I'm on my way!

Not that I have ever believed I haven’t been a Ukrainian Catholic these past few months. But yesterday I have verbally asked my bishop about applying for canonical transfer and he said “yes”. So its all formality now. I hope no one will start quoting the CIC on me telling me I’m still Roman Catholic :wink:

We’ll work on the formal process in the near future when he’s back from a trip.

So that means that you are still a Roman Catholic. :smiley:

Congratulations!:smiley:
:clapping:
Pakesh

Congratulations!

To tell you the truth, I still have to make my official transfer (OK, the secrets out). :blush: Now that my wife has given me an enthusiastic thumbs up I guess it’s high time! :thumbsup:

Not to be a stick in the mud or anything but it is still more than just a “formality” as you do not just need a “yes” from your receiving bishop but you also need a “yes” from the bishop you are leaving.

Congrats! I have confidence that you will get the approvals (unless the Latin bishop gets jealous of losing one of his best :wink: but I think he’ll man up :slight_smile: )

The church will be blessed to have you, I am sure.

Many Years!

Congratulations on your move from being Roman Catholic to being Roman Catholic! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

JUST KIDDING!! I made the change recently myself and I totally understand that it is an exciting move! I hope it all works out for you and - of course - brings you closer to Christ in the process. :thumbsup:

God grant you many years! :blessyou:

We have an awesome RC Archbishop, he will not have a problem with it. Just in case he goes all Archbishop John Ireland on me, I will go all St. Alexis Toth on him :wink:

This is true, although my own canonical transfer to the Melkite Church took all of two months from the time I sent off my letter to the Archbishop requesting transfer (and just in time, too, since soon after, it was announced that he’d be transfered to Lebanon, and we got a new Eparch!).

I sent a letter to the Archbishop, who asked for the consent of my Latin bishop (which was readily given). About five weeks from the time I sent my letter, my pastor received the Decree of Transfer of Ascription and an Acceptance of Transfer of Ascription, which I was to sign in the presence of two witnesses. Getting the witnesses lined up to attend a Sunday Divine Liturgy took a bit of time (especially since I was out of the country for two weeks after my pastor got the letter), but everything was done and signed less than a month from the time we received word from the Eparchy.

I hope it goes well and smoothly for you, too, ConstantineTG!

AJ

I heard that you are changing your signature picture to this one: :D:D:D
http://mychinaconnection.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/stick-in-the-mud-150x150.jpg

Congratulations! I hope to be in your position this time next year :slight_smile:

As we say in Slavonic: Yippee!!! :clapping:
Great news! :smiley:

How long is your bishop going to be gone? Maybe you can do your signing on Pokrov. It might be pushing it to be ready by Exaltation of the Precious and Life-creating Cross… but maybe not.

Now, don’t be threatening to leave the Catholic Church for Holy Orthodoxy. :slight_smile: The Ukrainians need you!
:confused: Are you discerning a vocation to the priesthood, too?

In my Greek Catholic parish we commemorate Saint Alexis on his Feastday. :slight_smile:

Troparion
O righteous Father Alexis, Our heavenly intercessor and teacher, divine adornment of the Church of Christ, Entreat the Master of All to strengthen the Orthodox Faith in America, to grant peace to the world And to our souls great mercy.

Welcome and congrats:thumbsup:

God grant you many, many years!

Congratulations.

When I transferred it took a several months because one has to order the sacramental records of baptism, confirmation, matrimony, etc. from the various Catholic churches and send them to the Chancery, in addition to signing the affadavit in front of two witnesses and getting the parish seal. The J.C.L. made a point that my transfer was official only once I received a copy of the protocol with the seal from the Chancery (which is actually dated to match the witnessed signing of the affadavit.)

That`s great Constantine! Hope it all goes smoothly.

I realize that the certificates for my Sacraments might delay this. They will be coming from another country and its also a matter of getting them. Unlike here in North America where everything is annotated to the Baptismal Certificate, in the Philippines each Sacrament is issued a separate certificate by the parish that celebrates the Sacrament for you.

That brought to mind a sound byte from one of our beloved Sisters saying that word :wink:

He’ll be away for this one… risu.org.ua/en/index/all_news/catholics/ugcc/37862/

I honestly can’t imagine being following another bishop.

I sometimes think about it but I just got a message from God that says its not what I should be thinking about right now. At the right moment He will call me. But I have my first vocation to attend to :wink:

The Cathedral where I was received into the Church was destroyed in an earthquake here in 1989, but luckily the records survived (as did my Baptismal record survive from the Episcopal Church which burned to the ground when I was a kid :sad_yes:). The old Cathedral parish records now are in the new Cathedral parish here. They use volunteers, austerity measures, to make out the copies for such things. So when I picked up the official copy of my Confirmation certificate needed for my change in Church to Russian, it had my mother’s maiden name wrong. :eek: The volunteer could have cared less, asked me if I was sure about the spelling of my mother’s name… :hmmm: I left seeing she was not interested in accuracy, nor in fixing it, went home and emailed the Rector who used to live at my Latin parish. He got another one issued with things spelled correctly, plus something else that had been missing which I now forget.

Catholics think the Catholic Church keeps good records. I have so many stories from my own experience (like trying to track down my daughter’s Baptismal record-- she was Baptized in the Deaf mission which met in a local parish that ought to have had a copy of the Deaf mission’s records, according to the Tribunal, and didn’t. Eventually got a copy and that parish got a copy), and from folks in RCIA. From Orthodox I’ve talked with they aren’t any better with this stuff. :slight_smile:

Well dear, first things first. :smiley:

My mom has copies of the original certificates she held from the day I was baptized and confirmed (they were on different dates but both during my first year on earth. I was destined to be Byzantine :wink: ) but I just spoke to her and said she should just keep them and get me new ones instead. Sentimental reasons I guess.

The basilica where I was baptized has been around since the 1500s. Don’t know how good they are with their records. But they probably have kept everything since then. I’ve been to some museums of some of the old Spanish-era churches and they’ve kept every statue, every image from day 1. The only losses are for those that were destroyed by fire or earthquake. Or some unfortunate event of a piece of jewelry that was stolen. But they keep everything. They just have to dig really deep I guess.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.