I'm not a catholic because?

I’m not a Catholic because?

It is not ? And no one gets any more spiritual

It is just a list of rules . go to mass once a week. Go to confession once a year.

Don’t commit a mortal sin. Feel guilty .

Don’t believe in the real presence

Well that’s a mortal sin. According to the counsel of Trent

What about you?

You aren’t catholic anymore? Or is this a type of Poll ?

Well, you really have stirred up a Holy Hornet’s Nest now, pilgrim.

animals-hornet-wasp-yellowjacket-hornets_nest-hornets_nest-cgan4446_low

MY friend either you are extremely uniformed, wrong or you’re hoping to stir up some dialog.

Hardly worthy of response.

GBY

The usual sour grapes thread. “I’m not happy “ “I don’t agree” “Too many rules”. Yet, here they come thirsty for more truth! And it shall not be denied them :smiley:

@almost2
I don’t understand. Don’t believe in the real presence? I’m kinda new to the Catholic faith, so I have no idea what you’re talking about, and if anyone’s willing to explain I’d appreciate that.

But.
I believe one should be open-minded to Catholicism; listen to both sides of the debate. And I don’t think it’s fair to minimize the Faith to “A list of rules”. This applies to pretty much everything, if you really think about it. It’s not even really “rules”.

The Catholic church is not the building itself, but the people who are faithful to it. Faithful to God. These people are likeminded people with the same morals. One does not go to mass if they don’t want to, or if they think it won’t do them any good. It is a choice. It’s free will.

I do, somewhat understand where you are coming from, everyone in my family is a protestant and they are all very critical of the Catholic church. I used to be the same.
Also, Catholicism has no intention of making anyone feel guilty or condemned, but to be freed from the guilt and condemnation of their sins.

Not real sure the point of this post is but if it is to state your reasons why you are not Catholic let me confirm your position and say I can see why. If this were in fact what Catholcism was about, and only this, I too would would not be Catholic. :smirk:

Peace!!!

catholics know and believe the Eucharist IS the Body, Blood, Soul and Divinity of Jesus Christ

:sleeping: zzzzzzz

Well yes, but the Holy Spirit still dwells within us…

Right?
edit: Perhaps I should start a thread on this…

Basically what Roseeurekacross was saying is that the Eucharist (which is what we receive at Mass) changes from bread to the actual body of Jesus Christ. That is what the Real Presence means.

Ohhh I understand now. Thanks for the clarification!

From other posts I’ve seen, troll.

It sounds like you don’t want to spend an hour with the Lord.

That’s sad. For you. Here’s what the Lord thinks about those who refuse to attend the Once for all Sacrifice:

Hebrews 10:25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.
26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,
27 But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.
28 He that despised Moses’ law died without mercy under two or three witnesses:
29 Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?
30 For we know him that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people.
31 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

REPLY:
Dear friend in Christ. WELCOME Home!

I co-taught RCIA for 3 years before retrying,

From our Catechism: http://www.scborromeo.org/ccc.htm

1324 The Eucharist is “the source and summit of the Christian life.” “The other sacraments, and indeed all ecclesiastical ministries and works of the apostolate, are bound up with the Eucharist and are oriented toward it. For in the blessed Eucharist is contained the whole spiritual good of the Church, namely Christ himself, our Pasch.”[Sacrifice]

1407 The Eucharist is the heart and the summit of the Church’s life, for in it Christ associates his Church and all her members with his sacrifice of praise and thanksgiving offered once for all on the cross to his Father; by this sacrifice he pours out the graces of salvation on his Body which is the Church.

The Dogma of the “Real Presence{ is grounded in the bible & in Sacred Tradition.

https://quod.lib.umich.edu/r/rsv/ [The RSV Catholic Bible]

The “REAL PRESENCE: means that Catholic Holy Communion during the Consecration at Mass, actually transforms the Bread & wine into the Body, Blood, Soul and Divinity of Jesus HIMSELF In Person. A Miracle & a Mystery

Mt. 26: 26-28
Mk. 14: 22-24
Lk 22: 17:20

John 6: entire chapter but quoted here for space is verses 47:58
verses 53-58

“So Jesus said to them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of man and drink his blood, you have no life in you; he who eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day. For my flesh is food indeed, and my blood is drink indeed. He who eats my flesh and drinks my blood abides in me, and I in him [which is precisely what takes place in Catholic Holy Communion”

And Paul 1st Cor. 11: 23-30
For I received from the Lord what I also delivered to you, that the Lord Jesus on the night when he was betrayed took bread, and when he had given thanks, he broke it, and said, “This is my body which is for you. Do this in remembrance of me.” In the same way also the cup, after supper, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in my blood. Do this, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of me.” For as often as you eat this bread and drink the cup, you proclaim the Lord’s death until he comes. ] Whoever, therefore, eats the bread or drinks the cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner will be guilty of profaning the body and blood of the Lord Let a man amine himself, and so eat of the bread and drink of the cup. For an one who eats and drinks without discerning the body eats and drinks judgment upon himself. ** That is why many of you are weak and ill, and some have died [Died here means Spiritually]

I would like to ALSO clarify for you the Grave Moral obligation of Sunday & Holiday MASS attendance which is required under the 2nd Commandment. “KEEP HOLY THE SABBATH DAY”

Matthew 19:16-17 “ But if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments”

Thank you for your POST, Pray very much and do get to Mass at least every Sunday and Holyday:
Holy Days of Obligation in the 2017 Year

Holiday: obligatory in 2017?

Wednesday, November 1, 2017 All Saints’ Day Yes

GBY,
Patrick

Thanks so much @PJM!

In my reading of the Bible and understanding how Jesus Christ organized his church, it was time to find the truth.

I found it years ago with no plans by anyone here or elsewhere for that matter, trying to convince me to return to Catholicism. My Catholic friends would tell me I had the truth, how dare I look elsewhere.

Seeking outside Catholicism brought the truth to me that I would not have found as a Catholic.

As i have said before, this is exactly what my family members tell me their reason is for no longer being Catholic. The thing is - they are now JW. :man_shrugging:

Peace!!!

That is my story as well. I studied the Bible, left all of the assumptions and allegorical interpretations behind and found the Truth in the Scriptures themselves. I hold no animosity towards my Catholic brethren. I simply Reject the baggage that was/is loaded onto the simple message of Salvation and the misapplication and interpretation of Scripture.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.