children have certainly been harmed. According to the measure of our faith, teach each of us how to regain what has been lost, to change all that can be changed and to accept whatever cannot be changed.

If we cannot be restored to a life together, keep us from deep regret, resentment and great fear. I come to you now in prayer, O Lord, asking for your divine mercy upon my children, my spouse and me. Heal us so that we may be reassured that your love and forgiveness remain with each one of us.

Grant that the problems that led to this grave situation may be the occasion for growth in both of us, greater respect for each other, mutual pardon and deeper faith.

Draw from this messy pain true good for our children, my spouse and myself. Especially, I pray for our children. Hold them in the palm of your hand and teach my spouse and me how to care for them as you do.

Give us strength, wisdom, healing and understanding dear Lord. Lavish them on us in great measure. Cause each one of us to respond generously to these graces.

In the Name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit. Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.