I'm not Allowed on Catholic Match? Anyone Else Have This Problem

I'm really sad right now. I signed up with Catholic Match to hopefully meet a nice woman and start a family. However today when I went to log in, the site indicated my profile had been removed.

I sent a help ticket and received a response my profile was removed because I did not pass their security measures. I don't know how I could not pass their security measures. I have nothing even resembling a criminal record. In fact, I think it has been over five years since I've had a speeding ticket.

I'm a devout Catholic, I'm sincere, I have nothing bad in my life and I never have.

How can this happen? I feel like I've been excommunicated. What did I do wrong? Has anyone had a similar experience?

Gosh, I'm sad. I'm really sad. I'm a good guy. I help everyone I can. Man, I feel like crying.

Brother,
Websites can have all kinds of problems. I never take any of them too seriously. Ask Catholic Match again what the problem is -- they pride themselves on their Customer Service. They should be able to give you a better explanation.
God has someone for you. Try to take the ups and downs of dating in your stride. There are plenty of lovely young women who would be thrilled to meet you. Many people meet through friends or relatives, co-workers, etc. You might let people know you are interested in finding someone. Just rely on God and keep living as well as you can.
God bless.

I’m on that site, never had a problem with a security check before. Never even knew they did one. I think the most they could possibly do is check your IP address against previously banned individuals. There’s no way they can check your personal criminal records if you have one.

Sometimes an IP address can look similar to other IP addresses by teh same provider, so if you are innocent then chances are your IP address might be similar to a previously banned member.

Or yeah, just ask them for clarification.

That stinks, I hope they gave you a refund if you are paying. Have you tried another Catholic dating site?

[quote="HMCatholic, post:1, topic:237067"]
I'm really sad right now. I signed up with Catholic Match to hopefully meet a nice woman and start a family. However today when I went to log in, the site indicated my profile had been removed.

I sent a help ticket and received a response my profile was removed because I did not pass their security measures. I don't know how I could not pass their security measures. I have nothing even resembling a criminal record. In fact, I think it has been over five years since I've had a speeding ticket.

I'm a devout Catholic, I'm sincere, I have nothing bad in my life and I never have.

How can this happen? I feel like I've been excommunicated. What did I do wrong? Has anyone had a similar experience?

Gosh, I'm sad. I'm really sad. I'm a good guy. I help everyone I can. Man, I feel like crying.

[/quote]

Well, personally I think Ave Maria is a better service.

But, it could be your name/records have been mixed up with someone else's or you could be a victim of identity theft. You should request a more thorough accounting.

[quote="1ke, post:5, topic:237067"]
Well, personally I think Ave Maria is a better service.

[/quote]

I agree.

They ban people on there with regularity, unfortunately, and without good reason - such as your case. Administration seems to forget that they are Catholic first (it is in their name) and you are a paying customer. The site has grown so large that customer service (such as what happened to you) is viewed as insignificant.

Try Ave Maria Singles. I've been very pleased with that site. The members there are more orthodox, in my opinion, and it is a friendlier atmosphere.

I'm sorry that happened to you, but don't lose heart. :heaven:

I don’t have much of an opinion for the dating sites either way but if you are going to try Ave Maria Singles as a few people here have suggested use the referral code, NE007 to get $25. off. There are other referral codes but I know this one so check around to see what discounts you can get. Student, non-US.

Fr. Benedict Groeschel also endorses Ave Maria Singles. I believe I heard him say a family member met and married through that site. :thumbsup:

Well, I’ve never used these sort of sites but:

I’m not sure what info they request from you on registration but if they even get a name and DOB they can do a basic background on you. The problem is that with just a name and DOB you can be easily confused with someone else. As someone else mentioned, if your IP address has been banned before that could be an issue. Not to mention that I know that some dating sites do extensive questionaires and your answers to it can actually get you kicked off of the site.

You might also want to check into eHarmony. They are obviously not Catholic-specific, but you can enter your religion and specify that you only want to be matched up with other people who share your religion and rank it as a very important factor in their own preferences.

Obviously you will get more “mainstream” Catholics there than on a site like Ave Maria singles, but it’s worth investigating. I have a Catholic friend who met a suitable match on eHarmony last year. I have another friend who is Jewish who eHarmony “rejected” (and refunded her money) because she specified that it was important that she be matched up with another devout Jew (among other preferences), and eHarmony calculated that they didn’t have any good matches for her at the time. It was frustrating, but better than wasting her time connecting with potential mates who did not share her fundamental values.

I met my husband on Ave Maria…highly recommend! :thumbsup:

KG

Also, I'd try CatholicSingles.com . My sister joined recently, and met a very nice man. She believes he's "the one", before and after meeting in person! It's very easy to sign up, and you can create a limited profile for free, which is all my sister has. However, people cannot message you through the site with the limited profile, so the best way is to put you email address in your about section so you can receive personal emails, if you want to try it out before spending the money.

Good luck!!

[quote="HMCatholic, post:1, topic:237067"]

[/quote]

I've known nearly a dozen people who were very dissatisfied
with Catholic Match. You have not missed a thing and might
have dodged a bullet. If the site owes you $$, get it back.

Hi, I too was also banned from catholicmatch. I was wondering how long does it take the ban to lift, or is it a life time type of a ban?

Surprised. You don’t even have to be catholic to join. They allow people who are divorced without an anullment even in the process of one to join so unless you had some problem like sending mass emails or you IP address resembles a fraudulent one I can’t think why. I have nothing against divorced people by the way I just thinks it’s a bad idea to be on a singles website to date if your not free to marry in the church.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.